Sponsored

Holdoff until an electric Bronco in 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how all these people who don't live in California are experts to its issues. Have you been here? Yeah, there's a lot of people in the cities. But the state is massive. And a lot of inhabited area. And your argument only backs my point: if we're producing a third of the nation's crops, I'd say that's a success you can't live without, eh? So to say, "Who cares what California thinks?" Well, you should. Because you need California.

And I'm not here to argue politics. I'm not supporting the cobalt mining or child labor. But that doesn't effect the state in its climate woes.

Finally, back to the point: mandating electric vehicles is no different than this equation: Can we make a product that does the same thing with less of a detriment to the planet or the human race? Yes. It's no different than removing cocaine from Coca-Cola and replacing it with a fuckton of sugar and caffeine.
If Newsum is going to mandate all new vehicles be electric by 2035 then he has 15 years to get our grid ready for the power drain, it takes that long to get permitted for a new dam in this state, why we haven't had one in so long, and build up the water storage situation, but the Sierra Club won't allow any. We are having rolling blackouts now, and it will only get worse. <down off soap box>
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see this logic, I sorta laugh. Until I moved here, I had no idea that California's ports, businesses, taxes, income and economy prop up the rest of the US so much. If CA were to succeed, the country would be super fucked. And everyone calls 'em a bunch of liberals and idiots with their own rules, but they're just trying to be more progressive and conscious of the rest of the world, like the countries that are smarter than us... like the aforementioned Germany, France, Japan...

"As a stand-alone country, California would be the 5th largest economy in the world."
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this just happened:
No new gas powered cars or trucks after 2035 in CA
https://www.startribune.com/california-moves-to-end-sales-of-new-gas-powered-cars/572506811/

Given similar moves by France and Germany, as well as, a strong focus on EV in China the transition to EV there should be an Electric Bronco in 2022?
California is the land of crazies..they have no electricity ..they have zero intelligence.

Electric battery based vehicles are not the future..Japan is going full blown hydrogen cell.

Nobody normal wants to wait 45 min to charge or 40 or 30 or 20 or 10..unless they get it to 5 min or less I will never buy an electric only car

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I see this logic, I sorta laugh. Until I moved here, I had no idea that California's ports, businesses, taxes, income and economy prop up the rest of the US so much. If CA were to succeed, the country would be super fucked. And everyone calls 'em a bunch of liberals and idiots with their own rules, but they're just trying to be more progressive and conscious of the rest of the world, like the countries that are smarter than us... like the aforementioned Germany, France, Japan...

"As a stand-alone country, California would be the 5th largest economy in the world."
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
Why do so many Californians live in Colorado now than?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because it's cheaper.

Economy doesn't mean the cost of living isn't outrageous.
I just finished building 3-5 million dollar condos in downtown Denver, it’s not cheap to live in Colorado anymore, we have Californians to thank for that. If there was a way to make California cheaper so they would all go away to your glorious wonderland, I definitely would.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a chemist, environmentalist, and most importantly a RATIONAL human; both side are correct with some things and wrong with others. The laws of thermal dynamics will never be broken. There will always be a negative aspect to anything we create or choose to do. We just need to choose which is the least detrimental and look at all variables. Realistically we will never leave this solar system, so Earth is all we have.

California is trying to be progressive, I commend some but also scratch my head at others. I think Californians need to lose their arrogance. While others need to stop attacking them and dismissing. Each state has its own issues. This topic is becoming a little personal and it may be best we focus more on the original question at hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lainez

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Electric definitely feels like the future. But we're still 10-15 years out. A California mandate (that is likely to get overturned before its even in place) isn't going to have an affect on the rest of the country.

Also I remember reading somewhere, maybe popular mechanics, that our grid infrastructure can't handle everyone with an electric car. But this was a few years ago. Then again, government municipality spending has never been known for wise investments.
All new houses after 2020 will have solar. It’s getting cheaper every day to add storage. New inverters are starting to integrate EV charging capability from the get go so the additional load on the grid should not be as great as first perceived.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is California gonna get ALL this electricity from?! Coal??? Oil??? Natural Gas??? Certainly not from solar and windmills. They already have rolling blackouts now! Are you going to have to choose between heating and cooling your home or driving to work!? He's being recalled, posturing for a 2024 presidential run and making preposterous executive orders. If the rest of the country decides to transition to green electric before the green generation technology is "viable", prepare yourself for mass public transportation and prepare your Bronco(Gas or Electric) for prolonged garage storage.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.