Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So say you take your Bronco off road but otherwise stock (stock tires, no lift, etc)...if your rack breaks...is that a Warranty coverage?
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So say you take your Bronco off road but otherwise stock (stock tires, no lift, etc)...if your rack breaks...is that a Warranty coverage?
Yes. Off road use doesn't cancel a warranty. Modification can cancel a warranty, but not use. Only qualification to this is direct impact, they won't cover damage, just failure of the part. BTW, I worked at dealerships for 29 years and own an auto repair shop and do warranty work, only saying this to confirm my opinion isn't just a random internet comment. :)

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Poof and we are back on topic!

I have had 160 Abs code multiple times and on both my broncos when adding drive modes. Not surprised it showed up again when @mpeugeot flashed over everything in Forscan. I spent hours trying to get the 160 code to clear when my clock spring module was broken thinking the 160 code was the error.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have seen warranty denied due to dirt. It's ridiculous. Unless I shell the motor or transmission, I am definitely not counting on Ford to warranty shit. Also, I plan to detail the entire vehicle before ever trying to make a warranty claim.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm at 2500 miles, but the new car smell went away when my Irish Wolfhound Puppy took a massive dump in the back.
From experience, marine grade vinyl and wash out interior came in clutch with full blown stress colitis doggo diarrhea. Was also the first time I popped the front roof panels cause we were 45 minutes from home and needed to breathe.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have any insight as to if ford will actually release the programming for this and the M210 FDU so they can be direct swaps? Or were you guys talking about Forscan just not supporting the programming of this particular mod yet, and that's the reason you needed the FDRS program? I'm a bit of Neanderthal when it comes to computer programming these things, I don't want to ratfuck something by accident.

I have a 190 in mine and I plan to do the HOSS 3.0 and the M210 in the future but at the same time so I have plenty of room to work on everything. I'm just trying to figure out how to plan this to make it the easiest on me technology-wise.

Thanks

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have any insight as to if ford will actually release the programming for this and the M210 FDU so they can be direct swaps? Or were you guys talking about Forscan just not supporting the programming of this particular mod yet, and that's the reason you needed the FDRS program? I'm a bit of Neanderthal when it comes to computer programming these things, I don't want to ratfuck something by accident.

I have a 190 in mine and I plan to do the HOSS 3.0 and the M210 in the future but at the same time so I have plenty of room to work on everything. I'm just trying to figure out how to plan this to make it the easiest on me technology-wise.

Thanks
The Programming we're doing with FDRS is necessary because the Rack we're buying is a replacement part, Forscan is not able to do code installs, and likely never will be.

Since that part has to fit multiple vehicle designs, it doesn't have anything programmed into. This is so that the technician installing it can program it for the vehicle it goes in. The tricks everyone is doing with Forscan are necessary because FDRS is specifically designed to keep the technician from installing the wrong data in a module. If installing a new stock rack, you wouldn't have to go through most of what we've been doing, But it would still have to be programmed ("PMI"d) with FDRS.

Ford "Plans" to make the 3.0 Rack available as a "Ford Performance" upgrade, but it remains to be seen exactly how they are going to do the Programming on it when they do, I've heard suggestions that it could be done with a stand alone "Tuner" like the ProCal that is used to load the performance tune (I think that is most likely), But it could also be done as a FDRS install once supported. If they choose the latter, they'll probably expect the install and programming to be done by a Ford Dealer or Performance Shop.

It's been over a year since Ford announced it was coming (Sema 2021) and still no sign of an actual release.

For the Axle, I think you're going to want the "Ultimate Dana 44 FDU" Which will be coming from https://danaproparts.com/ . Like the Performance Rack Upgrade, It also still isn't ready. People installing the M210 right now are using a replacement part, just like the Rack. They also are facing some real challenges with getting the FAD (Front Axle Disconnect) out of the system, and some of them are actually zip tying the old FDU up out of the way and keeping it in the Bronco as a work around. I know IAG is working on a solution to that, and I'm sure other vendors are too.

Bottom Line, If you want to do the Axle and Steering rack at the same time, but don't want to go through a lot of programming acrobatics and work arounds, I don't think the parts are there yet.

There are a lot of smart guys in this thread though, someone else might have some better thoughts/ideas.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Programming we're doing with FDRS is necessary because the Rack we're buying is a replacement part, Forscan is not able to do code installs, and likely never will be.

Since that part has to fit multiple vehicle designs, it doesn't have anything programmed into. This is so that the technician installing it can program it for the vehicle it goes in. The tricks everyone is doing with Forscan are necessary because FDRS is specifically designed to keep the technician from installing the wrong data in a module. If installing a new stock rack, you wouldn't have to go through most of what we've been doing, But it would still have to be programmed ("PMI"d) with FDRS.

Ford "Plans" to make the 3.0 Rack available as a "Ford Performance" upgrade, but it remains to be seen exactly how they are going to do the Programming on it when they do, I've heard suggestions that it could be done with a stand alone "Tuner" like the ProCal that is used to load the performance tune (I think that is most likely), But it could also be done as a FDRS install once supported. If they choose the latter, they'll probably expect the install and programming to be done by a Ford Dealer or Performance Shop.

It's been over a year since Ford announced it was coming (Sema 2021) and still no sign of an actual release.

For the Axle, I think you're going to want the "Ultimate Dana 44 FDU" Which will be coming from https://danaproparts.com/ . Like the Performance Rack Upgrade, It also still isn't ready. People installing the M210 right now are using a replacement part, just like the Rack. They also are facing some real challenges with getting the FAD (Front Axle Disconnect) out of the system, and some of them are actually zip tying the old FDU up out of the way and keeping it in the Bronco as a work around. I know IAG is working on a solution to that, and I'm sure other vendors are too.

Bottom Line, If you want to do the Axle and Steering rack at the same time, but don't want to go through a lot of programming acrobatics and work arounds, I don't think the parts are there yet.

There are a lot of smart guys in this thread though, someone else might have some better thoughts/ideas.
Yea that's what it sounds like. I don't have any experience with Forscan so I am not sure of its capabilities. Right now my wife works at a Ford Dealer so I'm fine just waiting on the stuff. I'm still on 33s but I really want that M210/HOSS rack to make the entire thing as capable as possible. I wasn't able to order a bronco and picked mine up after someone abandoned it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I think that you explained it perfectly!

Nicely written.

That said, one possible way the programming could be delivered is via a USB stick, but I suspect ProCal will be required... mostly because they can market it as a universal performance tool part.

Even if VIN locked, if it had FDRS functionality, they would probably sell a lot more of them. Ford is missing an opportunity here to sell many more ProCals by simply enabling FDRS functionality that was VIN locked.

Sponsored

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that you explained it perfectly!

Nicely written.

That said, one possible way the programming could be delivered is via a USB stick, but I suspect ProCal will be required... mostly because they can market it as a universal performance tool part.

Even if VIN locked, if it had FDRS functionality, they would probably sell a lot more of them. Ford is missing an opportunity here to sell many more ProCals by simply enabling FDRS functionality that was VIN locked.
That makes the most sense really. Plug and play, what options, click click, load, rock n roll. As easy as the Wrangler guys have it, Ford needs to make it that easy, it certainly doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, but I have no clue about what programming like that takes. Mopar seems to be a little more open to performance stuff though.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. Off road use doesn't cancel a warranty. Modification can cancel a warranty, but not use. Only qualification to this is direct impact, they won't cover damage, just failure of the part. BTW, I worked at dealerships for 29 years and own an auto repair shop and do warranty work, only saying this to confirm my opinion isn't just a random internet comment. :)
I get that is how normal warranty works, but there have been several posts with people that have been denied warranty (non-rack related) because the dealer "found dirt".

We'll see.. I'm still undecided which route I'm going to take. I think if Bronco Buster's solution was cheaper...it would be a no brainer...but it's $1,200 and you guys are basically getting the HOSS rack cheaper (subtracting the core).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get that is how normal warranty works, but there have been several posts with people that have been denied warranty (non-rack related) because the dealer "found dirt".

We'll see.. I'm still undecided which route I'm going to take. I think if Bronco Buster's solution was cheaper...it would be a no brainer...but it's $1,200 and you guys are basically getting the HOSS rack cheaper (subtracting the core).
might even be able to sell the stock rack for more than the core charge.

Although, with all the spare parts, I might as well build a sand rail.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a fake axle disconnect would be easier to make and sell. A plug in box of sorts.

I foresee M210 becoming a fairly common swap and easy to get once bronco start getting totaled for parts.

On a side note I wouldn't get rid of a factory rack. I see these becoming a common wear part at 100k miles. @mpeugeot will have to take pictures of the bushing to prove they are wearing. But most likely will become rebuildable at some point.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a fake axle disconnect would be easier to make and sell. A plug in box of sorts.

I foresee M210 becoming a fairly common swap and easy to get once bronco start getting totaled for parts.

On a side note I wouldn't get rid of a factory rack. I see these becoming a common wear part at 100k miles. @mpeugeot will have to take pictures of the bushing to prove they are wearing. But most likely will become rebuildable at some point.
Isn't that essentially what guys are doing now? Just hanging their old unit with zipties?

Honestly Ford needs to release these things as plug and play. It would really help vs wrangler in the market in my opinion anyway.

ETA: to me it's a package deal with the m210. I don't want to make one stronger without the other. And if I was going tovpick one, it'd be the steering over the diff. If I break a diff or an axle, I can winch myself out. If I break a steering rack it's kinda game over and I'll need a tow home. I carry extra tie rods as it is, so that's not my main concern at this point. But I intend on trying the Rubicon in 23 or 24 and would like to have the m210 and hoss 3.0 steering rack in... and 35s
Sponsored