Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

[/QUOTE]So hood struts have been a popular thing on EB’s for those of us addicted to resto-modding them. But the problem is the EB hood is very weak but also very heavy. So it took a strut with a very high lifting capacity. Many of us learned the hard way as we bent our hood at the point where the struts were attached when closing the hood. Only good news is it got me a brand new fiberglass hood. The hood photos of the new Bronco make me think this won’t be a problem. The hood looks pretty well reinforced. But for now I plan on sticking with the prop rod.
[/QUOTE]
Ford Bronco Hood Struts Kit For 2021 Bronco (Available August 1st from Redline Tuning) 1625844973542

Is the hood aluminum? If so excessive force required to close is not good. A service tech left a palm size dent in my STi's hood by gently pressing on the center to to get it to latch rather then dropping it closed.
Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t seen it mentioned here but in a lot of the walk around and Instagram live videos they had a lot of trouble closing the hood. It had to be dropped from almost full height to catch. And it if wasn’t it couldn’t be pushed closed at the bottom. Just something I remeber seeing and curious how it will work with the struts.
I'm curious about this too. The video is nice and, WOW, so easy to install, but it only shows it opening not closing. I had a 911 where I had to change the rear and front struts...pain, but was nice once done. Porsche even had a video of how to properly close the frunk way back in 1996. You don't want to dent your hood by not closing it properly.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Much YEEESSSSSS.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So hood struts have been a popular thing on EB’s for those of us addicted to resto-modding them. But the problem is the EB hood is very weak but also very heavy. So it took a strut with a very high lifting capacity. Many of us learned the hard way as we bent our hood at the point where the struts were attached when closing the hood. Only good news is it got me a brand new fiberglass hood. The hood photos of the new Bronco make me think this won’t be a problem. The hood looks pretty well reinforced. But for now I plan on sticking with the prop rod.
[/QUOTE]
Ford Bronco Hood Struts Kit For 2021 Bronco (Available August 1st from Redline Tuning) 1625844973542

Is the hood aluminum? If so excessive force required to close is not good. A service tech left a palm size dent in my STi's hood by gently pressing on the center to to get it to latch rather then dropping it closed.
[/QUOTE]
You just had to post this after I got Uber excited about deleting the prop rod

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of overthinking going on here. I’ll take a stab at a summary of concerns, this based on my installation of Redline shocks on my 2013 Focus ST:

1. Cost is the likely driver for not including hood struts on many vehicle models. The ST Focus was the most expensive model but still had a few lower-end components such as a hood prop rod and a non-dimming rearview mirror while also having high-end items like Recaro seats and a well-tuned performance engine. It’s a game of trade-offs.

2. Installation was very easy. Redline makes good stuff.

3. closing the ST hood was simple and no pushing-to-close is needed. The shocks easily control the closing speed of the hood and have a built-in brake that prevent the hood from slamming shut. To close and latch the hood you simply let it go from about 4-6” above the closed position and it smartly drops into place.

4. I did not detect any strain marks on the ST hood where the struts mount. Again, Redline‘s stuff is well-engineered and tested and I expect the same operation with the Bronco.

5. I’ve stated in other threads on this forum, the hood struts will be one of my first mods. I have the garage height needed to fully open the bonnet with the struts, just not under the open garage door.

6. Once more Broncos get into people’s hands the aftermarket mods section of this forum will become a plethora of very good information on what works and what doesn’t. If you’re unsure of the quality of any product or it’s usefullness/value, hold off buying it until you get the skinny from this forum. The truth can’t hide…

Sponsored

BrentLee71

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will def be ordering a set. I had Redline on my Focus ST and RS. Absolutely a must for the Bronco IMO!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe it is a weight saving thing (ala Lotus or Porsche). Prop rod might weight several ounces less then struts thereby increasing mpg and towing capacity.

I like, but $100 for two struts little pricey. Maybe group buy for bronco6g members?

The struts on my 911's frunk have never really worked. The result is a dent on the back of my skull from the hood latch. Bought a set of replacement ones (not as easy to install as Bronco) and only lasted 2 seasons. Now I have a fiberglass prop rod and no more concussions.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_I...MIpcHUv5HW8QIVGLrICh250gU-EAQYAyABEgKSZfD_BwE
Wait, you own a Porsche and complaining about a price of $100:ROFLMAO:

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a 72 and 76 leaving mine old school

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Again, I don’t think this will be a problem on the 6G Bronco. Looking at the photo of the underside of the hood at the top of this thread, there appears to be more substantial section reinforcement. But in all of the the work I did on my EB when it had a steel hood, I never once had the rod get in the way or bump it and have the hood fall on me. I just really don’t see the need for the struts. If someone wants to install hood struts, that’s great but to me they are more so a solution looking for a problem.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mark off another purchase already haha
Ford Bronco Hood Struts Kit For 2021 Bronco (Available August 1st from Redline Tuning) 1514046691_dumb-and-dumber-money

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice and clean looking kit, seems simple to install. I just don't plan to open the hood all that often, not sure what I'd want to do in there, don't think I'll ever buy this kit. I doubt I've opened the hood on my Taco more than once a year, if that. What do you all plan to do underneath there to make this prop stick a problem?

I'll look in there at delivery and my son will probably look in there once I get it home, that's about what I plan to do in there. Had to replace light bulbs on my Taco a couple of times, don't expect my LEDs to burn out before I do.

To me this seems like a solution in search of a problem, really don't know why I'd want to fiddle around under the hood, ever. Just curious why you'd need to open it that often that the prop stick becomes a real problem?

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with daktari
Nice solution but with these new vehicles no one really spends time under hood.
And their is a thread I believe on how ugly the new engine bays look, so again no reason to open hood more than once a year to clean

Oil change guys can use prop post
Sponsored