Hold up on the $95 option?

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
I ordered my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 on Sept. 20. The dealer said I could expect delivery in 8-10 weeks. I thought that was optimistic but didn't say anything. Then about a month later I got a call from the dealer asking me if the keyless entry option was a "deal breaker" for me. I said most definitely yes. He then said delivery of the vehicle would be pushed back because Ford was not putting that option on the vehicles at first. And he said Ford was not saying how long it would delay the vehicle. Seems a little weird that a $95 option would delay things and that they can't say how long it will be before they start installing it. I've been patient this long so I told them I'd be able to wait as long as it's not next spring or summer before it's delivered! There is another thread that touches on this subject but I thought I'd throw it out there to see how common this has been for others ordering with this option.
Sponsored

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
I ordered my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 on Sept. 20. The dealer said I could expect delivery in 8-10 weeks. I thought that was optimistic but didn't say anything. Then about a month later I got a call from the dealer asking me if the keyless entry option was a "deal breaker" for me. I said most definitely yes. He then said delivery of the vehicle would be pushed back because Ford was not putting that option on the vehicles at first. And he said Ford was not saying how long it would delay the vehicle. Seems a little weird that a $95 option would delay things and that they can't say how long it will be before they start installing it. I've been patient this long so I told them I'd be able to wait as long as it's not next spring or summer before it's delivered! There is another thread that touches on this subject but I thought I'd throw it out there to see how common this has been for others ordering with this option.
This is very common, for every manufacturer. Hopefully the delay is because they've decided to update to the door applique location rather than the pics we've seen showing it on the door panel itself.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a VIN number? Build date?

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I was told the last thing they do is the spray in bedliner. that will def delay shipment by 2 weeks.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Thanks for the update on keyless. My dealer said the same thing so I removed it from my order. That's a weird thing for them to even option on the Lariat, not to mention have a delay for it.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have both keyless entry and bedliner. That means I might be waiting awhile.
My dealer showed me the order printout that showed a delay because of the hard folding tonneau, so we decided to delete the tonneau and spray-in. They'll order the tonneau as an accessory and will get the spray-in done locally.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer showed me the order printout that showed a delay because of the hard folding tonneau, so we decided to delete the tonneau and spray-in. They'll order the tonneau as an accessory and will get the spray-in done locally.
I assume you don’t have a copy of that printout? I can always ask my dealer for an update.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to contact my dealer to get to the bottom of this rumor. He hadn’t heard anything about a delay for the keypad.

I have a VIN & build date, so my order has been accepted and scheduled. @Rock 25 I doubt they would schedule my order if the keypad wasn’t ready.

OP
OP

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I hope you're right. I was just going by what my dealer told me. It also doesn't look good when the Ranger accessory list comes out today and under the 2 Keyless Entry Keypad entries it says To Come 2Q 2019. That says to me second quarter (at least April) 2019. Again, I hope you and your dealer are right. Maybe preorders won't have to wait that long? If you hear anything else, let us know and I'll do same.

MI2TRAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fusion, 2015 CMax, 1937 Ford PU, 1968 Mustang
The Ranger Accessory List appears to me as a list for dealer add-on options and when they will be available to them. I hope this is the case.

The only late start item my dealer identified was the tonneau covers. I did not order a tonneau cover as a result.

OP
OP

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ranger Accessory List appears to me as a list for dealer add-on options and when they will be available to them. I hope this is the case.

The only late start item my dealer identified was the tonneau covers. I did not order a tonneau cover as a result.
My dealer made it sound like the 2Q 2019 is probably right for my truck with the keypad entry. He said he has nothing to do with production or arrival of a vehicle which I understand. I wanted a cover also but didn't order it - thought I would have one put on by a cover place. I ordered from probably the biggest Ford Dealer in St. Louis so was hoping that might make some difference but I guess not. But the salesman said I'm really gonna love this truck - when I get it!
Sponsored