First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2018 6MT Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any reason why Ford is not offering this configuration? Someone must have an idea.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have so many questions for Ford that this doesn't even make the top 10 list :LOL:. I would assume it's because they think they can make more money not offering it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because it’s a Base. If you got money for extra doors, you got money for the auto. At least that’s my take on Ford’s thinking.

BTW. I respect that you want the 7speed. ?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The reality is that Manual Transmissions are on their way out. Even top sports cars like the Corvette and Mustang GT500 don't have them.

I am getting a 2-Door Manual Base Bronco, but it might be the last new vehicle I get with a Manual transmission.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any reason why Ford is not offering this configuration? Someone must have an idea.

:unsure: ... perhaps they don't want to show a price for the 7 speed.

I would like for them to adjust the price of the vehicle if we change the powertrain components; 2.3L/7 spd. that is standard then changed with the 2.7L/10 spd.

Something like, say the 2.3L/7 spd. cost is around 2895, then when changing to the 2.7L/ 10 spd. subtract the cost of the 2.3L/ spd 2895, then add the $3490 of the 2.7L/ 10 spd. combo.

:cool:(y) Sounds good; this way they aren't giving free powertrain components away.

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would really like a Base 4-door with 7-speed option I am right now between 2dr base and 4 door black Diamond. I love the idea of a base model but I am torn between 2-dr 4-dr . I really would like to the 2-door but just think I’ll get much more utility for the 4.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would really like a Base 4-door with 7-speed option I am right now between 2dr base and 4 door black Diamond. I love the idea of a base model but I am torn between 2-dr 4-dr . I really would like to the 2-door but just think I’ll get much more utility for the 4.
Currently, the price difference between the Base 4 door(auto) and the Big Bend 4 door(7spd man) is $1085. BB being more expensive.

Yes, you're paying more for the manual, but you're getting some stuff with it ...PLUS you can now get the Tow pkg and locking rear diff added.

These represent my MINIMUM builds in each 4 door trim, from here they branch into 4cyl Squatch or 6cyl builds of varying degrees:

Big Bend 4 door....( 37375 base price)
+hard top
+canvas bikini
+switches
+tow
+locking rear .......
Will run you between :
$39,854 and $40,154*

*(there's an almost certain pricing error there...with 40k probably being the most correct, B&P shows the 39k number).

Base (auto).... (36290 base price)
+hard top
+canvas bikini
+switches .......
$37,679

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it would make the artificial Base 2-door price to get under 30k be more obvious?

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe Ford is figuring if you would be willing to pay extra for the 4-door in the Base manual then you are going to be willing to pay a lot more for the 4-door in the Big Bend manual?
Sponsored