Sponsored

Hood ajar notification while driving down the road?

EastTxRoots

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received my Bronco (Badlands, SAS) on November 19th and have loved it, so far. I haven't had any major problems, however, on 2 separate occasions today I received a sudden "Hood Ajar" notification while driving down the road. Both times I have opened the hood and shut it, which initially clears the warning. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, any suggestions on how to remedy the issue on my own? Many thanks!
Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can see my hood flutter slightly sometimes. My guess is you need to take it to dealer and have them adjust the hood and/or sensor position.

OP
OP
EastTxRoots

EastTxRoots

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see my hood flutter slightly sometimes. My guess is you need to take it to dealer and have them adjust the hood and/or sensor position.
Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct in suggesting I have it checked out by the dealership. I've never noticed my hood flutter and the "Hood Ajar" notification is happening even while driving only 30mph. Probably just something wrong with the sensor.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just received my Bronco (Badlands, SAS) on November 19th and have loved it, so far. I haven't had any major problems, however, on 2 separate occasions today I received a sudden "Hood Ajar" notification while driving down the road. Both times I have opened the hood and shut it, which initially clears the warning. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, any suggestions on how to remedy the issue on my own? Many thanks!
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having the same issue at 1,500 miles. It's happened before today. Today, its about -5 degrees here in Denver and it's happening a bunch. I was hoping to wait until I needed my first oil change to get it fixed.

Did you get a resolution?

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Happened once on My BRaptor while driving. I opened and shut the hood a few times and has not happened again. I am sure your dealer will probably say, "Can't replicate". Come back when it does is again and don't clear the code. Let us know how it works out.

Mjasinski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape, 22 Bronco 4dr, 00 Focus ZX3 JRSC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had the same issue. My alarm actually went off while at dinner last week for hood “detached hood opening”. I need to get it in and at least document.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm having the same issue at 1,500 miles. It's happened before today. Today, its about -5 degrees here in Denver and it's happening a bunch. I was hoping to wait until I needed my first oil change to get it fixed.

Did you get a resolution?
Hi there! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info. I’ll look into this concern for you. Thanks!

Lee B

Big Bend
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We were at a Home Depot Checking out at the garden center when I heard the horn on my bronco go off. I assumed I had hit the panic button. We go in the Bronco, and I noticed when I went to start it the first time it didn't. When I did start it the hood open displaced on the dash. I could see the hood was closed so I drove it a short distance to see if it would go off well it didn't. So, I stopped opened the hood and shut it hoping it would fix the problem but nope. Drove it home about halfway home the light did go off. Then I recalled it was a little cold that morning, so I tried the remote start but when I got out to the Bronce it hadn't started. I think it trigged the hood open warning. Yes, I did test that a couple of times and keep doing the same thing. It's at the dealership waiting to get looked at

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We were at a Home Depot Checking out at the garden center when I heard the horn on my bronco go off. I assumed I had hit the panic button. We go in the Bronco, and I noticed when I went to start it the first time it didn't. When I did start it the hood open displaced on the dash. I could see the hood was closed so I drove it a short distance to see if it would go off well it didn't. So, I stopped opened the hood and shut it hoping it would fix the problem but nope. Drove it home about halfway home the light did go off. Then I recalled it was a little cold that morning, so I tried the remote start but when I got out to the Bronce it hadn't started. I think it trigged the hood open warning. Yes, I did test that a couple of times and keep doing the same thing. It's at the dealership waiting to get looked at
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This has happened a couple of time now while driving, and twice today while shopping, setting off the alarm and sending me a message. 31 degrees out. Cycling hood didn’t clear initially on 2 occurrences.

BC5EC235-B386-4E45-BFE0-AC7C305C10BF.jpeg

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few weeks ago I had parked it using valet, when I picked it up a couple hours later the attendant told me the alarm went off a few times while it was just sitting there. looking at the error messages it was due to hood detached or opened. Since then my alarm has gone off a few times but I just assumed I bumped the button on my keys as they were in my pocket. Yesterday however it went off again but my keys were not in a place where the button could be accidentally pressed and the alarm went off multiple times. When I returned to the vehicle to drive home there was a hood ajar error, I opened and shut it multiple times but the error would not go away. I drove it home with the car dinging at me telling me to pull over and shut the hood... I made it home, opened and shut it a few more times and it eventually stopped and cleared the error... I think it's time to take it in for a checkup... Sounds like this might be an issue many of us are having. I've had mine since mid November.

p18303

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue on my 2022 Badlands 2 door which is 2 months old. One month into my ownership, driving down the highway I get an alert saying my hood is ajar. Funny, because I hadn't even opened my hood since I picked up the new car 3-4 weeks prior. Looked closed, but I opened and closed it, and it seemed to go away. Yesterday evening, the car alarm went off in my garage for no apparent reason. I shut it off right away, and I did not receive any notifications on my phone / app. I am wondering if it is the darn hood sensor. Not sure if bringing it in to the dealership will help, as I am positive the response will be the typical "we couldn't replicate the problem", which they did for 2 other issues with the Bronco.

SAS OBX SOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The issue has popped up for me as well. Anybody have luck resolving it at the dealer or on your own?

1673368614942.png
Sponsored