Sponsored

Hood Ajar alarm disable in Forscan - can it be done?

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Searched the forums but didn't see anybody bring up if you're able to turn off the hood ajar alarm in forscan? Have had the alarm go off multiple times and instead of going to dealer to try and get a new latch and it happening again, seeing if it has an option in forscan to just disable it completely. I've tried lowering my hood stops to no avail.
Sponsored

mayer7196

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Searched the forums but didn't see anybody bring up if you're able to turn off the hood ajar alarm in forscan? Have had the alarm go off multiple times and instead of going to dealer to try and get a new latch and it happening again, seeing if it has an option in forscan to just disable it completely. I've tried lowering my hood stops to no avail.
I don't know about Forscan but someone shared the schematics of the switch, just unplug it i guess??

Ford Bronco Hood Ajar alarm disable in Forscan - can it be done? 1678561125543

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know about Forscan but someone shared the schematics of the switch, just unplug it i guess??

Ford Bronco Hood Ajar alarm disable in Forscan - can it be done? 1678561125543
If you just unplug it, the hood ajar warning will be constant.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 8 months ago I was driving down one of the local roads and came upon a Bronco Sport with the hood slammed up against the windshield frame, glass everywhere, dented metal..

The latch had failed when the lady was doing about 45. Destroyed the entire hood and front of the vehicle. My guess is the vehicle was pretty close to being totaled from how much work would go into the repair plus the scarcity of parts.

I was able to force the hood back down, get her off the main road and on to a side road to wait for road side assistance.. She had the vehicle for maybe 2 weeks at this point. Still had the temporary plate.

I guess the point of this little story is to be careful with the hood latch. It's one of those things that never seems like a big deal until it is.

There is likely an option in FORSCAN to disable the chime, but just disconnecting the sensor is very likely just going to leave a check engine light constant or throw some DTC errors in whatever module controls the sensor.

mayer7196

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About 8 months ago I was driving down one of the local roads and came upon a Bronco Sport with the hood slammed up against the windshield frame, glass everywhere, dented metal..

The latch had failed when the lady was doing about 45. Destroyed the entire hood and front of the vehicle. My guess is the vehicle was pretty close to being totaled from how much work would go into the repair plus the scarcity of parts.

I was able to force the hood back down, get her off the main road and on to a side road to wait for road side assistance.. She had the vehicle for maybe 2 weeks at this point. Still had the temporary plate.

I guess the point of this little story is to be careful with the hood latch. It's one of those things that never seems like a big deal until it is.

There is likely an option in FORSCAN to disable the chime, but just disconnecting the sensor is very likely just going to leave a check engine light constant or throw some DTC errors in whatever module controls the sensor.
It's a known issue where the sensor is the issue. When you take it to the dealer and the part is on backorder, they unplug the sensor so you don't have error codes displayed until the part comes in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
spiG

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I unplugged mine and jumped it so no hood ajar messages as it always thinks it’s closed. I’d much rather it be plugged in with just the alarm disabled so it doesn’t randomly go off.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reviving this. Anyone find this in forscan? I'd rather do it in software if possible.

BLafferty

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Chevy Black Widow, 22 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My WildTrak has had this issue for the last 6 months. I would get random alarms while driving but the worst would be when it would come in in the middle of the night when either at home or a hotel. It's no fun having a hotel worker pounding on your door in the middle of the night because it's going off and the police are outside waiting on you as well. This is the quickest, easiest way to eliminate the random hood alarms. I removed the plastic guard above the switch, popped the grill off, stripped the outer jacket back about an inch, then used this quick-splice to jumper the wires out. Issue solved.
Ford Bronco Hood Ajar alarm disable in Forscan - can it be done? 1
Ford Bronco Hood Ajar alarm disable in Forscan - can it be done? 2
Sponsored