Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hitch Covers - Let's See What You've Got A4BC7DCD-F110-4A27-B2DE-BC920D34739F

I added a little safe to the hitch
Oh man, I hope you don't put anything too important in there.
My dad's friend had one of those on his truck. He wanted to borrow a trailer from me and when he went to put in the combo to remove it, the lock wouldn't budge. I decided to see if I could decode it and remove it for him, that took a grand total of maybe half a minute tops. All you have to do is put some pressure on the lever and feel the number wheels as you rotate them...if a particular number has more play than the others then it's on the correct number and you go to the next wheel until you have them all. Turns out his girlfriend was having a bit of fun with him and forgot she changed the combo. Nothing wrong with the lock physically, and it's not like there are better options out there, it's just that I could teach a five year old how to open one without the combo.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh man, I hope you don't put anything too important in there.
My dad's friend had one of those on his truck. He wanted to borrow a trailer from me and when he went to put in the combo to remove it, the lock wouldn't budge. I decided to see if I could decode it and remove it for him, that took a grand total of maybe half a minute tops. All you have to do is put some pressure on the lever and feel the number wheels as you rotate them...if a particular number has more play than the others then it's on the correct number and you go to the next wheel until you have them all. Turns out his girlfriend was having a bit of fun with him and forgot she changed the combo. Nothing wrong with the lock physically, and it's not like there are better options out there, it's just that I could teach a five year old how to open one without the combo.
Sounds like it's coming off the bronco tonight.

Appreciate the heads up 👍

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like it's coming off the bronco tonight.

Appreciate the heads up 👍
Give it a try and see if you can open it up before you toss it, this was several years ago and they may have updated the design (probably not, but it's worth a shot).

Same basic idea works on a lot of those combo locks:

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they make this with a 4-pin connector?
If your trailer connector is not 7-pin, this kit will still work for you but will require slight modification to the harness.

OP
OP
Bronc69

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s gonna leave a mark if someone ever rear ends you! Looks cool.
It'll leave a mark in your shin if you're not careful LOL!

Sponsored

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lets all have a moment of silence for the Fox hitch cover that has been sitting in my desk since March 2022 after adding the Hoss 3.0 to my October 2021 white 4 door, hard top, lux package Wildtrak with side tow that drove out of its cocoon at the Ford plant as a into a green 4 door, soft top, high package non sas Badlands without tow 525 days later.

...moment of silence

On the bright side I will now have front stabilizer disconnect. On the down side my wife is furious about losing the Wildtrak in general, the hard top and adaptive cruise when we trade in her current 2022 F-150. The 2 years in the hard loaded 2020 Explorer and going on 1 year in the F-150 really has her spoiled her on adaptive cruise. Badlands is built waiting on a train to the Ozarks for our families adventures but needless to say we put our Wildtrak order in all over again this week.

Until then the wifes hitch cover will set here in my desk at work until her oxford white Wildtrak built how she wants it shows up outside so she can go put her little hitch cover on it.
She is not hopeful, she had a really rough year losing a baby. We all had a rough year.

I however am hopeful.

Ford Bronco Hitch Covers - Let's See What You've Got 336660000_719203726570223_7542763516812845466_n

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UGH! That's a rough one.
The hitch cover will look great once you get it on. Keep the faith...
Thanks man I will. We are back at the back of the line. The deciding factor to take the order modification switch was being told if we didn't, there was a high possibility the order would ever get produced at all.
Blows my mind it not even being a red window sticker item.

Ford Bronco Hitch Covers - Let's See What You've Got Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 17-33-06 Your 2023 Bronco Wildtrak™ Order

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's see what everyone has and the reason you chose what you did.

I have a Fox Racing hitch cover. Goes well with my HOSS 3.0 Fox suspension.
It's made of polyurethane too, so it's flexible. I had to elongate the hole so it would fit the RTR rear bumper. Not a big deal.

Ford Bronco Hitch Covers - Let's See What You've Got IMG_4082
What kind of trailer hitch do you have? I installed this bumper last night and had to remove my Mabett 2” Tow Trailer Hitch Receiver because of contact.
Sponsored