Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Bronco6g

This is my first time posting here as I just picked up my 2023 Big Bend about a month ago- so if you have any suggestions on how to post better, please let me know. I have a few other items that Ive been working on and will post shortly.

One area that I struggled was the lack of homelink and I hated having my garage button laying around or clipped to my visor- maybe its just me, but it drove me nuts.

I saw some forum options out there, one using a battery operated rearview mirror but I didnt want to loose my mirror autodim.

In researching more, mostly on eBay, I decided to take a gamble ($35) and buy a used homelink mirror from a 2013-2019 Ford Taurus- hoping that Ford kept some commonality between vehicles.

This upgrade is not a direct plug and play option and it took quite a bit of trial and error to get it right.

So if you are handy with tools and dont mind trying things out, this upgrade is for you.

Ill get right to it.

I first removed the original visor to see what I was working with. Here are a few quick pictures of that process.

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos FactoryVisor1

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos FactoryVisor2

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos FactoryVisor4

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos FactoryVisor5

I then purchased a used visor from a 2013-2019 Ford Taurus from eBay.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos eBay

Next I designed an adapter plate that would replicate the factor visor to vehicle attachment but would allow the Taurus visor to also screw into.
This was a lot of trial and error with my 3D printer, but overall it came out fitting nicely.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos Bronco-Visor Adapter1

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos Bronco-Visor Adapter2

I then 3D printed the part, this took about 8 iterations to get right and the image Im showing below is actually iteration7. I updated a few more things to make the print better. Im new to 3D printing so still a lot to learn here. I made recesses for the hex nuts so they would lightly press into the adapter and sit flush.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos IMG_4293.JPG

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos IMG_4295.JPG

Next was to un-pin the factory visor connector. This was pretty straight forward where you unhinge the access cover then depress the tang with a small screwdriver.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos FactoryVisor7

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos FactoryVisor8

Then unpin the Taurus connector. This was more tricky. It did require opening the access cover but to remove the pin you had to enter into the connector socket end and pry up a small plastic tab inside the connector. I tried taking a picture.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor2

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor3

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor4

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor5

Now the fun part- assembly. First was to insert the Taurus pins into the Factory Bronco connector removed earlier. Before directly inserting the pins, the pins required a slight modification by removing the wire retention portion of each pin- see below images.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor6

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor7

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor8

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor9

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisorq0

I then modified my 6-32 screws to about 5-nut lengths and installed the 3D printed adapter onto the Bronco, then attached the electrical of the Bronco to the modified Taurus visor, then screwed the Taurus visor to the adapter. I got a little excited during this part and took no pictures. Ill update with pictures if I ever remove it.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos ReplacementVisor11

Here is the final install. The Taurus visors are not hard plastic like the Bronco visors, they are cloth. Ive only installed the driver side but may keep an eye out for an inexpensive passenger side visor and do the same.

If there is any interest in the adapter feel free to PM me and I can provide the STL or gcode or at a minimal cost I could print you one.
If anyone does attempt this and runs into trouble, dont hesitate to ask.
Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos Installed

thanks
Brian
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

c72k

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! Got my Bronco delivered today and was looking into way to add one. May give this a shot

OP
OP

Basket2023

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice work. As soon as I got to the section where you designed an adapter plate with a 3D printer, I knew my non handy self needed to check out. 🤪🤪🤪
Thanks! I do think there is a possibility to use self tapping screws into the vehicle although I can’t confirm. I wanted to make it fully removable and no vehicle mods. If you are interested I can print an adapter for a small cost. Now that the design is done it’s just a matter of printing and shipping.
thanks again.

Sponsored

Mojo31

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Link to product please
For a Red Raider fan? Nope, no way, no how!

🤟🏼 or A&M or the Ponies or Frogs, for sure, but Raiders?

😜

Here is the part -

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos 745CB1B1-29E5-4F2C-8510-A114D02EB5F2

You order from a local dealer or one of the Ford OEM parts sources. I can’t recall which online source I used. I just Googled the part number to find a place that had it in stock.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

😜

Here is the part -

Ford Bronco Homelink Integrated in Sun Visor - DIY install & photos 745CB1B1-29E5-4F2C-8510-A114D02EB5F2

You order from a local dealer or one of the Ford OEM parts sources. I can’t recall which online source I used. I just Googled the part number to find a place that had it in stock.
Thanks! And WRECK EM‼👆🔥

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just bought a new one. Unscrewed one screw. Plugged in new visor, and screwed it on. Done in 5 minutes.
Just the thread I was looking for. My local dealer told me today the mirror visor with Homelink is not a plug and play but y’all seem to have some luck. @Mojo31 Did you have to mess with any fuses? I have a Raptor fwiw.

Thanks and Wreck Em!!

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BTHO…. All y’all! Whoop!

Mojo31

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just the thread I was looking for. My local dealer told me today the mirror visor with Homelink is not a plug and play but y’all seem to have some luck. @Mojo31 Did you have to mess with any fuses? I have a Raptor fwiw.

Thanks and Wreck Em!!
Can't tell you anything about a Raptor, but on my Bronc with the lighted visor it was plug and play. No fuse issue or Forscan changes necessary.

I literally -

- popped the cover
- removed one screw
- pulled the visor out of the "headliner"
- unplugged the visor
- plugged in the new visor with Homelink
- screwed it back in
- popped the cover back on

Easy/peasy

I support the "Whoop!", "Hook 'Em!", "Riff, Ram, Bah, Zoo", and the Pony Battle Cry. The wreckage can stay in Lubbock. :cool:

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't tell you anything about a Raptor, but on my Bronc with the lighted visor it was plug and play. No fuse issue or Forscan changes necessary.

I literally -

- popped the cover
- removed one screw
- pulled the visor out of the "headliner"
- unplugged the visor
- plugged in the new visor with Homelink
- screwed it back in
- popped the cover back on

Easy/peasy

I support the "Whoop!", "Hook 'Em!", "Riff, Ram, Bah, Zoo", and the Pony Battle Cry. The wreckage can stay in Lubbock. :cool:
HOOK EM! I can attest that it is an easy plug n play switch. I swapped out the visor the 1st day I had it home. The visor definitely was pricey but worth it to me not to have a separate remote or screw around with a DIY.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😜

Here is the part -

Looks like a great idea and mod until you see the price! Now I understand why the OP made one fit.

😬

Mojo31

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like a great idea and mod until you see the price! Now I understand why the OP made one fit.

😬
It's a little pricey, but not so much (to me at least) that I would spend the time and money trying to craft one.
Sponsored