Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I updated the TSB number (TSB 22-2255). Traction control hero button not working. Updating the ABS module software fixes it.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/10656/2-7l-...traction-control-switch-2021-2022-ford-bronco

1675320612270.png
Ah, thought I had lost my google-fu there for a minute lol
I wonder if the issue is that it won't acknowledge any changes on the display and TC is still enabled, or if it shows that it's been disabled but is actually still enabled. Had a bit of an issue with the TC/stability control in the sand a while back and even with everything disabled the ABS still interfered while driving. It really didn't like deep ruts in the sand and that constant crunchy ABS sound and loss of inertia from braking is really irritating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Info drop from 74Weld IG.

Those of you at KOH, check it out. Send pics.😁
This looks nice however the price is probably as ridiculous as their portals. Dorman will be releasing a similar heavy duty part as well as they've already been building aftermarket power steering racks for Fords for many years they have a lot of experience in this area. Of course the Dorman product will probably be a quarter the price as 74 welds and theirs will come with a calibration tool included

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks nice however the price is probably as ridiculous as their portals. Dorman will be releasing a similar heavy duty part as well as they've already been building aftermarket power steering racks for Fords for many years they have a lot of experience in this area. Of course the Dorman product will probably be a quarter the price as 74 welds and theirs will come with a calibration tool included

Exactly. 🤣🤣

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

N/M just realized the camera 2d is fooling my old @$$ eyes, they come on it... left the post so you could see my confusion... should really wear my readers....

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Anyone know if the upgraded HOSS 3.0 rack fixes the two weak areas mentioned in this video? Specifically, the bearing surface seen at 5:45 in the video above.. Seems to be the most common failure point. This would be the part that tends to explode on the driver side of the rack.

It seems to fix the passenger side housing exploding, but not sure on the driver side bearing surface.

Interestingly, the internals seem to be identical between all steering racks. It's purely a housing issue..

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if the upgraded HOSS 3.0 rack fixes the two weak areas mentioned in this video? Specifically, the bearing surface seen at 5:45 in the video above.. Seems to be the most common failure point. This would be the part that tends to explode on the driver side of the rack.

It seems to fix the passenger side housing exploding, but not sure on the driver side bearing surface.

Interestingly, the internals seem to be identical between all steering racks. It's purely a housing issue..
There is some additional webbing and reinforcement around all the typical failure points of the 2.0, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's enough to solve the problem. The 74Weld rack changes the way those forces are exerted onto the housing by spreading them out over a larger surface area, while the 3.0 retains the same contact surfaces as the 2.0 but with more gusseting/support built into the housing itself. Essentially, the 74Weld is addressing more of the underlying problem, while the 3.0 is just making the general areas that break a little stronger. There is likely merit in simply engineering some reinforcements to a stock rack so the failure points are properly supported, some kind of brace or welded reinforcements that span the housing and prevents these types of failures from happening.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is some additional webbing and reinforcement around all the typical failure points of the 2.0, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's enough to solve the problem. The 74Weld rack changes the way those forces are exerted onto the housing by spreading them out over a larger surface area, while the 3.0 retains the same contact surfaces as the 2.0 but with more gusseting/support built into the housing itself. Essentially, the 74Weld is addressing more of the underlying problem, while the 3.0 is just making the general areas that break a little stronger. There is likely merit in simply engineering some reinforcements to a stock rack so the failure points are properly supported, some kind of brace or welded reinforcements that span the housing and prevents these types of failures from happening.
Biggest difference between the hoss 3.0 rack and the 74weld rack is the hoss 3.0 exists, and the 74weld doesn't yet. According to thier video you are going to have to buy a hoss 3.0 rack anyway for them to build in thier housing. They aren't converting 2.0 cores. So everything we did in this thread your gonna have to do anyway. My only issue w/the 74weld rack in concept (other than the price, which I expected to be high), is the lack of adjustable preload. There is a reason EVERY street steering gear ever built has adjustable preload. Thier rack may very well be indestructible, but also unstreetable. I may be wrong tho, and it might feel just fine on road. Will be interested to see somebody actually install one!

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The motor is DEFINITELY bigger on the HOSS 3 rack.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Biggest difference between the hoss 3.0 rack and the 74weld rack is the hoss 3.0 exists, and the 74weld doesn't yet. According to thier video you are going to have to buy a hoss 3.0 rack anyway for them to build in thier housing. They aren't converting 2.0 cores. So everything we did in this thread your gonna have to do anyway. My only issue w/the 74weld rack in concept (other than the price, which I expected to be high), is the lack of adjustable preload. There is a reason EVERY street steering gear ever built has adjustable preload. Thier rack may very well be indestructible, but also unstreetable. I may be wrong tho, and it might feel just fine on road. Will be interested to see somebody actually install one!
All entirely true. Unless for some reason they're certain that their preload alternative is not going to be a concern in a daily driven environment, there really needs to be a street version of the housing offered from someone. I don't know about you guys, but if I'm having to disassemble a rack to replace a bushing every 10-20K miles (or however long it might be) for no other reason than to have the strongest possible rack offroad, I'd just as soon swap over to a hydro rack and deal with the electronics throwing a fit.

Maybe sometime in the future they'll adapt their base housing to 2.0 specs as well, for all we know there might be a street version with preload adjustment in the works. I'm considering sending my 3.0 out to them when they're ready to roll, I'd just like to have a few questions answered before I do.