First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You spend your days on Facebook griping about tie rod ends and cupholders.

While posts like this latest one from @Bmadda keep me up at night.

We are not the same.

Really appreciate the work you guys have put into this so far and keeping fingers crossed that a workable solution is found soon.
Lmao reminds me of the recent post from a guy with the heavy duty bumper that has a scuff and was all worried about how to correct it. Who cares about a scuff on a steel bumper? And the bitching about cup holders, vents, and other stuff like that is ridiculous. Buy an explorer, expedition, or a luxury "off roader" from another manufacturer. The Bronco bitching is insane. Then again, I'm satisfied with a '96 F150 XLT regular cab truck, so maybe some of us just accept that compromises ruin a purpose built vehicle.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lmao reminds me of the recent post from a guy with the heavy duty bumper that has a scuff and was all worried about how to correct it. Who cares about a scuff on a steel bumper? And the bitching about cup holders, vents, and other stuff like that is ridiculous. Buy an explorer, expedition, or a luxury "off roader" from another manufacturer. The Bronco bitching is insane. Then again, I'm satisfied with a '96 F150 XLT regular cab truck, so maybe some of us just accept that compromises ruin a purpose built vehicle.
I agree with you for the most part but You might also consider the fact that other equivalent vehicles have features like that (aka Wrangler has good working rear AC vents and cupholders).

In addition, even though you're correct about armor being scratched, it's still a big pill to swallow to spend a few thousand dollars and be shipped something with flaws. Just because something may get damaged later by you, doesn't mean you want to start out with it already damaged.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These HD Steering Racks as of this morning are on Back Order.

Has anyone installed this Rack with success yet?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a part number
For just the tie rods on the hoss3.0
Inners are NB3Z-3280-C outers are NB3Z-3A130-B (RH) and NB3Z-3A130-C (LH)

Gamekeeper

Base
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 base 2 door bronco / 22 xl f150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you sure both inners are the same? Or is one a c and one a d?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't know why you're stuck on certifications, testing, or warranties, when I already said in my previous post ford doesn't need to warranty any of this.

I also don't care that ford hasn't tested this upgrade, all i'm asking is why they can't simply release the baseline specs so BigMeat and his dealer can test the upgrade for Ford and see if it works.

I think your problem is you're stuck thinking like a company man whose afraid of being sued, and that ain't no way to live my friend.
I agree with you. If Ford wants to compete in Jeep world, they need to find a way to allow for modifications - even when the software will require changing.

This would not be an issue if it was a Wrangler SFA.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure both inners are the same? Or is one a c and one a d?
Inners are the same. Standard duty inners are also the same on both sides.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You spend your days on Facebook griping about tie rod ends and cupholders.

While posts like this latest one from @Bmadda keep me up at night.

We are not the same.

Really appreciate the work you guys have put into this so far and keeping fingers crossed that a workable solution is found soon.
For the record my wheeling trip went perfectly. No mechanical malfunction on the Bronco of any kind. I DID do some technical trails, and it really helped me gain confidence in this truck! I still wana complete the upgrade tho, as I think it will improve the long term durability. A couple folks I talked to raised the question of the Bronco's steering being it's alleged "weak link", and I told them about my beefier tie rod swap, and plan to upgrade the rack as well, but waiting on software. They at least thought it was cool that Ford had released an upgrade this soon in the game. Typically Jeep would just allow the aftermarket to take over. I did a trip writeup here:

Thread '1st wheeling trip, all went great, but have questions?' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/1st-wheeling-trip-all-went-great-but-have-questions.53336/

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with you. If Ford wants to compete in Jeep world, they need to find a way to allow for modifications - even when the software will require changing.

This would not be an issue if it was a Wrangler SFA.
It's not the SFA, it's the fact that Jeeps still use "manual" steering instead of electrical so they don't need any programming.

As soon as Jeep switches to electrical to save on mpg, You're probably going to run into the same situation.

It's no secret the Bronco is more technical than the Wrangler.... But it's a double edge sword for sure.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's not the SFA, it's the fact that Jeeps still use "manual" steering instead of electrical so they don't need any programming.

As soon as Jeep switches to electrical to save on mpg, You're probably going to run into the same situation.

It's no secret the Bronco is more technical than the Wrangler.... But it's a double edge sword for sure.
Yeah, but replacing the tie rod and drag link with a more heavy duty one would not necessitate reprogramming. It’s the IFS steering rack that requires the programming.

Either way, if you choose to compete with Rack and Pinion and IFS, then programmable modularity for components require a beef up is a competitive requirement.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but replacing the tie rod and drag link with a more heavy duty one would not necessitate reprogramming. It’s the IFS steering rack that requires the programming.

Either way, if you choose to compete with Rack and Pinion and IFS, then programmable modularity for components require a beef up is a competitive requirement.
wouldn't you add the electrical assist to the steering box in a Wrangler? not the tie rod and drag link. if jeep added assist and safety features to the steering box, there's a chance it would require reprogramming to replace with a heavy duty option.

in the Bronco you can replace the tie rods without reprogramming.
Sponsored