First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck getting the replacement parts you need. Don’t settle for aftermarket junk (if it’s even available yet) and remember, in most states, you have the right to select what parts are used and where the repair takes place.
Sponsored

Pb.Slinger

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad you r ok!!

Your insurance company will decide and you don't have a lot of say in the decision.
This is not true! Anything insurance offers is a settlement. You have the right to be restored. Only you decide when restoration is complete.

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree to disagree. Perhaps my wording was too finite- you can challenge anything- but the time/expense/effort ratio may not be worth it.

Curious, if insurance totals it, and you have replacement value- is ADM included?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cops were chasing a Jeep Cherokee and it hit me.

Does this look like a total. Just got in December has just under 3k miles.

20230520_005849.jpg

20230520_005843.jpg
I hate people! :mad: Just, why?

Criminals make me long for the Wild West days. I know things weren’t civil back then, but the ability to give some instant justice to those who deserve it is what I mean.

Sorry man. This is the fear of a lot of us every day with our rigs, so I’m sending good vibes your way.

To the question; doesn’t look totaled, but it may take a while to fix. I know a good shop will want to replace that rear axle and components on both sides to ensure your ride quality gets back to normal.

Tell the guys to take their time and don’t rush the fix. You’ll likely need to fight with your insurance company. I’d also hire a lawyer. Hate this part, but technically, police shouldn’t do high speed chases due to collateral damage and liability, so getting some money from the city, county, or state may be necessary to seek out, just don’t like it. Cops were just trying to protect us all and catch the bastards that caused this and some other mess or prevent even worse.

However, in the end, you need to be made whole and local governments don’t part with such money easily. If they do in this instance, may be something like $10K would be fair and that could be used for some suspension upgrades! A lawyer is going to go for a big settlement like closer to $100K, but of course, most of that would be for themselves.

Keep us updated man. Any others here shouldn’t go through this nightmare blind.

Glad you weren’t hurt, but I know you’re pissed to no end.

OP
OP
JonD

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you everyone for the information. I go in a few hours to get personal stuff out then I'll take some day pictures and post here. Insurance is letting me take to Ford dealership for repair. I hope that's a wise decision.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JonD

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate people! :mad: Just, why?

Criminals make me long for the Wild West days. I know things weren’t civil back then, but the ability to give some instant justice to those who deserve it is what I mean.

Sorry man. This is the fear of a lot of us every day with our rigs, so I’m sending good vibes your way.

To the question; doesn’t look totaled, but it may take a while to fix. I know a good shop will want to replace that rear axle and components on both sides to ensure your ride quality gets back to normal.

Tell the guys to take their time and don’t rush the fix. You’ll likely need to fight with your insurance company. I’d also hire a lawyer. Hate this part, but technically, police shouldn’t do high speed chases due to collateral damage and liability, so getting some money from the city, county, or state may be necessary to seek out, just don’t like it. Cops were just trying to protect us all and catch the bastards that caused this and some other mess or prevent even worse.

However, in the end, you need to be made whole and local governments don’t part with such money easily. If they do in this instance, may be something like $10K would be fair and that could be used for some suspension upgrades! A lawyer is going to go for a big settlement like closer to $100K, but of course, most of that would be for themselves.

Keep us updated man. Any others here shouldn’t go through this nightmare blind.

Glad you weren’t hurt, but I know you’re pissed to no end.
Madman....so pissed at the moment, I love that truck. Thank you for the kind words and info

23OBFun

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had an Explorer with the same type of impact. It was totaled. Depends on the damage you can’t see. Glad you’re ok!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, hope you get it sorted before too long.

Hey, did you recently move to MD or did you come all the way out to Kearny Mesa Ford to purchase? That's where I got mine as well.
Anyway good luck to you.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

check for wrinkles or paint flaking on the frame. Could be buckled and then it’s a TOTAL

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sux. Glad nobody was hurt.
The tailgate looks fine from my angle.
I’d be worried about the rear axle.

Sponsored

60sIron

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the airbags didn’t pop off, this can be fixed way cheaper than replacement

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

20230520_005849.jpg

20230520_005843.jpg
Did airbags deploy? Suspension mangled? Most Broncos I have seen at salvage auctions look hardly damaged but many of them have had all bags deployed and/or one corner of suspension lets say redecorated. Seems like ford designed the airbags with hair triggers likely incase of off roading rollovers. With supply issues and costs to insurance companies to hold a vehicle and wait I'm guessing it's adding to the number of "total losses" if you have rental coverage for instance and parts ETA is 6 months plus the costs of parts labor ect. I would definitely pursue loss of value regardless. If you're lucky have it totalled out,paid off then buy it back cheap. You have the legal right to retain the vehicle at the price the insurance company gives you before auctioning if they do total it. It's highly likely one who runs from the police is not insured so this could get get messy. Good reminder to have uninsured and under insured coverages. Too many dipshits without insurance and even licenses out there with little to no consequence.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

20230520_005849.jpg

20230520_005843.jpg
Sorry. This sucks. Important to note you have the legal right to pick a repair shop. Insurance shops only have the insurance comapnies interest in mind. Sure hope no flex happened with the unobtainium hard top.

OP
OP
JonD

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep on right is the one being chased and then hit me.

Most concerning for me is the crunch under the hard top. The back gate opens perfectly so it all in the back 1/4. Plus worried about axle/suspension....

I still cant belive how the actual rim chattered unless that's the point of impact

20230520_122553.jpg

20230520_122257.jpg

20230520_122237.jpg

20230520_122153.jpg

20230520_122146.jpg

20230520_121941.jpg

20230520_121845.jpg

20230520_121836.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JonD