E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got to drive a Bronco today, dealer has a 4 door silver OBX with soft top.
I have 1 issue I'd like to ask for those that have their Bronco or have seen one...
The hood gaps to the fenders was crazy off, like the hood was latched too far down. I could see the whole edge of the fender while driving, really distracted from my short drive.
How does the gap look on other Broncos? Hood edge line up with fender all the way down to the trail sight?
I didn't have time to pop the hood and see if the latch was adjustable.

Edit: found a picture from yesterday, taken from 50 feet and zoomed in. Can see the fender is a bit taller than hood. Looks worse from drivers seat.

Screenshot_20210724-101433.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got to drive a Bronco today, dealer has a 4 door silver OBX with soft top.
I have 1 issue I'd like to ask for those that have their Bronco or have seen one...
The hood gaps to the fenders was crazy off, like the hood was latched too far down. I could see the whole edge of the fender while driving, really distracted from my short drive.
How does the gap look on other Broncos? Hood edge line up with fender all the way down to the trail sight?
I am pretty sure it is designed that way, where the hood sits lower then the fenders.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine sits maybe a couple mm lower, doesn’t bother me at all and I’m picky about panel fit. It’s centered perfectly and doesn’t look like it’s “not designed that way.”

I have a couple panel alignment issues but they are very minor, no worse than any other car I’ve owned

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've run my fingers down the hood/fender joint on all I've seen and it's always there, annoys me. But it must be the design, right? Not sure shy they would do it though

On most cars adjustment involves raising the rubber topped bump stop at the forward corners. The Bronco seems to be the same throughout length of the hood, so it's either 'sposed to be that way or would require aligning the hinge also. I imagine I'll just leave it alone.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would bother me too if I ever get one. I doubt they are being that strict on panel fitment (judging by the tops as well). Guess I’ll be going to my buddies shop to get the body squared up. What a shit show.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This would bother me too if I ever get one. I doubt they are being that strict on panel fitment (judging by the tops as well). Guess I’ll be going to my buddies shop to get the body squared up. What a shit show.
IMO don’t relate the QC on the top to the QC of the rest of the vehicle. Mine is pretty good. If I knew a good shop I’d still have a couple very minor things adjusted just because of how picky I am, but overall I’m pretty impressed. Ignoring the top, definitely well ahead of my 19 JLU’s QC.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
4BB0B297-2D16-411F-8557-BF2959362176.jpeg

Side
D6B12927-3B33-42AB-A9A4-DE9D3D4DE43E.jpeg

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I saw was worse than that. I probably wouldn't have noticed that, but I do wonder why the hood is set just lower than the fenders.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO don’t relate the QC on the top to the QC of the rest of the vehicle. Mine is pretty good. If I knew a good shop I’d still have a couple very minor things adjusted just because of how picky I am, but overall I’m pretty impressed. Ignoring the top, definitely well ahead of my 19 JLU’s QC.
Slipping through QC is usually in more than one area. Checking panel gaps and alignment during assembly should be happening. It’s a part of the process. So is QC. So they missed it twice. I’m not asking for coach building level of production. But there needs to be a middle ground between unrealistic expectations, and slapping shit together​

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Hood Gap 1627092905737

Needs picked...

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bad to be picky on a $60k purchase?
The hood doesn’t bother me at all. I do have 3ish nits right now that are too small to post or mention probably, but I will anyway:

1. On the driver’s side, the trailing edge of the driver’s door looks to be a mm or 2 lower than it should be to line up exactly with the leading edge of the rear door. This is not an issue on the passenger side. I also think the driver’s door sits inward maybe a mm or 2 more than it should to align exactly with the leading edge of the rear door. This can probably be fixed by adjusting the striker or whatever the thing on the body that the door latches onto is called, but I’m no expert.

2. The steel rear bumper sits… maybe a few mm to half a cm lower on one side than the other, when compared to the fender/body panel right above it. My Jeep had this exact same issue.

3. There’s a random half cm gap between the decorative colored plastic on the dash and the black plastic that encases the gauge cluster (near the driver’s right hvac vent), whereas the same 2 plastic parts are sandwiched tightly together on the other side (near the driver’s left hvac vent). There isn’t a lot of play, so it doesn’t seem like just something that could be pushed and clipped in.

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not at all. But something that is easily adjusted is not a big deal...
Is it easy? I've never had to adjust a gap or latch on a brand new vehicle...
Everyone seems so on edge here today.
I was just asking if this is common, or a 1 off issue. Maybe they don't do QC on dealer demos as strict as customer cars?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it easy? I've never had to adjust a gap or latch on a brand new vehicle...
Everyone seems so on edge here today.
I was just asking if this is common, or a 1 off issue. Maybe they don't do QC on dealer demos as strict as customer cars?
Minor adjustments are virtually always a 1 of issue. If you can't figure out how do it yourself, I am sure the service department of your dealer will do it for you under warranty. Not sure anyone at the mall will notice it though...
Sponsored