Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which hood struts are most going with? I've been looking at the Rough Country, MRT and Redlines. The RC's are the cheapest but, I don't care about price. Just looking for which ones will be the most durable and long-lasting.
How often and for what are people going under the hood on a new Bronco where this becomes a consideration?My wrangler doesn't have any and while I wait still for my Bronco, I'm curious why people are doing this mod. No negativity here, just genuinely curious.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How often and for what are people going under the hood on a new Bronco where this becomes a consideration?My wrangler doesn't have any and while I wait still for my Bronco, I'm curious why people are doing this mod. No negativity here, just genuinely curious.
Under my hood to wire A pillar lights, under my hood to wire fog lights, under my hood to wire RSE steps, under my hood to wire trailer hitch wiring harness, under my hood to install light inside engine cabin. Some other things.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under my hood to wire A pillar lights, under my hood to wire fog lights, under my hood to wire RSE steps, under my hood to wire trailer hitch wiring harness, under my hood to install light inside engine cabin. Some other things.
Got it - Makes a little more sense. Thanks for the enlightenment!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can’t speak for anyone else, but we have a serious packrat problem here. Our vehicles are parked outside every night, and the packrats already ate the wiring harness in my F-150 ($900 cha-ching!), as well as my old Rhino UTV, and my old skid steer that the dealer was never even able to fix, so we traded it for a tractor.

Anyway, we ended up where we pop the hoods on our vehicles every night and hang LED work lights under the hood. So far it’s working! The Redline struts make life so much easier, especially when you get out of the car with your hands full and you need to pop the hood with one hand.

Other than that, I suppose we wouldn’t “need” the struts, but they’re a pretty cheap mod, and they really do make things easier. People spend a lot more money on Bronco stuff that doesn’t even do anything…

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it - Makes a little more sense. Thanks for the enlightenment!
It's funny I have actually had the Bronco hood up messing around under there more than all my other vehicles in the past collectively. Another way I looked at it was that it was a pretty cheap mod compared to a lot of the other things I have done and I have rather disliked the hood arm in prior vehicles I have had, enough that I thought about it at least. For $100 bucks it's not worth thinking about.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another vote for Redline. Have the Elite on my Bronco. Easy install and flawless operation. Combined with a 5 year warranty, top notch customer service, easy installation, and made in the 🇺🇸 it's a very fair price for a great product.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t speak for anyone else, but we have a serious packrat problem here. Our vehicles are parked outside every night, and the packrats already ate the wiring harness in my F-150 ($900 cha-ching!), as well as my old Rhino UTV, and my old skid steer that the dealer was never even able to fix, so we traded it for a tractor.

Anyway, we ended up where we pop the hoods on our vehicles every night and hang LED work lights under the hood. So far it’s working! The Redline struts make life so much easier, especially when you get out of the car with your hands full and you need to pop the hood with one hand.

Other than that, I suppose we wouldn’t “need” the struts, but they’re a pretty cheap mod, and they really do make things easier. People spend a lot more money on Bronco stuff that doesn’t even do anything…
Wow. That sounds awful. Seems you’ve figured something out though.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven’t ordered them yet, but I had Redline on my Bronco Sport and liked them.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought Redline and parts don’t fit in hood. I regret the decision and pretty annoyed at the moment…. I ordered them early and finally had a chance to install this weekend. Total fail.

Asking myself why I have to grind down a part and/or file away at the hood to make it work…. Total crap
Is it possible you got the Bronco Sport ones by mistake?

leaderjoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Mustang, Volvo C30, and Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was accidental wrong parts in kit… problem solved fast and easy with redline. They quickly provided proper parts and install was perfect.

Carrotop79

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr BL LUX, 2020 Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Redline Elite “Max Lift Edition”. Easy install, need 13mm short and long socket.

Ford Bronco Hood struts: which ones to get? BE661617-3283-42F0-BFCC-219E4A153AA6

Ford Bronco Hood struts: which ones to get? 11C1FC58-BB46-4831-B5A8-F4F27236B4DC

Ford Bronco Hood struts: which ones to get? 8369AE9A-56F6-4576-82E0-DC5BB2081225

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed my Steeda hood shocks.

Just a heads up. The Steeda installation instructions are wrong. The gas shock should be on the hood side, not the fender side. I spoke with a Steeda customer service rep, and he confirmed the instruction sheet is wrong. #5 says to orient the gas shock to the fender end. The gas cylider should be at the hood attachment point.

data.jpg

data.jpg

data.jpg
Sponsored