Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went a different route with Mabett’s version 2. It has a double point mount on the hood edge and mounts to the fender at about the Battery, so it’s longer. $70
Ford Bronco Hood struts: which ones to get? B2DBF3CA-9CB9-4963-AFB3-CEDDD184C717

I think I read where someone had the single point rip through the hood.

BroncNC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Put redline in yesterday, took me 15 mins, really simple. Would suggest having deep and standard sockets.

Just another validation in case people are on fence.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you take the hood off the truck all the time like I do the mrt are the way to go. Easy to get the hood off and on by yourself with how they mount and the angle.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my Steeda hood shocks.

Just a heads up. The Steeda installation instructions are wrong. The gas shock should be on the hood side, not the fender side. I spoke with a Steeda customer service rep, and he confirmed the instruction sheet is wrong. #5 says to orient the gas shock to the fender end. The gas cylider should be at the hood attachment point.

data.jpg

data.jpg

data.jpg
Wish I read this about 30 minutes ago! I installed the Steeda struts per the instructions, and immediately noticed something was wrong. I'm glad I didn't slam the hood, or there would have been some damage

@Murraydog11 - Do you still have any interference with the hood when closing? It's hard to see in the attached photo, but both the strut ball on the engine bay mount and the strut cylinder make direct contact with my hood when closing it.

PXL_20221029_234749986.jpg

Sponsored

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I read this about 30 minutes ago! I installed the Steeda struts per the instructions, and immediately noticed something was wrong. I'm glad I didn't slam the hood, or there would have been some damage

@Murraydog11 - Do you still have any interference with the hood when closing? It's hard to see in the attached photo, but both the strut ball on the engine bay mount and the strut cylinder make direct contact with my hood when closing it.

PXL_20221029_234749986.jpg
@Steeda we have a problem. Same setup as @Murraydog11 and the hood will not close. Uninstalling until I figure out what is going wrong here.

PXL_20221030_000115692.jpg

PXL_20221030_000326116.jpg

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the hometown heroes at @Redline Tuning - I'm gonna pick them up at the store. Just waiting for the "They're here" message to snag 'em.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had the standard Redlines for over a year with no issues. Easy install, great product. The label comes off easily to give you a clean look. I hate all of the advertising on aftermarket products.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got Redlines, no regerts

I get redlines for everyone as well (so 2 Mustangs and my Bronco)

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hood struts: which ones to get? PXL_20221030_000326116
Hmmm... I did not have any binding at all. I spoke with Steeda before my initial install.

Sponsored

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for confirming. I'll give Steeda a call on Monday, but it looks like this is getting returned for something that works with no mechanical interference!

Side note: The phone number printed on the side of the struts is JWF Technologies in Hamilton, Ohio, so it will be interesting to see how this is handled.

PXL_20221030_153206614.jpg

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for confirming. I'll give Steeda a call on Monday, but it looks like this is getting returned for something that works with no mechanical interference!

Side note: The phone number printed on the side of the struts is JWF Technologies in Hamilton, Ohio, so it will be interesting to see how this is handled.

Ford Bronco Hood struts: which ones to get? PXL_20221030_153206614
Yeah, I checked that out before I called them. JWF Technologies looks like they're a wholesale distributor. I went through the website, and it's really hard to even find this piston. Steeda seems legit. I didn't expect that they built everything in house. I was more about the fact that these are Ford approved. That way, if they blew something out, I'd have a fighting chance with warranty work...

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another shout out to @Redline Tuning and their owner. I got to see the shop and the owner(s) today. They are super local to me and wow what a great organization. They will go the extra mile for you and make it right no matter what - trust in this. This is what they do, struts. They know them and have done them for over 20 years.

You are helping small business by ordering these top quality struts for your ride. I have no affiliation with nor am I getting paid for this. These are just good people that want to sell you quality struts. Give them a try - they're not expensive either.

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Steeda we have a problem. Same setup as @Murraydog11 and the hood will not close. Uninstalling until I figure out what is going wrong here.
One of the many advantages of our design is that you do NOT have to touch any bolts on the hood hinge assembly for installation:
1) No risk in damaging the factory paint on the hood bolts
2) No risk in the hood losing the factory alignment after installation due to the hood bolts needing to be loosened.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the many advantages of our design is that you do NOT have to touch any bolts on the hood hinge assembly for installation:
1) No risk in damaging the factory paint on the hood bolts
2) No risk in the hood losing the factory alignment after installation due to the hood bolts needing to be loosened.
Great points! Not lost on me at all, after installing the other product. I was definitely nervous when the hood became fully disconnected after removing the two mounting bolts. I appreciate the desire to create standalone brackets, but the Steeda hood mounting locations are not ideal.
Sponsored