Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn’t the HOSS 3.0 system also have a Raptor steering rack?
Yes. I’m specifically looking at the shocks though, because I’m not wheeling it hard enough anytime soon to worry about that. My tie rods will break first and they’re cheap 😂😂
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question mark on the spring was due to not having a specific VIN to pull from. Those are the ones Ford currently has listed as possibilities. I've asked around but have not been able to find any information that listed an engineering/part number to a specific rate for each spring.

OP
OP
Hedrock

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The question mark on the spring was due to not having a specific VIN to pull from. Those are the ones Ford currently has listed as possibilities. I've asked around but have not been able to find any information that listed an engineering/part number to a specific rate for each spring.
I assume separate part numbers means they ship separately, so a spring compressor will be needed?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume separate part numbers means they ship separately, so a spring compressor will be needed?
Springs usually come to us unpackaged, shocks/struts come in a box. When we do a suspension for someone they're assembled units that ship in the box the shock came in. The shop manual shows the top retainer clocked a specific way using the bottom shock mount as the linear reference point. My suggestion for both safety and getting them right the fist time, take the stuff to a suspension shop and let them do the assembly. May save some headaches if you're doing the swap.

OP
OP
Hedrock

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Springs usually come to us unpackaged, shocks/struts come in a box. When we do a suspension for someone they're assembled units that ship in the box the shock came in. The shop manual shows the top retainer clocked a specific way using the bottom shock mount as the linear reference point. My suggestion for both safety and getting them right the fist time, take the stuff to a suspension shop and let them do the assembly. May save some headaches if you're doing the swap.
Sounds good. Any competent shop, or would you say only a Ford dealer?

Really appreciate the input here.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds good. Any competent shop, or would you say only a Ford dealer?

Really appreciate the input here.
I'd do dealer or shop that specializes in suspension/alignment. Dealer might be picky if you bring parts that didn't come from them or decline to do the work all together. All depends if you've got a decent relationship with them.

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd do dealer or shop that specializes in suspension/alignment. Dealer might be picky if you bring parts that didn't come from them or decline to do the work all together. All depends if you've got a decent relationship with them.
My dealership will price match parts prices that I show them from other online Ford dealers. That might be a good option if you have them also do the install.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the 2023 2-door Wildtrak come standard with the Hoss 3.0? I ask because using the Ford builder online it’s already selected and included.

I’m asking because if that’s true , all we’d have to do is search inventory of 2023 2-door Wildtrak to get a VIN to look up.

I searched the forum last week because I wanted to know the same thing the OP does and found a screenshot from supposedly a 2-door shocks and springs and it came out to around $2700. So about a grand more than the Ford Performance Bilstein kit.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the 2023 2-door Wildtrak come standard with the Hoss 3.0? I ask because using the Ford builder online it’s already selected and included.

I’m asking because if that’s true , all we’d have to do is search inventory of 2023 2-door Wildtrak to get a VIN to look up.

I searched the forum last week because I wanted to know the same thing the OP does and found a screenshot from supposedly a 2-door shocks and springs and it came out to around $2700. So about a grand more than the Ford Performance Bilstein kit.
Yes all 2023 WT have hoss 3.0.

That is what I did for my 4 door, just searched dealer stock for window sticker/vin.

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well here’s a VIN for a 2-door if someone would please provide me with the PNs.

VIN: 1FMDE5CP1PLA80082

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These Hoss 3.0 shocks would probably have less travel then the non SAS Badlands Bilsteins. I’m sure they ride better though.

OP
OP
Hedrock

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went to my local parts department yesterday and came up with these part numbers. I gave them a vin from a 23 WT, 4dr 2.7 auto and the rear springs came up 5560-B. I also gave tried a vin with same as before but with tow package and it showed 5560-A. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20230110-164907~2.png
Finally got down to my local Ford store and they couldn’t even pull a few of the part numbers -gives me a bit of concern about going this route.

For the rears, they also pulled some other stuff - bushings and isolators. I need to dig out my quote but I’m concerned those shock absorber assemblies don’t include the top pieces (cap?) to compress the spring.

Did you make any further progress with them?

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got down to my local Ford store and they couldn’t even pull a few of the part numbers -gives me a bit of concern about going this route.

For the rears, they also pulled some other stuff - bushings and isolators. I need to dig out my quote but I’m concerned those shock absorber assemblies don’t include the top pieces (cap?) to compress the spring.

Did you make any further progress with them?
Here's what I found from Lakeland Ford's Parts website search by the VIN above:

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? 1674161835286

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 part numbers/cost? 1674161835286
@flip,

Are there any additional components that you can see needed for this swap? Like the spring perch and mounting plates pictured above?

My parts department didn't seem too knowledgeable when it came to swapping these parts. He did confirm the part numbers I brought in to him based on vin #'s were correct. The description for the struts says "shock absorber assembly", which I just assumed meant it was the complete assembly minus the spring.
Sponsored