Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well you’re wearing gloves now right? 😂😂😂. Back then nobody considered gloves. Your buddy was bleeding out, save his damned life! Sorry, old vet coming through.
In a perfect world yes, but if shit hits the fan and the closest kit is like 10 frames forward and 2 decks up, guess what I'm doing? Lol

But for these kits, sharpie and gloves it is.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My swing-gate set up. I've got my trauma stuff in one bag (CPR mask, trauma dressings, tourniquet) and my first aid stuff in the other. Plus some assorted lights and tools.

Tailgate.jpg

OP
OP
Its Brawnco

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My swing-gate set up. I've got my trauma stuff in one bag (CPR mask, trauma dressings, tourniquet) and my first aid stuff in the other. Plus some assorted lights and tools.

Ford Bronco Homemade First Aid Kit Tailgate
Nice looking setup. I like the idea of having trauma supplies separate from the first aid kit but don't want to give up that molle space quite yet. Maybe if I get the BuiltRight cargo area molle panels.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got my email certificate years ago just because we were all doing crazy stuff and getting hurt too
Good well stocked kit is number 1 ,number 2 was a lifeflight subscription, they get spendy fast.

Sponsored

Ditch Lock

Base
First Name
Ditch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would flip that Lum stick around. You don't want the 1st Sgt chasing you down and shoving it down your throat! lol
Don't forget the knife hand.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to throw some stuff around as someone who works in the medical field:

1) Modern tournequets have a big white tag that says "Time:____" so please keep the blood/sharpies away from the patients face and put it on the tag. Also, when applied correctly the patient will forget all about their wound and start cussing you for it being "too tight". Invest in quality CATs and make sure it has a metal windlass, I've had plastic break off when applying before.

2) If you've never used an Isreali bandage, get a couple of them and actually take one out of the package and play with it to understand how it works. And it should be on the line between uncomfortable and painful when applied correctly.

3) Unless you are truly in the middle of nowhere and rescue will take a while, please, don't use Quikclot. Just apply pressure. It has to be cleaned out very thoroughly before surgery can start. Not worth it if medical help isn't hours away.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) Modern tournequets have a big white tag that says "Time:____" so please keep the blood/sharpies away from the patients face and put it on the tag.
Nah

Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3) Unless you are truly in the middle of nowhere and rescue will take a while, please, don't use Quikclot. Just apply pressure. It has to be cleaned out very thoroughly before surgery can start. Not worth it if medical help isn't hours away.
QuikClot hasn’t been made that way in about 12 years. It isn’t pellets/granules anymore, it’s an impregnated gauze. It can and should absolutely (and extremely easily!) be used in a bleeding scenario, there is zero cleanup.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

QuikClot hasn’t been made that way in about 12 years. It isn’t pellets/granules anymore, it’s an impregnated gauze. It can and should absolutely (and extremely easily!) be used in a bleeding scenario, there is zero cleanup.
Yes, the gauze is fine. However, there are still companies that sell a "Quikclot" product that is still powder and is cheaper than the gauze, so people who don't know what they're doing will go with the cheaper product. I've even seen people with clotting powder they picked up at Petsmart in their bag. Will it work on humans as intended? Absolutely... but wtf lol

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the gauze is fine. However, there are still companies that sell a "Quikclot" product that is still powder and is cheaper than the gauze, so people who don't know what they're doing will go with the cheaper product. I've even seen people with clotting powder they picked up at Petsmart in their bag. Will it work on humans as intended? Absolutely... but wtf lol
As someone close in the industry I can assure you no “QuikClot” product is still sold in powder form and the last of it is at least 5+ years expired at this point. QuikClot is a name brand, so I can’t speak for any other hemostats out there, but if you have QuikClot brand you have good, safe stuff. Highly recommend. Have had some in my vehicle for years and I don’t travel without it.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone close in the industry I can assure you no “QuikClot” product is still sold in powder form and the last of it is at least 5+ years expired at this point. QuikClot is a name brand, so I can’t speak for any other hemostats out there, but if you have QuikClot brand you have good, safe stuff. Highly recommend. Have had some in my vehicle for years and I don’t travel without it.
I put "quikclot" in quotes because it's easier for most people to understand than saying "hemostatic agent". There are several companies that still sell it.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks, don't be fooled . . . a well organized, fully stocked First Aid Kit will be of little value if you don't take quality time to understand basic First Aid treatment techniques. A few have posted in this thread similar thoughts, but it cannot be stressed enough. It is clear that some who have posted here are very experienced and would know what to do, but probably the average B6G poster has no medical background or knowledge of basic First Aid techniques. Therefore I would argue that a good First Aid instructional book is as important as the First Aid Kit itself. Here is a recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/ACEP-First-Manual-Step-Step/dp/1465419500

Tip: Read and be at least lightly familiar with the material when you first get the book, then keep it under a seat or in a permanent storage spot in your Bronco. Don't wait until there is an injury or other medical emergency to open the book for the first time. 😕

First AId Manual.PNG
Sponsored