Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Mustang, Volvo C30, and Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is this section… step 1. (I can’t post full page as it is against their policy and I don’t have authorization.)
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought Redline and parts don’t fit in hood. I regret the decision and pretty annoyed at the moment…. I ordered them early and finally had a chance to install this weekend. Total fail.

Asking myself why I have to grind down a part and/or file away at the hood to make it work…. Total crap
I ordered a set back in 2001 right after they started making them, installed them last week and they fit perfect. Send a pic of the hood brackets, they must have sent you the wrong ones.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is this section… step 1. (I can’t post full page as it is against their policy and I don’t have authorization.)
You have to back off the nut a few turns on the hood mount so that you can kind of angle it in, then once it is in place tighten it up

leaderjoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Mustang, Volvo C30, and Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I can even take the aluminum nut completely off, push in any direction and it still won’t fit. “wrong component part” is most likely explanation but hard to believe… the tube shows proper kit.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@leaderjoe You have to have received some incorrect parts in the tube. It happens. Packaging is done by humans. Just call Redline and I’m sure they’ll hook you up. The normal installation couldn’t be easier, and these struts work great. Total crap? Not even a little bit…

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco hasn't shipped yet, so I figured I'd ask -- does a factory Bronco have any sorts of hood struts, or is it just a simple prop?
Prop pole.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which hood struts are most going with? I've been looking at the Rough Country, MRT and Redlines. The RC's are the cheapest but, I don't care about price. Just looking for which ones will be the most durable and long-lasting.
Stay away from Rough Country. The lift points aren't in the greatest place. The washers you have to use are terrible, and in my case their kit actually caused damaged to my hood.

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stay away from Rough Country. The lift points aren't in the greatest place. The washers you have to use are terrible, and in my case their kit actually caused damaged to my hood.
Agreed. I ordered but didn’t install them. Ended up going with IAG that were crazy easy to install, didn’t have a bronco taxand work well

Sponsored
OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I wanted to update the thread with an issue I ran into.

I received the hood struts a few days later, and when I received them I opened the package to make sure all parts were there. I don't yet have my Bronco (still waiting for it to be built) but, getting parts so I can do mods when it arrives.

When I went to check the parts, I noticed that the hardware didn't look like the same as I had seen in the few videos I watched about these particular struts. I called Redline and spoke to someone. Come to find out, I ordered the wrong struts. I had mistakenly chosen the struts package that allows you to use them with an aftermarket hood.

I asked if I could just exchange for the correct package since they were the same price. He told me that the only differences between the two packages was the mounting bracket to the hood and the bottom portion of the strut (the part that the bracket mount that sits inside of the engine compartment that attaches directly to the bottom of the strut).

The gentleman said he would just send me the correct hardware. They didn't ask me to pay shipping, return the other hardware and or pay for the new hardware. I would have gladly paid and shipped back, as it was my ordering error but, nope, Redline took care of it all. I was quite surprised and really appreciated that gesture.

I would definitely use them again. Great customer service. 👌

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like my pair from @Mabett, they’re only marginally more expensive than cheap options on Amazon and they secure FAR better to the outer rim of the engine bay. I know this because I returned two of those cheaper pairs from Amazon because they were just so flimsy and never felt “solid”.

kkenny

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
+1 for Redline Tuning MaxLIFT PLUS! Installed it this past weekend.

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend