First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the I, don’t like the look of the bump on the II. I just want to prevent chips on the front of the hood.
Of course wouldn’t have stopped the deer I hit last night.

5C6F2F0E-D642-4306-9F76-33A51B579143.jpeg
Wow, I hope you’re doing okay.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the aeroskin 2 and have zero complaints and no window chips

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the I, don’t like the look of the bump on the II. I just want to prevent chips on the front of the hood.
Of course wouldn’t have stopped the deer I hit last night.

5C6F2F0E-D642-4306-9F76-33A51B579143.jpeg
Sorry to see that. Hope it gets fixed up quickly

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I for one do not understand how anyone could think a hood deflector could stop a rock from hitting your windshield. Maybe a bug, maybe. The deflector will protect the leading edge of the hood and that’s why there’s one on mine.

Ford Bronco Hood Deflector - Aeroskin or Aeroskin II 2FF3473C-DFFC-459C-B3A6-743507D0C659

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just installed mine this morning. Wow - looks awesome on Carb Gray. Now I just need some Carb Gray Bronco lettering for the grille.
I mostly did this for aesthetics. But if it helps even a little with either bugs or stones, that's a plus. I've already got one chip in the 'shield - which I'm doing nothing about unless it grows (which it hasn't ever since it happened many months ago).
One piece of advice. I normally don't follow directions too well. And when I saw the directions for this, I thought someone took a 3-step process and made it into 9 steps. I was going to remove all the tape backing all-at-once, position it, and stick it down. But you'll find you'll need to position it, lift it off, re-position it, lift it off, re-position it, etc, etc, till you get it right. (It's actually more challenging getting the Left-Right positioning correct than the Front-Back.) Had I removed ALL the tape backing at the outset, that'd be impossible, and I'd most-likely end up with an ill-fitting deflector.
Another thing: the 2 or 4 alcohol pads that are included are probably nowhere near enough to clean the square footage of the hood front. Get a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some gauze or a clean rag to do the job.
BTW: I got mine off the Ford Acc website, and it arrived within about a week.

Ford Bronco Hood Deflector - Aeroskin or Aeroskin II 1689514258841

Sponsored

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After around eleventy billion rock chips in the last year and clearing out most of the bugs from our local highways I'm ready to buy a hood deflector.

Anyone have experience with or know the pros\cons between the "Aeroskin" and the "Aeroskin II"?

Aeroskin: https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-aeroskin-black-smoke-hood-deflector
Aeroskin II: https://accessories.ford.com/produc...-ii-black-textured-trail-armor-hood-deflector
I had the Aeroskin II on my OBX Sas and have the same product through Ford parts for my OBX non-Sas. The bump deflects the bugs and other light stuff up high on the wind shield, very acceptable results. I do not know of anything that will deflect the rocks though other than a bullet proof windshield.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The II’s were the very first accessories my wife and I put on our broncos. Mainly for rock chip protection on the hood, any bug or stone deflection is just a bonus. I drive a lot of gravel roads and chip sealed roads and rock chipped windshields are just inevitable.
Sponsored