Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

can’t a brother dream...!
Hey, don't feel bad. I gave up on the website and placed my order with my local dealership at 6:15 Mountain time - fifteen minutes after reservations began. Instead of putting it into the system that dealerships were supposed to have set up ahead of time, mine waited until the next night to put it in.

At this point, between reservations, allocations, shortages, late availability, position of the planets, and phases of the moon, "when we get out Bronco" is all kind of a crap shoot. Fine with me. I still have a lot of junk to get rid of in my garage to make room for it.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. Broncos are modular and anything can be added at any time
2. You would be missing out on the "Pandemic Edition" Bronco, that's a once a lifetime edition,
(there will be a whole new badge for this:ROFLMAO:)

☣☠

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are accessories that you can add as you please. You don’t need a dealer nanny to “suddenly allow” them in build and price tool so you can put on your truck. If you want an accessory buy it and put it on.
Roger that

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved a 4-door Badlands on 07/14/20 but I decided on Friday (11/13/20) to hold off on ordering one after I read an article in Ford Authority saying 'With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.' That is one of the features I really want, not only for the utility it provides, but also because it levels off the cargo area when the back seats are down. Without it, there is a step up from the far back to the backs of the folded down seats. That can be very uncomfortable and hard on your back when you sleep in the back of the vehicle. It's harder to load and remove cargo with a step-up in the back too. I had planned on getting the black top because I thought it would have a better contrast with my Area51 paint and I also like the removable rear side-windows that come with painted tops. I was willing to compromise on that given the molded-in gray color top was much cheaper and wouldn't get noticeably scratched when I loaded my canoe and kayaks on the roof. However, the unavailability of the slide-out tailgate was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for me.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/2021-ford-bronco-was-designed-to-double-as-a-comfy-camper/
Ford has been featuring all these cool options and accessories for overlanding and camping on their web site and YouTube videos, but it appears that many won't be available till late next year or the 2022 model. They seem to be counting on a majority of reservation owners ordering their vehicles in December or January, so they want to limit varieties they run through production, but from what I've read from other reservation holders, I expect the majority probably won't order theirs in December or January. Some will hold off till they can order the Bronco the way they want it, like me, while others have given up on the Bronco for now because they feel they can't wait till next year for a vehicle or they think they are too expensive. I'm just wondering if I can keep a place in line while waiting for Ford to manufacture Broncos with the options I want? I thought I read that Ford is willing to do that for holders of reservations for First Edition and Wildtrak models who don't want molded-in color tops.
BYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE! MUAHAHA MOVING ON UP.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a 4-door Badlands on 07/14/20 but I decided on Friday (11/13/20) to hold off on ordering one after I read an article in Ford Authority saying 'With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.' That is one of the features I really want, not only for the utility it provides, but also because it levels off the cargo area when the back seats are down. Without it, there is a step up from the far back to the backs of the folded down seats. That can be very uncomfortable and hard on your back when you sleep in the back of the vehicle. It's harder to load and remove cargo with a step-up in the back too. I had planned on getting the black top because I thought it would have a better contrast with my Area51 paint and I also like the removable rear side-windows that come with painted tops. I was willing to compromise on that given the molded-in gray color top was much cheaper and wouldn't get noticeably scratched when I loaded my canoe and kayaks on the roof. However, the unavailability of the slide-out tailgate was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for me.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/2021-ford-bronco-was-designed-to-double-as-a-comfy-camper/
Ford has been featuring all these cool options and accessories for overlanding and camping on their web site and YouTube videos, but it appears that many won't be available till late next year or the 2022 model. They seem to be counting on a majority of reservation owners ordering their vehicles in December or January, so they want to limit varieties they run through production, but from what I've read from other reservation holders, I expect the majority probably won't order theirs in December or January. Some will hold off till they can order the Bronco the way they want it, like me, while others have given up on the Bronco for now because they feel they can't wait till next year for a vehicle or they think they are too expensive. I'm just wondering if I can keep a place in line while waiting for Ford to manufacture Broncos with the options I want? I thought I read that Ford is willing to do that for holders of reservations for First Edition and Wildtrak models who don't want molded-in color tops.
I don't think the black hard top will match Badlands carbonized grey grille and rims as well as the MIC hardtop, which also matches the mirrors and fenders. The black top would clash big time and I'd get sick every time I looked at it, but that's me. I'm sure you'll love it.

Also find it funny that a gimmicky, slide out metal sheet that no one's ever seen in their lives is all of a sudden a deal breaker. Anyway, I'm stoked your out so I move up another notch!

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK. Good for you! Just remember, when they change to a 2022 my, the price is likely to go up... a lot more than it will cost you to just buy this pull-out shelf out of the Parts Counter.
Please don't curse the 2022 Mansquatch reservation holders.

I'm hoping that the Ford VS Jeep war heats up enough to minimize big MSRP jumps.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be a valid point if we could get what we wanted from build and price lol.
So it's all or nothing? I don't think people are appreciating the opportunity to customize a build. While Ford can't offer a la carte options for every trim, they have done a pretty good job giving enough options.

I think people will be remiss if they don't take advantage of the reservation/build opportunity. For example, the Big Bend has an option for rear locker. But I would wager that when dealers get to stocking their lots, you won't find one. What incentive does the dealer have for offering a lower cost trim with an option that is on upper trims? If a buyer wants a rear locker, the salesman is going to point you to the BD and above. They make more money. The BaseSquatch is a tremendous value. But again, dealers aren't going to stock builds that will compete with upper trims.

Last edited:

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So it's all or nothing? I don't think people are appreciating the opportunity to customize a build. While Ford can't offer a la carte options for every trim, they have done a pretty good job giving enough options.

I think people will be remiss if they don't take advantage of the reservation/build opportunity. For example, the Big Bend has an option for rear locker. But I would wager that when dealers get to stocking their lots, you won't find one. What incentive does the dealer have for offering a lower cost trim with an option that is on upper trims? If a buyer wants a rear locker, the salesman is going to point you to the BD and above. They make more money. The BaseSquatch is a tremendous value. But again, dealers aren't going to stock builds that will compete with upper trims.
I am speaking more to Top Choices or lack thereof, interior colors that match the exterior, etc.

I understand trim levels and pushing people to a more expensive trim if they want certain things but it all seems piecmeal. I mean Base is Base but BB should be able to get any options from Base, BD should be able to get any options from BB or Base, etc. etc. etc. BD interior doesn't work with all the colors due to only blue stitching, accents, at least offer a neutral.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every single car manufacturer has trim levels that offer various features. It’s an off-road purpose SUV not a luxury SUV. The Defender offers a lot more luxury choices if that’s what you want.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Agreed, it's your opportunity to actually order what you want, otherwise you will be picking off the lot without any kind of price guarantee.

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those that don't convert their order will have the opportunity to buy a Bronco that is built to dealer's specification on the dealer lot. Don't be mad when you can't get what you want from the dealer's lot.
Buyers always have the option of going into a dealership and special ordering a vehicle any way they want based on available options. That has always been the case with vehicles and I haven't read anywhere Ford is changing that with the Bronco.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe that the slide out tailgate will just be a bolt in that can be added anytime after the fact. Will not need to be ordered with the vehicle.
It slides out from underneath the floor. That's more than just a bolt.

And it does raise the floor a couple of inches that makes a more level area when the back seats are dropped down.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every single car manufacturer has trim levels that offer various features. It’s an off-road purpose SUV not a luxury SUV. The Defender offers a lot more luxury choices if that’s what you want.
The Defender is out of my price range but it’s worth going to their Build and Price to compare and contrast with the Bronco. I find the Defender interior more classy by actually doing less. Rather than try and look “fancy” it is simple and refined with function over form. Of course you pay for that!

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Defender starts at 49k and I agree with your assessment of the interior. I think the Bronco should be much more reliable as it has far less electronic processors (causing some early Defender adoptors grief). When comparing the two, Adding a V6 in the Defender vrs adding the 2.7 to the Bronco really separates the two cost wise.
Sponsored

Last edited: