Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick search and found a post about this issue being more wide spread, but curious who's had this issue? What was the resolution? Also, was it occurring every time you drove, or just intermittent?

I just had it pop on my Bronco twice today. I have an appointment next week to get it checked out, but would like to provide them some "guidance" on some things to look at. Or if someone has a TSB, that'd be helpful too.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened to me once. It went away after I started it up.
Weird. But glad to hear. I’ll keep my appointment next week but might cancel it if this doesn’t occur again between now and then.

When it first occurred for me, I was parked on the side of the road with the truck on. The second time it was parked in the garage and I got an alert on my phone; could have been a delay from the first instance (not sure).

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened to me once. It went away after I started it up.
Same here. Happened once last week and I totally forgot about it until yesterday when I noticed an entry in my Ford Pass app. Under "what should I do" it just says to go to a dealer.

Screenshot_20211229-205844_FordPass.jpg

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had it multiple times, but for me it is always related to turning the Bronco off and not getting out, then restarting about 15 minutes later. E-break engages while sitting and is on when the Bronco starts, just turn it off an no issues. Has happened 4 or 5 times.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had it multiple times, but for me it is always related to turning the Bronco off and not getting out, then restarting about 15 minutes later. E-break engages while sitting and is on when the Bronco starts, just turn it off an no issues. Has happened 4 or 5 times.
Interesting. That’s almost exactly what happened with me today.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I take off the doors the issue comes back. But I like having the doors and roof off too much…
Weird that brings the issue back. There’s no correlation, other than the whole vehicle is a computer I guess.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did a quick search and found a post about this issue being more wide spread, but curious who's had this issue? What was the resolution? Also, was it occurring every time you drove, or just intermittent?

I just had it pop on my Bronco twice today. I have an appointment next week to get it checked out, but would like to provide them some "guidance" on some things to look at. Or if someone has a TSB, that'd be helpful too.

Thanks!
I have had it happen three times. Every time it happens, I'm in the car idling in park, for 5 or more minutes. Getting it checked out next week.

Chick

Badlands
First Name
Chick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modified 2005 Subaru STi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rekindling this dead thread. This has happened to me twice now. I believe @Vtfakie is on to something as I had it come up for the same reason. I don’t feel it’s worthy of a trip to the dealer for it, has anyone else had bigger issues with this other than just having to disengage the e-brake?

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I encountered the same hill start assist warning today under the same conditions described above. Has anyone decided to take their Bronco to the dealer to diagnose?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had it happen to me three times. Brought it into dealership @ 7am on a Friday morning, came back at 4:30 and said they were still working on it. At 5pm service writer comes up and says my dash was now dead and they couldn't get my PCM to accept programming and needed to accelerate it to Ford engineers. Sent me home with a rental Jeep Wrangler from Enterprise next door. Car sat through the weekend and Monday they started back in on it with no luck all day. It took an additional two days with the technician and Ford guidance to finally get my PCM to fully reprogram. Was told it takes 2-3 hrs for computer to write new software and if it messes up, they have to restart the process. Got it back that Tuesday and have had no new issues (1 wk now) and all my original settings, (radio, touch screen, preferences, etc.) were still present. Not sure if it was a technician error not fully knowing how to reprogram or other issue but glad to have it back in my garage.
Sponsored