First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up my BB late December with the OCD checklist in hand. I had noticed two hood dents and documented them with the dealer prior to finalizing paperwork. The dealer has had trouble getting a response from Ford on how they would like them to repair the dents. He called today to ask me to bring my bronco in to run to their local body shop to get a quote on a repair. He is also going to get a quote on replacing the hood. From what I have read on the forum the dents seem consistent with a bonding issue. The dents match up with crossbars and bonding on the interior. With these quotes, the dealer is going to send them Ford to ask which one they should move forward on.

Should I be looking to push for one method of repair over another? How have other folks hood dents been repaired, and are you happy with the results? Thanks
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe is up to Ford how they would like to fix it. Id make your suggestion and see where it goes.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
definitely have this done through PDR. A new hood is unnecessary and you're going to have mismatched (from factory, even if unnoticeable to your eye) paint on a new vehicle.

If you had to pay for this yourself the PDR route, it'd cost maybe $300 at the most. I'd say thats even a rip off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any update on this?
The dealership had me take the car to their auto body repair shop for a quote and they reached back out to corporate Ford to see which one (replacement or repair) they want to pay for. I will post once I find out.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn’t let them replace the hood or respray any panel. I would pay a PDR guy out of my own pocket before I would let that happen.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up my BB late December with the OCD checklist in hand. I had noticed two hood dents and documented them with the dealer prior to finalizing paperwork. The dealer has had trouble getting a response from Ford on how they would like them to repair the dents. He called today to ask me to bring my bronco in to run to their local body shop to get a quote on a repair. He is also going to get a quote on replacing the hood. From what I have read on the forum the dents seem consistent with a bonding issue. The dents match up with crossbars and bonding on the interior. With these quotes, the dealer is going to send them Ford to ask which one they should move forward on.

Should I be looking to push for one method of repair over another? How have other folks hood dents been repaired, and are you happy with the results? Thanks
I had a problem with my hood, too! But mine was more a of a bonding issue...too much bonding agent, I guess. The day I took it to the Ford dealer, I had it warming up in the garage and it had this chemical burning smell. Sure enough, another large paint drip had formed! Dealership sent it to the local body shop, where all they did was trim it off....I could have done that myself! Actually, I need to check under the hood to see if Good luck!

Bronco Under Hood Bad Paint 2.jpg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stupid idea, but I would think if the bonding was pulling the hood down, if one could get that bonding to release, then use some of that soft expansion foam to fill the gap, you would be supported in that area, but without the dent.

Of course I'm not sure how you would get the hood to release to pop back up in the first place. It as of the brace underneath needs to be bend up in that spot from the factory.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are several threads about this going back to at least October builds, with the main suspect being excessive panel bond. I am surprised that @Ford Motor Company has not corrected this yet. Perhaps dealers are not reporting it?

Mine was fixed by paintless dent repair before delivery.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer only reported it, because I called it out before I finalized the purchase. When he was talking to their repair shop tech, he was telling him about half of their deliveries come with some level of hood dent. He said that I was the only one that noticed. Thanks to the bronco6g checklist.

Once the dealer got the quote for PDR ($150), they decided to stop emailing Ford Corporate and just pay for it. I should be scheduled in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it turns out.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue. Dealer body shop fixed the dents, but couldn't get the paint to match. Had to sand blast and repaint it.

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a problem with my hood, too! But mine was more a of a bonding issue...too much bonding agent, I guess. The day I took it to the Ford dealer, I had it warming up in the garage and it had this chemical burning smell. Sure enough, another large paint drip had formed! Dealership sent it to the local body shop, where all they did was trim it off....I could have done that myself! Actually, I need to check under the hood to see if Good luck!

Ford Bronco Hood Dents at Delivery Bronco Under Hood Bad Paint 2
Jeez,...looks like rust inside the cavities.
Sponsored