First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am wondering if any of you have noticed something similar. Yesterday I was driving over a bridge near the beach and it was very windy. The type that you can feel pushing the truck one way or another. I could see the hood flexing by the trail sites up and down as the wind blew. I have never seen anything like that before and I was nervous the hood was actually going to fly opened. Has anyone noticed anything similar?
Sponsored

1BadLarry

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 LWB TOYOTA CENTURY
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Driving from Nevada to California going 80 mph with a 25 mph cross wind and had a similar experience. I had just picked it up so you better believe I was concerned. The hood latch is solid though so I wouldn’t be too concerned about it flipping up on ya. Hasn’t happened since but I know the feeling.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's aluminum. Same thing on my '19 Mustang GT. Weight savings is the name of the game.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every modern car with an aluminum hood does that.

Sponsored

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealer said they couldn't fix it! Anyone have an answer on how to stop vibration of hood?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have driven at max limiter speed for several miles and in some major crosswinds and cannot say I have noticed hood shake.

I used to get shake on my LR3 when one of the two latches was worn and would not catch. I can't answer if the Broncos have two or just one center latch but in any event the rubber bumpers at the front corners would be adjustable

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer said they couldn't fix it! Anyone have an answer on how to stop vibration of hood?
Proper hood adjustment can eliminate flutter. Refer to the following posts for more info…

FWIW, my hood doesn’t flutter, even with gusts and semis passing on the freeway, but I carefully adjusted my hood bump stops, like I do on all my vehicles. Although the hood is fabricated from aluminum, it has honeycomb stiffeners below the skin that increases its rigidity. If your hood is properly anchored in all 5 locations (i.e., 2 front bump stops, 2 rear hinges, 1 front latch), I doubt you will notice any flutter. Conventional wisdom about what is “normal” is not always right.
@Razorbak86 Thanks buddy. Can you post a picture and description of what you did to yours please?
OK, I attached a photo below. In the middle of the photo, next to the hood support rod, is the hood bump stop on the driver’s front corner. There is an another one just like it on the passenger’s front corner. Twist it clockwise or counter-clockwise to adjust it up and down to remove slop in the hood alignment.

You want your hood properly anchored in all 5 locations (i.e., 2 front bump stops, 2 rear hinges, 1 front latch).

FAE5F26E-48AA-4DF0-84C6-C1E062632ED8.jpeg

When the hood is properly anchored, there should be very little movement when you press down on the front corners. The more slop in this adjustment, the easier it will be to close the hood. The less slop in this adjustment, the harder it will be to close the hood.

I’m pretty anal about this, so mine is adjusted with such little slop that I have to drop my hood from about 10” to close it, and then it doesn't move on the corners when pressed down. You may not want to remove that much slop, but that’s the secret to achieveing zero flutter.

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Proper hood adjustment can eliminate flutter. Refer to the following posts for more info…
Took it into the dealership and they said they can't fix it. It's because of the grill that is causing this. Wtf

Sponsored

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've gone on a couple of road trips and mine flutters pretty bad, gonna have to adjust the bump stops for sure, thanks for the info!

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have adjusted the bump stops. Hood still flutters above 50 mph. Its looks like the outer sheet metal flexing away from the inner core. There is just foam/glue holding the two together.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have driven at max limiter speed for several miles and in some major crosswinds and cannot say I have noticed hood shake.

I used to get shake on my LR3 when one of tge two latches was worn and would not catch. I can't answer if the Broncos have two or just one center latch but in any event the rubber beers at the front corners would be adjustable
What is the top speed? About 100?
Jason

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I used to get shake on my LR3 when one of tge two latches was worn and would not catch. I can't answer if the Broncos have two or just one center latch but in any event the rubber beers at the front corners would be adjustable
Doubt you did it then
Sponsored