Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello everyone!… So I was one of those early reservation holders and 2021 Bronco orderer that ended up after a 22 month wait from ordering we received a 2023 model back on December 13th, 2022.My wife an I stuck to our guns with our order except for one thing we dropped the tow package due to being told it was a constraint and just get a tow hitch and wiring by your ford dealer!!!! Well we did that to which after two days of having it, I was told the wiring harness wasn’t able to be installed because of the lack of no Module?… so has anyone else gone the direction I have and had the same issue?, if so what is the fix? Thanks in advance👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Sponsored

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Double check the Towing, Trailering, Flat-Tow, Hitches forums.
There are a few threads on adding it afterwards.
I did detail how to add the module and wiring as you would get from the factory.

KenM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV Ram Prospector, Bronco, HD RG & Pan America
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello everyone!… So I was one of those early reservation holders and 2021 Bronco orderer that ended up after a 22 month wait from ordering we received a 2023 model back on December 13th, 2022.My wife an I stuck to our guns with our order except for one thing we dropped the tow package due to being told it was a constraint and just get a tow hitch and wiring by your ford dealer!!!! Well we did that to which after two days of having it, I was told the wiring harness wasn’t able to be installed because of the lack of no Module?… so has anyone else gone the direction I have and had the same issue?, if so what is the fix? Thanks in advance👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Do you need a 7 pin plug? Wiring a 4 pin is pretty easy w/o a brake control module.

Sponsored

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are doing that because the accessory tow harness is a nightmare to install. They will have to pull apart the driverside of your interior running wires from front to back of the vehicle. I bought the curt harness which allows a 4 pin to be hooked up through the tail lights. completely plug and play.

https://www.curtmfg.com/all-products/2023/ford/bronco/61/Custom+Wiring+&+T-Connectors

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did an aftermarket one. It was less than 300 dollars and it took about an hour to install. Very simple.
Sponsored