Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don't make me change my avatar! :)

Ford Bronco Hoping there's no "Jeep wave" ?️ equivalent for the Bronco RA_carousel
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After that I'll probably just steering wheel wave, unless I'm doorless, then I'll foot wave.
Left Foot is free anyways, doing nothing there. Unless you are driving a Manual. Put that left foot to work ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In other words... you guys have been Doug'd!!! By Doug #4 (@JAGSarge) ?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ride a dual sport and give the bike wave to everyone riding a bike. Generally the only riders that don’t reciprocate are Harley Guys. Whatever.

OP
OP
Chamberlin

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a problem Sarge, like I said in my original post, I did search of thread titles for "Jeep Wave" before posting and didn't see anything... However, I didn't search for "Bronco Wave" (duh) and therefore missed all the other threads that already existed on the topic.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there a way to block threads or posts that mention “wave”?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would prob wave back to anyone that waived regardless of type of car. But I definitely won’t be initiating waves to jeepers out of some 4x4 brotherhood, rivalry is more fun ?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not waving at anyone unless we are both on two wheels. ?

That or if we are off road. There better be some sense of danger to be waving.
This guy gets it.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would wave at anyone if they waved at me, but my vote was swayed by 'bronco buddy'

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, being a Jeep, and Corvette owner a wave to each has become pretty much a automatic reaction. As it is now I have to keep in mind which vehicle I'm in, and which one I'm supposed to wave too. I've been known to be driving the Jeep, and wave at a Corvette, and vice-versa. I'm sure at first, and maybe for all times there will be a Bronco wave. What that will look like will be perfected over time I'm sure. Then it's going to become quite an effort for me to remember which wave to use as the Bronco will be an add, and not a replacement. :)

With that said, I'm from the south where it's considered an obligation to throw up a couple of fingers at most everyone. That's because true native sounterners are the nicest folks in the country.:cool::D

Last edited:

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's worse than waving will be if dudes start trying to talk to about your car at gas stations

Maximus

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Delorean
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please take this post & poll with as a semi-sarcastic/light-hearted grain of salt! Just having some automotive-sociological fun!

P. S. I did search for 'Jeep Wave' in the forum before posting this! But apparently I didn't come across the other 'Bronco Wave' posts and polls that were already out there... I do apologize.

First, there's nothing wrong with the cameraderie formed by the shared enthusiasm of a particular brand or vehicle model.

I actually was a 'waver' for the 4 years I had my Rubicon, and would get upset when other jeepers didn't wave back. I always had motorcycles too, where an outstretched hand for any oncoming two-wheeler is just about mandatory here in Arizona.

The Jeep Wrangler and the 2021 Ford Bronco will no doubt be pitted against one another in every test possible, in every magazine and YouTube channel. They will share a mostly identical fan base, and as everyone can admit, the competition between the two will be epic and yet beneficial to the consumer.

With all of the similarities between these two vehicles and their respective fan bases (I've even seen some Jeep guys here buying Broncos to run along side their Wranglers), do you think the 'Jeep wave' is indeed a 'Jeep thang', or do you believe the wave will naturally migrate to Bronco owners as well? Will Jeep drivers wave to Bronco drivers and vice-versa? Will cats and dogs start living together?

I know it might seem like a silly thing to contemplate, and of course anyone is free to ignore other wavers or to happily Forest Gump wave at anyone they like. But with this Bronco purchase, I'd personally like to (for once) avoid the 'wave guilt/wave obligation' that inherently comes with Jeep ownership.

What do you guys think? Do you want to petition the Jeep community to let Bronco owners into the wave club? Or are you more likely to flip off an oncoming Jeep when they dare misidentify your Bronco's beautiful and stylish front grill for a 7 slot? Or, would you push for a pre-ordaned mandate, to which Bronco owners shall here forth not be subjected to any required waving etiquette nonsense either expressed or implied?

Again just having fun all! This is what happens when you're forced to wait 11 months for your new vehicle adventure to begin...
Usually in Detroit on the Lodge Highway, we would just give each other the finger, if you were not driving a domestic vehicle.

OP
OP
Chamberlin

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Usually in Detroit on the Lodge Highway, we would just give each other the finger, if you were not driving a domestic vehicle.
Hahaha, I was born and raised in Detroit (coincidentally because my grandfather imigrated here from Italy and worked at Ford all his life!) but I don't remember flipping people off on the Lodge! LOL Damn, missed opportunities when I was driving an '82 Lincoln Mk.VI throughout high-school!
Sponsored