Bronco2025

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Ford Motor Company: Are you listening? Are you paying attention? Are you OK letting your loyal reservation holders, who you dangled a Bronco Raptor in front of, get bent over like this? Are you too scared of the dealerships.

It's really pathetic.
Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The only thing Ford could have done was allow GT holders to switch dealers or have allocation go away if holder declined it
Correct. As the system stands now, the buyer has 0 leverage. The dealer knows it and ford knows it. Seems like ford knowingly set it up that way.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company: Are you listening? Are you paying attention? Are you OK letting your loyal reservation holders, who you dangled a Bronco Raptor in front of, get bent over like this? Are you too scared of the dealerships.

It's really pathetic.
And yes, Ford is okay with it. In fact, Ford is complicit and encouraging. Ford has had no interest in reducing allocations at any point, except from dealers selling for less than MSRP. Ford says what they need to in order to keep the media off of their back. They have proven that they will not follow through. They did the same with the name match requirement.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer would refuse to discuss price in person, by email or by phone. Always beat around the bush. "Should be MSRP", "95% sure, need to hear from Ford", or they would answer the rest of the email questions except pricing.
The Sales Mgr. finally called me Monday and lowered the hammer. $25k over. I was pissed, so I told him to hold off until I called Ford. I spent about an hour on the phone with them, got a couple rungs up the ladder and filed a complaint and got a case number.
I got an email the next day (Tue) form Ford letting me know my order had been updated to the BRaptor, but nothing regarding the complaint.
The sales mgr called me today to see if I wanted to revert my order back to the Wildtrak. I further explained waiting for 20 months for a guaranteed MSRP order that never came, only to get the GT and now have all this adm BS. He offered to drop $10k if it would make me happy. We interrupted each other several times going back and forth as I too had bad info as to how they got their allocation. I thought it was mine, but it's truly theirs whether I take it or not. He said he's selling all non-GT Braptors for +$50k. Just then he was getting a call from the dealership owner and said he'd call back, which he never did.
I've decided to call him tomorrow and shoot for +$15k out the door and see where we end up. I really want one, but this whole mess has turned into a sh!t show for a lot of us that got the GT and are fortunate enough to be able to do $85k out the door, but don't have $120-$150k lying around.
These are apparently nice trucks (do any of us really know yet?), but for that money, buy yourself a Wrangler 392 and pocket the rest for gas. The sound of the 6.4 will make up for this annoyance and you might actually get to drive it this year. And yes, I know you're a Bronco guy, but seriously, will any of us be Bronco people at the end of this charade?

I feel for all of you folks getting the run around by your dealers who all knew the game they were playing when they pushed right past the dates for your old orders being '22 model years and half you over the Raptor barrel.

OP
OP

Bronco2025

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After thinking about this a bit more, I have at least one idea for all the GT holders that are pissed off at their dealers for pushing ADM on them. It goes like this:

1) Accept the ADM that the dealer forces
2) Build your Bronco (that you do not plan to take delivery of)
3) Select a build that will be more difficult for the dealer to sell. Think Eruption Green and Blue seats (to me would be a pretty awful combination) and zero other options.

The dealer is hoping that the GT holders just to away so they can let someone else spec it the way they want for even higher ADM.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After thinking about this a bit more, I have at least one idea for all the GT holders that are pissed off at their dealers for pushing ADM on them. It goes like this:

1) Accept the ADM that the dealer forces
2) Build your Bronco (that you do not plan to take delivery of)
3) Select a build that will be more difficult for the dealer to sell. Think Eruption Green and Blue seats (to me would be a pretty awful combination) and zero other options.

The dealer is hoping that the GT holders just to away so they can let someone else spec it the way they want for even higher ADM.
I like where your head is at! I’m all for sticking it to the man, that’s why they call me Petty Crocker. But to do this GT holders will have to surrender their original Bronco and go to the end of the line.
Would probably do this if it was me but can’t ask someone else to do the same.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

It's really pathetic.
Ford is very well aware of what some dealers are doing to early reservation holders. Ford knows people waited from July 2020 until Feb 22 get their Bronco only to have the dealer tack on a 10K or more ADM even with a signed DORA that says MSRP.

Ford clearly knew this would happen with the even more desirable Bronco Raptor.

So Ford keeps putting out to the Media how they are against these ADMS. They keep saying a dealer will be punished for this in the Media. In the Media they are encouraging dealers to treat GT holders right.

In reality, Ford is doing nothing to the dealers, in reality Ford is not helping the early reservation holder at all.

And yes, Ford is okay with it. In fact, Ford is complicit and encouraging. Ford has had no interest in reducing allocations at any point, except from dealers selling for less than MSRP. Ford says what they need to in order to keep the media off of their back. They have proven that they will not follow through. They did the same with the name match requirement.
Sad but very true. Ford only cares about keeping the dealers happy. Ford says one thing in the media, but does not actually do anything they said they would in the media.

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. As the system stands now, the buyer has 0 leverage. The dealer knows it and ford knows it. Seems like ford knowingly set it up that way.
As a Buyer, you have all of the leverage. You have the option of walking away.

OP
OP

Bronco2025

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please explain to me how walking away gives the buyer leverage to purchase the Raptor at MSRP? This isn't a thread about options, rather how to hold dealers accountable. Walking away allows the dealer to sell the Raptor to another buyer willing to jump the line and pay a massive ADM.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes but no, take my wife for example. She had day one res but waited to place order. By the time she ordered it was known that the res was pretty useless. So she didn’t use it because dealer told her it was useless and to get her money back. I told her to hold on to it just in case. She placed order for sas base 4 door without using res.

Fast forward to raptor. Because she didn’t use res we put in for golden ticket and got it. BUT, the res was tied to dealer, meaning the original res had to be used at that dealer and Ford would not allow you to switch, which worked fine for us because our dealer does not add ADM to customer orders.

Ford basically made walking away from a sh!+ dealer impossible for some because there reservation of two years ago is tied to that dealer permanently it seems. In that two years we all know what’s happened and a good dealer then may be a ADM @ss fisting dealer now.

Sponsored

michaelyager

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife's Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please explain to me how walking away gives the buyer leverage to purchase the Raptor at MSRP? This isn't a thread about options, rather how to hold dealers accountable. Walking away allows the dealer to sell the Raptor to another buyer willing to jump the line and pay a massive ADM.
What are you talking about holding the dealer accountable? Accountable to what? If you think the vehicle is overpriced than do not purchase it. You are one of those who probably swear that you never paid MSRP for any car. Prior to these times we are in now, dealerships were in such competition with each other that whey would whore out their vehicles because it was a buyers market, resulting in great deals for the buyer. Fast forward to today and you and a lot of others are all butt hurt because you can not get it for MSRP. I'll tell you what, threaten the dealership with the same threat you gave them last time you bought a car, you will go down the street an buy one from their competition.

Remember, you are not a direct customer of Ford Motor Company, you are a direct customer of what ever dealership you CHOOSE to use. That dealership is a direct customer of Ford Motor Company as the sell the dealership the vehicle to further sell it to the end user.

If you bought an ounce of Gold for $400 are you going to sell the same ounce for $400 now, of course not. You will sell it for whatever the market value is for Gold at the time. Why should dealers be any different. They were raped by customers in the past and now have a chance to make of for some of the money lost in the past by the price point shopper.

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

...Remember, you are not a direct customer of Ford Motor Company, you are a direct customer of what ever dealership you CHOOSE to use...
I, for one, am certainly far from butt hurt that I'm one of the fortunate few getting a BRaptor, even though paying MSRP/plus. The bitch of it all is that Ford is taking away the dealership competition by forcing us to stay with whatever dealer we "CHOOSE to use." I could have picked a dealer in another county or state that would have sold to me at MSRP had I known before hand that they would all running wild, but silly me, I choose to do business locally. Little did I know that my local dealer I had done business with before would slap on $30,000 over MSRP and Ford wouldn't let me switch dealers even after filing a complaint for unfairness. Had I known all this before I made my decision on which dealership to do business with, I could have chosen more wisely.

You could say "well, you could have just passed on it and walked out". To me, that's not the point. Even if I did, my dealer blatantly told me they will be selling them starting at +$50k over MSRP, so move along. I figure worst case scenario at that point is for me to make the $20k, not them.

OP
OP

Bronco2025

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What are you talking about holding the dealer accountable? Accountable to what? If you think the vehicle is overpriced than do not purchase it. You are one of those who probably swear that you never paid MSRP for any car. Prior to these times we are in now, dealerships were in such competition with each other that whey would whore out their vehicles because it was a buyers market, resulting in great deals for the buyer. Fast forward to today and you and a lot of others are all butt hurt because you can not get it for MSRP. I'll tell you what, threaten the dealership with the same threat you gave them last time you bought a car, you will go down the street an buy one from their competition.

Remember, you are not a direct customer of Ford Motor Company, you are a direct customer of what ever dealership you CHOOSE to use. That dealership is a direct customer of Ford Motor Company as the sell the dealership the vehicle to further sell it to the end user.

If you bought an ounce of Gold for $400 are you going to sell the same ounce for $400 now, of course not. You will sell it for whatever the market value is for Gold at the time. Why should dealers be any different. They were raped by customers in the past and now have a chance to make of for some of the money lost in the past by the price point shopper.
I would agree with you if every dealer had a similar "market" price for these Raptors. The fact that some are at MSRP, some at 10k, 20k, 30k, 50k etc, what is the market price? And we can't threaten to shop around since we are tied to a specific dealer. I'm all for capitalism, don't get me wrong.

So yes, I guess I'm butt hurt that I have to pay 25k over while someone down the street that chose wisely is paying MSRP.

crowfoot

Raptor
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Suburban 2500 lifted to the sky.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m not expecting much from my call to Marketing, but it couldn’t hurt and my dealers behavior was especially egregious, so I could not sit and not call.

My dealer never had any intention of honoring the golden ticket allocation I received.We have a small town dealer here and I’m pretty sure I was the only Raptor they were allocated.

When I emailed them to get some questions addressed, did they call me to work out my order with me or discuss price? Nope. First thing they did was call to try and buy my allocation from me. Being a small dealership, I think the one Bronco they were able to sell at auction for $100k gave them this idea.

From there we went from a previous MSRP agreement on my WildTrak to them wanting 50k over sticker for a Raptor and wouldn’t budge knowing there’s no way I was going to pay it. They also waited to the last minute to give me their final decision on price and then unilaterally went in and started modifying the order tied to my July 2020 reservation to their specs. I was tickled to get that order change email from Ford.
Sponsored