Sponsored

Holdoff until an electric Bronco in 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another reason I won’t move to California.

Ford Bronco Holdoff until an electric Bronco in 2022? D4F5B416-9280-4503-A497-4DA74F5FB039
Sponsored

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either that or the other 95% of the country could stop catering to the whims of one state lol.
Just saying...

Couldn't have said it better.

Electric vehicle tech is advancing rapidly. Once someone nails a battery with real range it'll be a different story. But hell I'll be in my Jetsons flying car by then anyhow.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Couldn't have said it better.

Electric vehicle tech is advancing rapidly. Once someone nails a battery with real range it'll be a different story. But hell I'll be in my Jetsons flying car by then anyhow.
Real range and the infrastructure to charge it while out in that range.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Either that or the other 95% of the country could stop catering to the whims of one state lol.
Just saying...
LOL.
Who cares what California does?
Every time I see this logic, I sorta laugh. Until I moved here, I had no idea that California's ports, businesses, taxes, income and economy prop up the rest of the US so much. If CA were to succeed, the country would be super fucked. And everyone calls 'em a bunch of liberals and idiots with their own rules, but they're just trying to be more progressive and conscious of the rest of the world, like the countries that are smarter than us... like the aforementioned Germany, France, Japan...

"As a stand-alone country, California would be the 5th largest economy in the world."
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see this logic, I sorta laugh. Until I moved here, I had no idea that California's ports, businesses, taxes, income and economy prop up the rest of the US so much. If CA were to succeed, the country would be super fucked. And everyone calls 'em a bunch of liberals and idiots with their own rules, but they're just trying to be more progressive and conscious of the rest of the world, like the countries that are smarter than us... like the aforementioned Germany, France, Japan...

"As a stand-alone country, California would be the 5th largest economy in the world."
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
Ah, so that's why everyone is moving away...

If California were such a success, it probably wouldn't be on fire, out of water, rationing power, and begging for federal aid. Good luck charging that battery during rolling brown-outs.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this just happened:
No new gas powered cars or trucks after 2035 in CA
https://www.startribune.com/california-moves-to-end-sales-of-new-gas-powered-cars/572506811/

Given similar moves by France and Germany, as well as, a strong focus on EV in China the transition to EV there should be an Electric Bronco in 2022?
It makes more sense for cities to eventually stop allowing ICE vehicles in the city, which means hybrids would have a greater use but the entire state doesn't make sense. I think 2035 isn't long enough time for the manufactures to develop EVs that hit some of the biggest concerns with EVs. Range, price, charging networks to name the biggest ones. I think it's not realistic for that sort of time frame and from most of the population in CA.

A hybrid will come before a full electric, especially with Jeep just getting to a hybrid Wrangler now and not fully electric.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this just happened:
No new gas powered cars or trucks after 2035 in CA
https://www.startribune.com/california-moves-to-end-sales-of-new-gas-powered-cars/572506811/

Given similar moves by France and Germany, as well as, a strong focus on EV in China the transition to EV there should be an Electric Bronco in 2022?
I swear I love how NJ is the armpit of America... Problem is everyone forgets we're the right armpit, seems California is the left ?

And I'm not afraid to say it, you Californians are weird... Tree hugging hippies ?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems to me that extra weight of a battery under the vehicle, plus whatever metal they would need to protect the battery from rupture would not make an electric Bronco a good off road capable vehicle.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ah, so that's why everyone is moving away...

If California were such a success, it probably wouldn't be on fire, out of water, rationing power, and begging for federal aid. Good luck charging that battery during rolling brown-outs.
I mean, the numbers don't lie... your opinions are just that. It's not like the entire state of California can fight its climate/weather.

But mandating electrics vehicles to slow emission gasses to slow global warming to reverse climate change to decrease wildfires/drought...

It's almost as if we know what we're talking about. I'm absolutely dying at your lack of ability to see how you painted yourself into this corner.

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, the numbers don't lie... your opinions are just that. It's not like the entire state of California can fight its climate/weather.

But mandating electrics vehicles to slow emission gasses to slow global warming to reverse climate change to decrease wildfires/drought...

It's almost as if we know what we're talking about. I'm absolutely dying at your lack of ability to see how you painted yourself into this corner.
Hmmmm. So, the fact that everything is going so badly is actually evidence that California is right and ahead of "the rest of us". Interesting...

And the preeminent developer and manufacturer of electric cars, Tesla, choosing to leave California for Texas? Is this more evidence of how great things are going out there?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mandating electric vehicles is authoritarian and would be enforced by fascism; two things the vocal majority of Californians denounce yet support if it goes in their favor. Also, let's just forget the child labor for cobalt, etc. yeah?

A significant portion of California's drought issue is the ridiculous number of people living in a state with a lot of desert producing about a third of the nations crops.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mandating electric vehicles is authoritarian and would be enforced by fascism; two things the vocal majority of Californians denounce yet support if it goes in their favor. Also, let's just forget the child labor for cobalt, etc. yeah?

A significant portion of California's drought issue is the ridiculous number of people living in a state with a lot of desert producing about a third of the nations crops.
I love how all these people who don't live in California are experts to its issues. Have you been here? Yeah, there's a lot of people in the cities. But the state is massive. And a lot of inhabited area. And your argument only backs my point: if we're producing a third of the nation's crops, I'd say that's a success you can't live without, eh? So to say, "Who cares what California thinks?" Well, you should. Because you need California.

And I'm not here to argue politics. I'm not supporting the cobalt mining or child labor. But that doesn't effect the state in its climate woes.

Finally, back to the point: mandating electric vehicles is no different than this equation: Can we make a product that does the same thing with less of a detriment to the planet or the human race? Yes. It's no different than removing cocaine from Coca-Cola and replacing it with a fuckton of sugar and caffeine.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model