Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The HOSS 3.0 Fox’s are soft in the rear… It squatted a lot for me on acceleration in Sport and would even bottom out hitting it hard, especially after adding LOD rear bumper/tire carrier. This in-turn impacts cornering/leaning in turns as well. Add any weight whatsoever and it floats around like an old Cadillac and you’re constantly riding in the stiffer part of the progressive spring.

Adjustable coilovers are the best option. My ADS fixed the squat and made it more planted, but I can adjust that feel too. I can easily adjust height and compression on my ADS for a more level or raked look, as well as increase the compression for added weight or more spirited off-roading. This works great for camping trips where I’m loading up 300-400 lbs of gear and I can just bump up the rear 5-6 clicks. Yet, I still get amazing flex.
IMG_7907.jpeg
IMG_7904.jpeg

However, if you’re not needing that level of performance, I‘ve read a spacer in rear and spring perch in front is best. You need to keep the geometry the same in the front via the perches, or with a small spacer/perch combo like the new Zone I believe does So you don’t exceed the allowable droop. Then the rear can handle the spacer and get you extra travel, it can handle the droop. But, you can’t just add a spacer in rear, that will cause a ton of rake and throw off the handling. Perches in the rear are fine too, but don’t gain you anything and with either of these you’re messing with the “sweet spot” Of the Fox’s. Eibach was coming out with HD springs, but I believe they also lift, and Dobinson had some heavier springs that were supposed to work, but I think they also lifted. Might check them out.

A lot of people say they can’t feel a difference in ride with the spring perches, and maybe their butt-o-meter is different than mine… However, given the progressive rates and how sensitive they are in their tuning, I didn’t see how I wouldn’t notice given what I experienced with the added armor weight. You’re going to be out of their “sweet spot”.

Even with playing with the coil over height and compression on my ADS, I can tell a difference in how the Bronco steers and handles. It handles best with at least a little rake given how Ford designed it, at least to me, and I run mine with only .25-.5 rake, but I can tune this at anytime with my setup…
You can't go wrong with an ADS Suspension setup on these. Especially since we take the time to get you build specs and weights and make sure you get the right spring rates out of the box the first time.
https://shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com/product/productads-arizona-desert-shocks-bronco1296/
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really need to look into these. I find myself taking out the Jeep with my group far more than the Bronco.
Yes you do. Let us know when you are ready to chat. I've had several Jeeps that I have built over the years. My Bronco does everything any of my Jeeps have done but with more comfort. I loved my Jeeps. Not a Jeep hater at all. I still love Jeeps. I bought my Bronco as a filler vehicle but the more I build it, the more I realize it is the most comfortable and capable vehicle I have owned. It checks all of the boxes so I have kept it longer than I expected and have no plans of getting rid of it any time soon.

hold24

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F250 limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone take a picture of the bottom side of one of the spacers, I’m curious if they have corrected the orientation of recesses where the bolt head goes in, I’ve seen pictures of them split because they had one of the hex points to the outside causing it to have very little material between the hex and the outer portion of the spacer.

My kit is sitting in my garage, interested to see the results of yours!

aspen71

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a bad case of "decision fatigue" now for lifting my 23 Wildtrak... I'm configuring it for higher speed desert use, but don't necessarily want to abandon the Fox internal bypass shocks that I paid for as part of the Hoss 3.0 setup. I was all in on the Eibach springs , and then the Zone 2.25 setup, but also the RC lift seems interesting too.

In terms of the RC lift, isn't it really a spacer lift? My concern is issues with full extension and decreased travel... or does the RC kit somehow eliminate that concern? Also, do you get a true 2.5 inches and enough to run 37's at full flex? Genuinely curious on how to get more clearance without dropping $6K on aftermarket coilovers and there seems to be no real good options.

And for what it's worth, I will eventually invest in a coilover system like ADS, Fox or King; it's just hard to justify right now. I know it's the correct way in the long term, but I need to reign in my spending for now.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a bad case of "decision fatigue" now for lifting my 23 Wildtrak... I'm configuring it for higher speed desert use, but don't necessarily want to abandon the Fox internal bypass shocks that I paid for as part of the Hoss 3.0 setup. I was all in on the Eibach springs , and then the Zone 2.25 setup, but also the RC lift seems interesting too.

In terms of the RC lift, isn't it really a spacer lift? My concern is issues with full extension and decreased travel... or does the RC kit somehow eliminate that concern? Also, do you get a true 2.5 inches and enough to run 37's at full flex? Genuinely curious on how to get more clearance without dropping $6K on aftermarket coilovers and there seems to be no real good options.

And for what it's worth, I will eventually invest in a coilover system like ADS, Fox or King; it's just hard to justify right now. I know it's the correct way in the long term, but I need to reign in my spending for now.
All of them will need a max tire clearance kit to run 37’s.
I Considered Eibach springs but not a lot of lift provided and I’m not weighed down to justify the rougher ride.
Body lift is a great option but I had too much trouble finding someone who could fabricate some bumper relocation brackets.
I went with Zones 2.25 kit due to their affiliation with Fox and I didn’t want to replace the stock Fox shocks. 🤞

aspen71

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All of them will need a max tire clearance kit to run 37’s.
I Considered Eibach springs but not a lot of lift provided and I’m not weighed down to justify the rougher ride.
Body lift is a great option but I had too much trouble finding someone who could fabricate some bumper relocation brackets.
I went with Zones 2.25 kit due to their affiliation with Fox and I didn’t want to replace the stock Fox shocks. 🤞
Yeah, I keep coming back to that too if for no other reason it draws a balance between the spacer versus perch collar argument. I did call Zone and it turns out they'll sell the kit itself for just over $200 without their UCA's so I might do that and order the Icon UCA's to at least be done with that for when I upgrade to a coilover setup over the next year or two. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

SixEighty680

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS, Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Buy once cry once. Can't beat ADS especially in go fast. Let me know if we can help or answer any questions. We have had several customers purchase an ADS kit from us and ditch (sell) the fox shocks to recoup some of the cost. Every one of those customers has been super pleased.

Here is our Ford Bronco Kit from ADS
https://shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com/product/productads-arizona-desert-shocks-bronco1296/
Sponsored