Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was very shocked when I got my Build week and Vin, I changed my order to include HOSS 3.0, so I figured that was just another death blow to push me into 2023, So I was very very shocked and excited to get the email that I got a Vin!!!!
Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Know we're probably a ways off from them being had over the counter, but I'm curious if anyone has seen anything on possible part numbers for the HOSS 3.0 shocks (and springs I suppose, although I don't see why they'd be different).

Last edited:

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Know we're probably a ways off from them being had over the counter, but I'm curious if everyone's favorite parts guru @drew707 has seen anything on possible part numbers for the HOSS 3.0 shocks (and springs I suppose, although I don't see why they'd be different).
Beefed up steering components too!

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, it's the same height as the Sasquatch Bilstien suspension.
I was under the impression the Hoss 3.0 sits 1.5 inches higher than the Badlands Sasquatch or is it the Badlands standard 33s. Iā€™m confused now. Is it true that the Wildtrak does have the sway bar disconnect but it has to be done manually? I may also go with the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 for 2023 in Race Red. I tried to get the Raptor but they are charging way over MSRP.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bigger the shock body the more fluid it holds so you will get better performance .. also more fluids means it takes a lot more heat to heat up a bigger volume of fluid. you do not want too heat up your fluid too much.

BUT the bigger upgrade to look at is the sever-duty steering rack and better tie rod ends.

and for some context, off road shocks are often size by the diameter of the shock body. So a 2.5" means the shock body is 2.5" in diameter. The GEN1 Raptor came with 2.5" shock body. The GEN2 truck was 3.0" and now the GEN3 truck is 3.1"

2.5" for the wildtrak is a BIG shock

1651163918728.png
From article about the HOSS 3.0 Update & 2022 Wildtrak w Hoss 3.0 at Mexican 1000:
"It swapped the Hoss 2.0ā€™s Bilstein shocks with Fox shocks that have larger remote reservoirs and aluminum bodies that more efficiently dissipate heat. Ford revised the spring rates, added a new rear stabilizer bar and inner and outer tie rods that are 32% stronger. Additionally, the Hoss 3.0 package has a steering rack used in the Bronco Raptor, providing a 40% gain in maximum load compared to the standard Bronco rack. For Bronco owners, the production Wildtrak now has a higher performance threshold due to better shock thermals and body motion control when optioned with the Hoss 3.0 package."

Sponsored

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco's with HOSS 3.0 haven't been built yet. It will be awhile before the parts show up in the parts department. I am betting at least 6 months more likely a year.
Iā€™m built with HOSS 3.0 and a forecasted delivery for week 1 of July. Think thereā€™s some folks in build week 5/23 that will be receiving theirs any day now.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Powderhound!1 Love the name!!!

Iā€™m built with HOSS 3.0 and a forecasted delivery for week 1 of July. Think thereā€™s some folks in build week 5/23 that will be receiving theirs any day now.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was under the impression the Hoss 3.0 sits 1.5 inches higher than the Badlands Sasquatch or is it the Badlands standard 33s. Iā€™m confused now. Is it true that the Wildtrak does have the sway bar disconnect but it has to be done manually? I may also go with the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 for 2023 in Race Red. I tried to get the Raptor but they are charging way over MSRP.
Hoss 3.0 sits 1.5 inches higher than a non-Sasquatch Badlands on 33's, which is basically the default Sasquatch package height.

Wildtrak doesn't have the sway bar disconnect. You either have to crawl under it and unbolt it or add an aftermarket manual disconnect.

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe havent rolled off of the line yet but they have certainly been scheduled for build. I am one of them.
glad to know, what was your reservation date

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be happy to. I am scheduled for 6/13 though so its still a ways away. Hoping to have it by August 1
what was your reservation date

Sponsored

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
glad to know, what was your reservation date
Thanks for clarifying. I like the look of the Wildtrak better than the Badlands slightly but not sure if I should be getting a Wildtrak on the east coast. Maybe I will go with a Badlands and get that BDS suspension lift kit šŸ™‚. It's hard to choose as they all have their own positives and negatives, I definitely like this new Suspension for sure.

So if you plan on lifting your vehicle with after market suspension lift kit does it make sense to buy the sasquatch on the Badlands? I know nothing about this and have no idea what suspension advantages or disadvantages the sasquatch badlands has over the regular besides just the tires. My engineering background is telling me it may be more.than I thinkšŸ™‚.

Bronco Bri

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Powderhound!1 Love the name!!!
Iā€™m 5/23 blend (HOSS 3.0)and on 5/27 the tracker app showed awaiting shipment. The dealer showed ETA 6/7-6/13! Today the tracker updated and says built with ETA 6/21-6/27! Who knows.

Paul113

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 is currently on Rail heading to my dealer. Can't wait to get it. I'm told first week of July delivery. I'll let you know when I take delivery.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm built with HOSS 3.0 and scheduled to be at dealership by the 23 via convoy. Tracker status is shipped
Sponsored