Sponsored

Horn alert when key is removed from truck with engine on...

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I looked through the owners manual, nothing! Just wondering if this is incredibly annoying to anyone else as it is to me. The horn is loud, no reason for that alert to be that loud! A simple chime would do it...Anyone agree or discover how to disable that?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I looked through the owners manual, nothing! Just wondering if this is incredibly annoying to anyone else as it is to me. The horn is loud, no reason for that alert to be that loud! A simple chime would do it...Anyone agree or discover how to disable that?

Thank you!
You'd need to figure out where the trigger point is, tap in and send to a piezo under the hood. My guess is that it is controlled electronically via the computer and you likely won't be able to find the specific output wire to tap into. Same thing happens with my Fusion and yeah - it is borderline obnoxious.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I agree! I hate that! It did save my bacon one time though….sucks a little less now. But I think in other Ford’s, the only way to stop it is by doing some forscan magic.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree this is an extremely annoying feature and would love to know how to disable it. As was mentioned, seems like Forscan is the only way from what I’ve read online while researching this.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My F-250 did this. When I swapped the fuel tank for a larger one, I got a loaner programmer that plugs in to the OBD port to change the tank size. After changing the tank size in the computer, I searched for other stuff. Found the horn when key removed "feature" and turned it off.

Yes - super annoying, and I love the fact that I no longer have it.

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!
My Edge does that too and you're right, damn loud. Are you running back in the house or somewhere pretty far away? Its probably not feasible in some situations, but when I get out to check my mail I leave the door open (key in pocket) and it doesn't honk the horn. I've only tested to about 10ft though.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its probably not feasible in some situations, but when I get out to check my mail I leave the door open (key in pocket) and it doesn't honk the horn. I've only tested to about 10ft though.
I do the same on my F150 when having to get out and leave it running. So far as I have seen, it is not distance limited.

However, when I did this the other day, I got around to the other side of the truck and realized I need something out of the cab. So I opened the passenger door, got what I needed and closed it (with the driver door still open) and the truck still sounded the warning honk anyway. This was at about 6:30am so the sleeping wife and neighbors were not happy I am sure.

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do the same on my F150 when having to get out and leave it running. So far as I have seen, it is not distance limited.

However, when I did this the other day, I got around to the other side of the truck and realized I need something out of the cab. So I opened the passenger door, got what I needed and closed it (with the driver door still open) and the truck still sounded the warning honk anyway. This was at about 6:30am so the sleeping wife and neighbors were not happy I am sure.
Exactly! This is the worst "feature" ever!!

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never had a vehicle with this "feature". Are you telling me that if I leave my dog in the truck with the AC running it's going to alert everyone at the home depot of my absense?

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never had a vehicle with this "feature". Are you telling me that if I leave my dog in the truck with the AC running it's going to alert everyone at the home depot of my absense?
When you leave the truck the horn will honk. Its ridiculous!

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you leave the truck the horn will honk. Its ridiculous!
Continually? Or just once? Is it a short like the "double tap the door lock" honk? Or is it trying to get pedestrians out of the way?

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you remove a key from a running vehicle and shut the door it honks once. All Fords with Push Button start do.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a way to reprogram that?

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forscan can disable it. It is a standard feature on most fords these days.
Sponsored