Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This reminds me of a question I have always had. I reserved mine on 7/20/20, which is a few days after Ford opened up reservations. Can someone tell me what time/date the first reservations would have been placed? I think it is 7/14... For some reason I missed the rollout messages and didn't see the news of it till that weekend after (hence my week late reservation). I had basically distanced myself from news and social media this summer due to all the nonsense that was going on.
i reserved July 14th about an hour after reserving opened up. i believe i have one of the first reservations, within the first 300 or so.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds me of a question I have always had. I reserved mine on 7/20/20, which is a few days after Ford opened up reservations. Can someone tell me what time/date the first reservations would have been placed? I think it is 7/14... For some reason I missed the rollout messages and didn't see the news of it till that weekend after (hence my week late reservation). I had basically distanced myself from news and social media this summer due to all the nonsense that was going on.
I did the same thing . Stopped all social media and news cold turkey in April and missed the Bronco reveal until 7/23 . I placed the reservation as soon as I saw it though .

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i reserved July 14th about an hour after reserving opened up. i believe i have one of the first reservations, within the first 300 or so.
Reservations opened Monday, July 13, at 8 pm eastern. So there are probably a few tens of thousands of people ahead of you.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You better add at least one zero if not two to that “300” if you order an hour in.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
No need to be critical of someone who is taking a second look at their reservation when something offered at the time of reservation changes its availability afterwards.

I would hold on to your reservation and talk to the dealer at the time of ordering to get your options. I can promise it won't be the only time they hear that since many features shown at the reveal and on the reservation website were changed after to late availability (some won't be offered at all). Ford will hopefully have some options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fold Out Retractable Deck ?

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I has my FE reservation complete 22 minutes after it opened. I don't think it works like that folks. What about people in the company and VIP's there has to be a couple thousand of those.
Every manufacturer makes sure Jay Leno etc... gets theirs first. Just my 2 cents.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But can be ordered after the fact, this is all based on GVWR and keeping in the same class as the Jeep. Now what you put on afterwards is up to you.
While I do not think the addiiton of these will add significant weight, My understanding is that there is a liability issue for intentionally exceeding the legal limit. Additionally if there is a weight limit issue-as there appears to be right now as you can not even add paint protection-I do not believe Ford dealers will equip a Bronco with these accessories for the same reason. It will be frustrating if the accessory list is not available when we have to order. Knowing what accessories will be offered even if late availability and what the relationship of them is to gross weight limitations would help me decide whether I go with two or four door, engine size, etc.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Talking about the slide out (and the drop down table and security cover/molle treatment in what I believe the accessory list once fully published will call the Rear Cargo Management System), is anyone concerned that if you order a four door 2.7, these will be unavailable due to current weight restrictions?
no. Not at all.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
no. Not at all.
Maybe I am missing something but if the B/P prevents ordering headliner sound deadening, roof racks, paint protection, etc., etc, apparently because of the existing weight limit on a 4 door 2.7 SASQ what will change to suddenly allow all the other accessories?

Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservations opened Monday, July 13, at 8 pm eastern. So there are probably a few tens of thousands of people ahead of you.
can’t a brother dream...!

• Haha
Reactions: sjp

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a 4-door Badlands on 07/14/20 but I decided on Friday (11/13/20) to hold off on ordering one after I read an article in Ford Authority saying 'With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.' That is one of the features I really want, not only for the utility it provides, but also because it levels off the cargo area when the back seats are down. Without it, there is a step up from the far back to the backs of the folded down seats. That can be very uncomfortable and hard on your back when you sleep in the back of the vehicle. It's harder to load and remove cargo with a step-up in the back too. I had planned on getting the black top because I thought it would have a better contrast with my Area51 paint and I also like the removable rear side-windows that come with painted tops. I was willing to compromise on that given the molded-in gray color top was much cheaper and wouldn't get noticeably scratched when I loaded my canoe and kayaks on the roof. However, the unavailability of the slide-out tailgate was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for me.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/2021-ford-bronco-was-designed-to-double-as-a-comfy-camper/
Ford has been featuring all these cool options and accessories for overlanding and camping on their web site and YouTube videos, but it appears that many won't be available till late next year or the 2022 model. They seem to be counting on a majority of reservation owners ordering their vehicles in December or January, so they want to limit varieties they run through production, but from what I've read from other reservation holders, I expect the majority probably won't order theirs in December or January. Some will hold off till they can order the Bronco the way they want it, like me, while others have given up on the Bronco for now because they feel they can't wait till next year for a vehicle or they think they are too expensive. I'm just wondering if I can keep a place in line while waiting for Ford to manufacture Broncos with the options I want? I thought I read that Ford is willing to do that for holders of reservations for First Edition and Wildtrak models who don't want molded-in color tops.
OK. Good for you! Just remember, when they change to a 2022 my, the price is likely to go up... a lot more than it will cost you to just buy this pull-out shelf out of the Parts Counter.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good luck. I personally don't understand your decision based on an accessory, but it is yours alone to make. To answer your question on holding off, the answer is no. All reservations regardless of when they were made must convert to an order by 1.31.21. Those that don't will be cancelled and your $100 refunded.

People need to understand that the reservation process will go away. Ford will build converted orders. Those that don't convert their order will have the opportunity to buy a Bronco that is built to dealer's specification on the dealer lot. Don't be mad when you can't get what you want from the dealer's lot.
That would be a valid point if we could get what we wanted from build and price lol.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I am missing something but if the B/P prevents ordering headliner sound deadening, roof racks, paint protection, etc., etc, apparently because of the existing weight limit on a 4 door 2.7 SASQ what will change to suddenly allow all the other accessories?
They are accessories that you can add as you please. You don’t need a dealer nanny to “suddenly allow” them in build and price tool so you can put on your truck. If you want an accessory buy it and put it on.
Sponsored