Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like physical install today and programming tomorrow! @NORCALGXP I think you will still be on a ⛱ beach vacation!
Great news for you, I saw it as an opportunity for me to see how it's done. Yes still on the beach, home Saturday. I call you then.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My rack should arrive tomorrow. I am looking forward to this...

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My rack should arrive tomorrow. I am looking forward to this...
Keep us updated, mine should be delivered next week. Thanks

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello again Bronco fans! I have good news today. I was correct in my previous post that I recieved a defective rack. I got it's replacement today and installed/programmed it and it works flawlessly w/no error codes in ANY modules! Mine is a 2dr BL 2.3/7mt for reference, and I have only standard options, so my procedure may be complicated by a higher option package, but since @BigMeatsBronco has a fully loaded FE I'm sure workarounds can be had. Here's the simplest procedure I could come up with:

Before you start, connect a battery charger, and make sure the laptop, etc you use for forscan/FDRS is fully charged. If you have installed the new Ford performance tune, or any custom tune, return to stock before starting. If you have recalibrated tire size/gear, return that to original values. Then open forscan and connect to the vehicle as normal. Forscan always asks to save a profile, but this time you really should, and rename it something you will remember...you WILL need it! Once you have done that (WITHOUT disconnecting forscan), unplug your PCM and AWD module. Now go into programming BodyCM in forscan (not asbuilt, just BodyCM configuration). Scroll all the way to the bottom to find three lines labeled VIN. Edit them to change them to the WT 3.0 donor vin we are going to use. Check and double check that all digits are correct, then hit write. Your vehicle is gonna be dinging and bonging and throwing up all kinds of error messages...just ignore. Now if you haven't installed your 3.0 rack yet plug it into the harness, if you went ahead and installed it you are ready for the next step. Close forscan, making sure it has released the J2534 device, and open FDRS. Have FDRS read the vin and make sure it matches your donor vin. I always have to disconnect from the vehicle to get FDRS to download vin info...maybe you won't have that problem, but if you do, just unplug the device from the computer for a second while it downloads, and decodes. Next in toolbox find PSCM>PMI, and download. Plug the J2534 back in (if you had to unplug it before), and run PSCM PMI. Follow the on screen instructions, but when the dialog box asks if the original module is installed select NO. If the application finishes w/no errors you are almost home! PMI should take about 5-10 minutes, but believe me it felt like eternity! Anyhow, on to cleanup...make sure FDRS releases control of the J2534, and close FDRS. Reopen forscan. Forscan will not decode a vehicle w/a disconnected PCM, so when it tells you it can't communicate, it's not really telling you the truth, but that's what it will say, and should open a dialog box and ask you if you want to load a saved profile. Load the one we saved at the beginning. Back to programming, edit BodyCM (non asbuilt). All the way at the bottom of the list, edit the vin back to your own vin, the same way you did earlier. Hit write/verify vin is correct, then key off, plug in PCM and AWD, then back in forscan erase all codes in all modules (which there will be MANY). Now key off/back on and scan all for codes. If yours works out like mine you should be code free and have a working PSCM at this point. If you did this w/out the rack installed yet, and its getting late, you can still plug your original back in and install the rack another time, or if you have it in, its ready for the alignment rack! WOOHOO!

borat-great.gif
Awesome

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like physical install today and programming tomorrow! @NORCALGXP I think you will still be on a ⛱ beach vacation!
Are you still working on this tomorrow (weds) ? Can I come over and watch/help?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you still working on this tomorrow (weds) ? Can I come over and watch/help?
Sure, not sure how this is going to go. I work from home so as soon as Mr. Bezos drops it off I'm rolling my work station to the garage(because my latop is windows 95).

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So it's in, I have power steering! I do have a steering fault that I can't clear with forscan so programming will happen next.

Facts the boot is bigger so tie rod swap will require using original boots.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT PXL_20221110_012844572

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT PXL_20221110_012839649

The take up that broke on my rack looks exactly the same, kind of disappointing.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT PXL_20221110_012933224

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT PXL_20221110_012919913

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT PXL_20221110_012924735

Money shot inside drives side, looks slightly improved.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT PXL_20221110_013910429

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep us updated, mine should be delivered next week. Thanks
mine showed up.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_20221109_163622
LOL the box is clown sized.

Congratulations Snacktime. How was the installation?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mine showed up.
LOL the box is clown sized.

Congratulations Snacktime. How was the installation?
Easy if you remove the driver side tie rod and the entire front differential bracket ( the bracket not the diff).

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its subjective, I think the bushing would have saved my rack. Hoss 3.0 rack is all around beefer just not bomb proof. I really need to take the two racks apart and do a comparison but I am not made of money or a YouTuber. I would say BroncBuster mods + stock rack are equal to the Hoss 3.0 rack at this time.

I need a go fund me 🤣 damn Bronco

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Easy if you remove the driver side tie rod and the entire front differential bracket ( the bracket not the diff).
We're you up all night working?

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its subjective, I think the bushing would have saved my rack. Hoss 3.0 rack is all around beefer just not bomb proof. I really need to take the two racks apart and do a comparison but I am not made of money or a YouTuber. I would say BroncBuster mods + stock rack are equal to the Hoss 3.0 rack at this time.

I need a go fund me 🤣 damn Bronco
It looks to me like the 3.0 rack is substantially beefier than the stock rack, is it not what you were hoping for?
Sponsored