First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
The stock UCAs are actually some of the best I've seen from the factory. They have a lot of clearance and range of motion. They were designed from the start to support 35s, so they had to be decent to begin with.
Mine still allowed alignment specs at 26.5 inches center axle to metal fender and I'm at 29.75 inches full droop and not maxing out the ball joint. Certainly lots of reasons to upgrade, but a these aren't the crap UCAs that come on a lot of vehicles.
are the UCAs the same across all lines of bronco models? Ex im a 2021 base owner.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Rip

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

are the UCAs the same across all lines of bronco models. Ex im a base owner.
I think they are all the same, but I've not actually looked up part numbers based on VINs to verify that.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rip
Looks great. This was my original plan for my 21 Non-SAS BL. Was waiting for some of the take-off to come around but haven't seen any besides the set you bought, yet.

Out of curiosity, why buy HOSS 3.0 takeoffs over getting fox live valving struts directly from FOX? Unless you got it for a good deal. It reminds me of the neutered rigid pod lights from ford performance not having the backlight, but for the same price you can get the same pod lights directly from rigid and have the backlight as well.
Regular coil-overs from Fox are un-obtainable.
The HOSS 3.0 are internal bypass 2.0" shocks, so they would be an advantage in ride quality over the standard operation 2.5" shocks that they sell. The standard coil-overs would be height adjustable, if you were looking for more lift.

Live-valve stuff (Braptor) needs to be integrated into the vehicles computers along with position sensors on the suspension. Someone could possibly do it, but it would be a ton of work.

• Love
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, '20 Gladiator Rubicon, '15 JKUR, '05 LJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad your happy with how they turned out. BTW, I never thought about spring rates vs 2-4dr, towing etc when I listed them. FYI, these were off of a 2dr, 2.7 no tow package.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad your happy with how they turned out. BTW, I never thought about spring rates vs 2-4dr, towing etc when I listed them. FYI, these were off of a 2dr, 2.7 no tow package.
All is well that ends well! It rides great! Thank you again my friend!

Sponsored

BachBuiltOffRoad

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BachBuiltOffRoad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks/ Badlands on order 7/9/21
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thanks for the thread. I have the Hoss 3.0 package on my soon to be built bronco. They are 2.5" fox shocks, right? Also, the upper control arms on these things look like a weak link. I'll have to see if RPG is making any for the Bronco. Thanks again for sharing!

Hello, in our experience selling the FOX 2.5 Elite series with our kits, there are some differences then the HOSS 3.0. Mainly, the 2.5's provide slightly more lift to accommodate a 37" tire and they have the outside adjusters for dampening.

Since we specialize in offering these complete suspension kits, we also make a very high quality Billet UCA's and rear links that take away any weak links from the factory part. I also did a video on this showing the difference. (pics below)
We have them in black or clear anodized finish and ready to ship!

Feel free to contact or message with any other questions, always glad to help!

-Dustin
www.BachBuiltOffRoad.com

7C5E21F5-4089-4442-9E6D-EBDF3D6B288D.jpeg

79E6F8C9-EDB0-4EC9-B8F6-EF69A33B3359.JPG

IMG_6072.jpg

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bottom line up front: Success and huge improvement over (spacer) Hitachi suspension.

5FD140C9-7082-492E-9F18-4F0137F7ED47.jpeg

8500C2D0-0EC3-4827-B2D8-ABD3FB90F6FB.jpeg

I’m a First Edition/OuterBanks owner so I knew firsthand that the ride quality of the Outer Banks with spacers front/rear and 35’s was not as good as the Hoss 2.0 Bilsteins on the F.E. I purchased my second Bronco used and got a great deal. It’s a 2021 Outer Banks with a spacer lift font/back and Nitto Ridge Grapplers (35 x 12.5 x 18 LT).

For newcomers to lifts/tires, the Bronco’s come with individual spring setups based on packages/weight etc. Outer Banks supposedly has a more cushioned spring rate. You can easily put a spacer or similar to lift and clear 35” tires. However, something to consider is that the Hitachis on my Outer Banks are paired with smaller wheel/tire packages. When you have a heavier tire like mine has, the suspension is handling that weight being bumped and dropped constantly. Couple that to my spacer lift, my ride quality was fine enough but not like the First Edition setup. The more you dig into these, you do realize the level of specification that went into the drive train and suspension packages. Do your homework on the forum, there are some smart resources here.

9BBA7D8C-B32A-421B-84B0-2730CC8856DA.jpeg

4DB23664-0199-4E80-ACF1-0DC3ECA23E38.jpeg

I bought the Fox coilovers (Hoss 3.0) from an amazing member here on the forum. They came off of a brand new Wildtrak. Something to note…because the springs are specific to the Trim, Engine, Trailer Package, etc. the “ideal”scenario is to have a “similar” equipped Bronco to the donor Wildtrak or if you are ordering new parts from Ford. Not a deal killer…but recommended.

DD304C61-BB91-4CE5-BD36-37B519C7E1CB.jpeg

59EE7640-7184-496E-B75D-0C9B711164D4.jpeg

046C7758-3F8C-46C0-9813-32212E1E4702.jpeg

BE369B3E-26BF-45C1-89C0-5DB0F0464475.jpeg

My dealership was happy to do the suspension swap/alignment and a procedure that took two technicians according to their instructions from Ford.

One small thing to note is that the portal bolt (my word) at the bottom of the Fox strut is slightly different than the Hitachi. The hitachi bolt works fine but we are ordering the Hoss 3.0 bolts. My technician mentioned that this would allow for a perfect alignment. I will post part numbers when I get them.

47AA0C08-8EE5-47AD-8937-2829CE1139DF.jpeg

AC6DDC8A-0B54-4DD4-AE9E-975085543E36.jpeg

71A27A84-0808-4A61-A1B2-1BCC2ACF87CC.jpeg

A31679C4-08B0-463D-A916-4BD989E38C73.jpeg

It was IMMEDIATELY obvious what an improvement over my spaced Hitachis the Fox shocks were. I can say with certainty that It also rides better on the highway than my First Edition. I love the Hoss 2.0 Bilsteins but Fox soaks up the road. I’ll update with off pavement feedback when possible.

There are other guys on the forum currently working on solving the Hoss 3.0 steering rack and creating a guide for others. I figured I would step up on the suspension side of things and take one for the team. For the sake of science and all.

Also of use, perhaps…the front Fox shocks (out of the box) by themselves measure 23 inches long for the front ones and measure 26 inches long for the rear ones.

I hope this helps someone!

Rip sends
Is that OBX running on a 3.73 Gear Ratio? How does it ride with 35s on it?

Last edited:

Eruption_OBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 1997 SC300 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the tread I was waiting for.

I'm glad this was a straightforward swap for you. Got a couple questions, though.

-Does it ride better enough (compared to the Bilsteins on your FE) over bumps in the road to warrant spending $3k all in for the swap if you were to do it on the FE?
-Can i use my stock springs on my Sasquatch OBX and just buy the shocks?

I'm looking for more on-road comfort.

Kind Regards

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is that OBX running on a 3.73 Gear Ratio? How does it ride with 35s on it?
Yes it is. It rides perfectly fine with the 35s. The funny thing is that I am getting better gas mileage in the Outer Banks.

OP
OP
Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is the tread I was waiting for.

I'm glad this was a straightforward swap for you. Got a couple questions, though.

-Does it ride better enough (compared to the Bilsteins on your FE) over bumps in the road to warrant spending $3k all in for the swap if you were to do it on the FE?
-Can i use my stock springs on my Sasquatch OBX and just buy the shocks?

I'm looking for more on-road comfort.

Kind Regards
Great question, and I can give you a definitive answer on 1 of 2 questions. Do I perceive a $3k difference over Bilsteins on the F.E.? No, definitely no. It is noticeably better, but not $3k better if your primary motivation is just highway or around town driving. Now I would definitely say it is worth it to upgrade from the Hitachi shocks. As far as using the same springs, I would be tempted to say yes but I truly don't know (I haven't measured for a difference). Practically speaking, (other than spring rate) I cannot imagine manufacturing different width springs just for one trim level suspension.

Sponsored

Eruption_OBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 1997 SC300 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate the feedback, good sir. Guess I'll be keeping my Bilsteins for the time being.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great question, and I can give you a definitive answer on 1 of 2 questions. Do I perceive a $3k difference over Bilsteins on the F.E.? No, definitely no. It is noticeably better, but not $3k better if your primary motivation is just highway or around town driving. Now I would definitely say it is worth it to upgrade from the Hitachi shocks. As far as using the same springs, I would be tempted to say yes but I truly don't know (I haven't measured for a difference). Practically speaking, (other than spring rate) I cannot imagine manufacturing different width springs just for one trim level suspension.
Just a point of clarification - the Hitachi springs are different. @Tricky Dick discovered the difference recently.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I missed jumping on that set because I was on my honeymoon…this settles it, I’m ordering a set of these instead of the Ford Performance lift. Can you share the part number of those portal bolts when you get it?

One last question - think shock mount skids like these will still clear those rear reservoirs?

Thanks for posting!

My JCR Shock skids meant for Bilstein fit, but barely. Might be rubbing the reservoir. Yours look more open them mine so i would guess yes.

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wilco on the bolt part #. I’m not home today but I will try to get some closer measurements/pictures for you to answer the skids question.
Any additional thoughts 5 months in? Can you also share the bolt part #?

Exekious

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is an interesting thread. I have a non-sas OBX w/towing and 2.3l. Now I wonder if I buy HOSS 3.0 take off from a V6 wildtrack what I need to do to compensate weight wise? Seems like a great upgrade.
Sponsored