Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It cost me a little over $1000 to get everything done and much of that was paid with Ford pass points. I had such a good experience with the swap.

As for the spring rates, we owe that nugget to some really sharp members (I think Flip). They figured out all of the different spring combinations (front and back) that are vin specific. Conceptually, if for example you had a 2.7 with steel bumpers/bash plates or tow package, the spring rate would be set accordingly for weight and workload.
Out of curiosity, is your OBX a 2.7 or 2.3?

I’ve been digging through Ford’s published front/total weights for different trims. It looks like a WT with the 2.7 but without full steel bash plates is about as close as I’ll get to a spring rate match on my 2.3 BD.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Out of curiosity, is your OBX a 2.7 or 2.3?

I’ve been digging through Ford’s published front/total weights for different trims. It looks like a WT with the 2.7 but without full steel bash plates is about as close as I’ll get to a spring rate match on my 2.3 BD.
My Outer Banks is a 2.7. I think you are on the right track calculating weight.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rip, do you know if the springs that came on your fox setup are the same as your FE? I’m trying to figure out if the springs are different from SAS bilstein and the fox setup.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rip, do you know if the springs that came on your fox setup are the same as your FE? I’m trying to figure out if the springs are different from SAS bilstein and the fox setup.
They definitely have different part numbers. Fox/King/etc. aftermarket shocks typically use a spring perch that is flat and their coil springs taper down to form a flat top/bottom. Sasquatch shocks are setup with an offset spring perch.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Brother I honestly don’t know the answer. I’m willing to climb under and try to take some measurements. I never had the Bilsteins disassembled.

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP - How does your ride height of new Fox 3.0 setup compare to your original factory coil overs with spacers? … Is it the same or higher or lower?

Last edited:

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im interested, but Im clueless With suspension’s

How much of an improvement would it be for my ‘21 2dr badlands with a virtually stock suspension

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im interested, but Im clueless With suspension’s

How much of an improvement would it be for my ‘21 2dr badlands with a virtually stock suspension
I am considering going this route with my Basesquatch, as I dont want to do more than a level. I have 37s on mine and have done a good bit off road with it. this is where the Fox shocks of the 3.0 will shine.

The larger diameter valves and pistons, plus more fluid capacity, will ride better and for longer without fading from heat. This is where I dont like the stock Bilstiens on mine, similar to yours.

With stock size and weight tires this will be less noticable, but with bigger wheels/tires the added weight will tax the valving on the Bilstiens. The Hoss 3.0 assembly is superior to the stock Bilstiens, and having been valved and spring rates computed by the factory for a tradeoff of on and off road comfort, im betting they ride better everywhere.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curiosity, why buy HOSS 3.0 takeoffs over getting fox live valving struts directly from FOX? Unless you got it for a good deal. It reminds me of the neutered rigid pod lights from ford performance not having the backlight, but for the same price you can get the same pod lights directly from rigid and have the backlight as well.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, why buy HOSS 3.0 takeoffs over getting fox live valving struts directly from FOX? Unless you got it for a good deal. It reminds me of the neutered rigid pod lights from ford performance not having the backlight, but for the same price you can get the same pod lights directly from rigid and have the backlight as well.
If the pricing is correct, it looks like it is about half the cost of Fox Coilovers, Plus most likely will need upper A arms as well.

But the biggest for me is, it doesnt lift the vehicle, like the Fox Coil overs which can be adjusted, but i believe will be a minimum of 2" on the front from stock. Im thinking of the 3.0 and a level kit for the front and Im good. We will see.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the pricing is correct, it looks like it is about half the cost of Fox Coilovers, Plus most likely will need upper A arms as well.

But the biggest for me is, it doesnt lift the vehicle, like the Fox Coil overs which can be adjusted, but i believe will be a minimum of 2" on the front from stock. Im thinking of the 3.0 and a level kit for the front and Im good. We will see.
New upper A-arms are only apparently needed for two reasons, if you have a substantial lift, or if you want the bling.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brother I honestly don’t know the answer. I’m willing to climb under and try to take some measurements. I never had the Bilsteins disassembled.
If you have the chance and the time I would love a much more detailed comparison between your FE Bilsteins and the HOSS 3.0. I have a fully loaded Badlands and the only reason I am considering the Fox is because as soon as the Bronco is loaded with camping gear, I bottom out all the time going fast offroad. There is not enough compression resistance.

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice to know this setup works. I was in a similar situation with a non-Sasquatch Outer Banks and ended up going with Icon CDEV coilovers for the same reasons.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just read about that a few minutes ago. I understand the hardtop, but why are they pulling SAS orders? Is it suspension parts, or the commodities issue with the Goodyear tires?

Suddenly, I feel guilty for taking delivery recently.
You got an Everglades. Feel no guilt and enjoy.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still curious regarding which commodity in the SAS suspension package is causing the issue. I’m going with tires…
Sponsored