First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been lucky enough to get the call from the dealer just shy of 9 months after ordering. I removed just about any constraint on my order except for the hard top, which I was not willing to forego. I am also happy to get the slide out tailgate in my BD, which I think will be a great feature.

The funny thing is that I had resigned myself to slow playing this as the used car market is coming back down in my area. A little background: I owned an loved a 99 T4R with 265k on the clock and told myself I would drive it until the wheels fell off. Well, Frame rust almost made that true as the rear axle started wagging around after hitting a bump on the interstate. Frame started to crumble in the rear. At that time, a used 4runner with 60k miles on it was going for nearly $60k. I placed an order for a Bronco at MSRP, which I was quite excited about and had a loaner vehicle from a family member, so I was fortunate enough to have the luxury of time.

Well, I got tired of the beater and a few weeks ago started looking back into the pre-owned market, which has come back down in my area. My father decided he wanted to trade his 2016 4runner limited in to get a truck and offered it to me for a song of a deal. While it was a limited, which is more of a luxury vehicle than anything and not really my style, I decided that the deal was too good to pass up and I would have a generous trade in, at the least.

Literally one day after shaking on the deal for the 4runner (Wednesday 7/27/22), I get the call from the dealer with my VIN and notification that I am scheduled with an estimated arrival of 3rd week of Sept. (still not sure if this is build week or est delivery)

I have added the vehicle to Fordpass and tracked via other resources, which haven't updated from ORDER CONFIRMED, but I haven't been able to get to that stage ever before.

The question is: what is the best way to track and find my scheduling, etc? All posts about scheduling for the last few weeks have been that there will be none, so this was a surprise. Though, after being initially laid back about the call since I was driving the vehicle I had just procured, I am now getting excited again, about 24 hours later. I just hope she doesn't end up on some mountain as we should be taking delivery with a month of warm(ish) weather left in VA.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations! 🥂

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question is: what is the best way to track and find my scheduling, etc? All posts about scheduling for the last few weeks have been that there will be none, so this was a surprise. Though, after being initially laid back about the call since I was driving the vehicle I had just procured, I am now getting excited again, about 24 hours later. I just hope she doesn't end up on some mountain as we should be taking delivery with a month of warm(ish) weather left in VA.
You have a couple of ways to do your own tracking.
1) Ask the dealership for the VIN number and their 4 character WBDO number. You can use the shop Ford tracker with this information. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

2) I assume you don't have an eight digit reservation number since you placed this as a dealer order. If you do you have an 8 digit order/reservation number the you can use this info with the "Backdoor tracker" when logged onto Ford.com account to find your vehicle there. https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxxx Where the x's are your 8 digit reservation/order number.

OP
OP
DCtoobs42

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have a couple of ways to do your own tracking.
1) Ask the dealership for the VIN number and their 4 character WBDO number. You can use the shop Ford tracker with this information. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

2) I assume you don't have an eight digit reservation number since you placed this as a dealer order. If you do you have an 8 digit order/reservation number the you can use this info with the "Backdoor tracker" when logged onto Ford.com account to find your vehicle there. https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxxx Where the x's are your 8 digit reservation/order number.
Dealer did text the 4 digit code and the VIN. When I tracked that on Fordpass app, it was able to add it to my garage, and the tracking simply stated ORDER CONFIRMED. But it did recognize the VIN which is a step further than ever before.

No reservation # so cannot use the backdoor tracker.

ordertrack.app comes up with a error on most info, but does say that my order has been in the current status for 1 day.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer did text the 4 digit code and the VIN. When I tracked that on Fordpass app, it was able to add it to my garage, and the tracking simply stated ORDER CONFIRMED. But it did recognize the VIN which is a step further than ever before.

ordertrack.app comes up with a error on most info, but does say that my order has been in the current status for 1 day.
From what I understand, as a walk in order, once you receive the VIN, you won't see an update on the pizza tracker until it actually goes into production. I'm in the same boat as you!

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until you're about 1 week out from your scheduled date, you won't have anything listed for "Scheduled for Production" on any of the Ford trackers. Your dealer was nice enough to let you know way in advance. You can chat with Ford and they will likely be able to give you your specific build week. Just know that there's a chance it will change.

Last edited:

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

One caveat about the Shop Ford VIN tracking app is that it can be very flaky. Like one day you check it and it works the next, it doesn't seem to be working. Clearing the cache on your browser will sometimes bring it back to life. Here is the Canadian version of the same tracker. I find that sometimes I will get results with one over the other.

https://shop.ford.ca/vehicleordertracking

About two weeks before your build date the window sticker will be published. You can see it here: https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Last edited:

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't seen that they've scheduled that far out (based on postings here). I thought they were only to the week of 9/5. And there was NO SCHEDULING the week of 7/25. What's up with that?
Ford Bronco Holy Crap... I got THE call. Now what? 294866477_1212055859637951_8513399613669705072_

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't seen that they've scheduled that far out (based on postings here). I thought they were only to the week of 9/5. And there was NO SCHEDULING the week of 7/25. What's up with that?
Ford Bronco Holy Crap... I got THE call. Now what? 294866477_1212055859637951_8513399613669705072_
That only means they are not scheduling for future production that week; it does not mean that they are not building Broncos that week. Two different things.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That only means they are not scheduling for future production that week; it does not mean that they are not building Broncos that week. Two different things.
Right, but he said he got 'the call' this week for a scheduled date in the third week of September. Ford hasn't scheduled the third week of September yet. And, if there's no scheduling this week why would you get a call this week? The last week that was scheduled was 9/5.
Ford Bronco Holy Crap... I got THE call. Now what? 287135504_451493293536217_6223951027308183346_

I'm just waiting on my Bronco like everyone else - just trying to figure out what's going on...

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCtoobs42

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right, but he said he got 'the call' this week for a scheduled date in the third week of September. Ford hasn't scheduled the third week of September yet. And, if there's no scheduling this week why would you get a call this week? The last week that was scheduled was 9/5.
Ford Bronco Holy Crap... I got THE call. Now what? 287135504_451493293536217_6223951027308183346_

I'm just waiting on my Bronco like everyone else - just trying to figure out what's going on...
I thought he told me the expected delivery was late Sept. This could very well be an assumption. My dealership has been honest for the entire journey, especially when they were making assumptions. I would take a gander that I may be scheduled for the week of 9/5 and then the third week of Sept is the projected arrival at the dealer.

Either way, I know this can change and likely will. But this is literally the first bit of news since ordering in early December '21. At that time, when asked on delivery lead time, they said they took a total shot in the dark and guessed 9-12 months. Whether they're good or this is a coincidence, this could very well fall within that window.

I think the lesson we should all take from this is that the moment you get tired of waiting and buy another vehicle, you get scheduled... That's sound logic, right?!?!

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought he told me the expected delivery was late Sept. This could very well be an assumption. My dealership has been honest for the entire journey, especially when they were making assumptions. I would take a gander that I may be scheduled for the week of 9/5 and then the third week of Sept is the projected arrival at the dealer.

Either way, I know this can change and likely will. But this is literally the first bit of news since ordering in early December '21. At that time, when asked on delivery lead time, they said they took a total shot in the dark and guessed 9-12 months. Whether they're good or this is a coincidence, this could very well fall within that window.

I think the lesson we should all take from this is that the moment you get tired of waiting and buy another vehicle, you get scheduled... That's sound logic, right?!?!
Ah, that explains it! So, you've got a build week sometime in August or early September... I was about to call my dealer and ask what was up. Did you get your email from Ford (those typically go out on Tuesday)?

OP
OP
DCtoobs42

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah, that explains it! So, you've got a build week sometime in August or early September... I was about to call my dealer and ask what was up. Did you get your email from Ford (those typically go out on Tuesday)?
No email, but I haven’t gotten a single email in the entire process unless it was directly from the dealer. Fomoco has sent neither myself nor my partner, who is also named on the order, anything.
Sponsored