First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The raptor inner stub that screws in is larger than the WT inners. Somewhere in one of these threads I measured the OAL and they were slightly different. Outers on raptor are straight while the others have the bend for clearance. I assume the raptor knuckle or spring/shock is positioned differently so there isn't an interference issue.

Raptor rack NB3Z-3504-B has a list price of $2,536.67. If the racks are physically the same dimensions, one has to wonder if the motor is any stronger or if the pulleys are different sizes to provide more torque. There's enough of a price difference between HOSS 3.0 and raptor, there almost has to be something different in the guts.
Either that or $600 of every Raptor rack sold goes to somebody's retirement fund. Not like we haven't seen that before!
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will disagree w/ya there...Sasquatch on 37s is yesterday's news (or a year ago's news). Modding IFS is highly challenging as opposed to our SFA counterparts...but man, are we making progress? After 35s it REALLY becomes a game of inches...I guess what really puzzles me about your post is why is it so important to you that Ford releases the 3.0 rack under the "Ford Performance" brand name? It's an OE part...just order one!
I think 37’s while moderate+ off roading has a higher chance of breaking stock parts. Not sure what’s challenging about this opinion.
i also think a lift over Sasquatch has a higher chance of breaking parts.

Bringing up the FP rack was in response to someone who posted that Ford wasn’t thinking about Oriole who want to modify their rigs with bigger tires and lift.
Ford thought far enough ahead to offer the bigger rack that any dealer can install, but for various reasons has yet been able to execute. That is why I brought it up.

People want a ford option. Ford wants a ford option.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will disagree w/ya there...Sasquatch on 37s is yesterday's news (or a year ago's news). Modding IFS is highly challenging as opposed to our SFA counterparts...but man, are we making progress? After 35s it REALLY becomes a game of inches...I guess what really puzzles me about your post is why is it so important to you that Ford releases the 3.0 rack under the "Ford Performance" brand name? It's an OE part...just order one!
I think 37’s while moderate+ off roading has a higher chance of breaking stock parts. Not sure what’s challenging about this opinion.
i also think a lift over Sasquatch has a higher chance of breaking parts.

Bringing up the FP rack was in response to someone who posted that Ford wasn’t thinking about Oriole who want to modify their rigs with bigger tires and lift.
Ford thought far enough ahead to offer the bigger rack that any dealer can install, but for various reasons has yet been able to execute. That is why I brought it up.

People want a ford option. Ford wants a ford option.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m following
I’ll either do 3.0 or weld

maybe flip a coin… but that’s what im thinking

as of now I have bushings and two spare inners
Headed to Moab with two other 2 door badlands + sas

I’m the only non stock tired person

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor inner and outers are cheaper than 3.0 which makes no sense.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

your statements are usually spot on, but this one is off a tad....there's no way ford ever imagined ahead of time that folks would wipe out the parts shelf that holds WT 3.0 racks. They weren't prepared, as usual.

and they DEFINITELY did not expect some folkers to figure out how to program a rack to work on a different bronco, ESPECIALLY when their own programs purposely blocks such a feat.

as far as Ford making money, that part is off too,

Ford would make far more $$$$ if 3.0 performance racks available for installation by the DEALERSHIP. this is still NOT possible. further proof Ford is slow and their Stealerships techs are NOT educated on this kind of modification.

the truth is that ford performance tech head gurus are slower than the non-genius consumer...
foolish mistakes like this could easily be avoided with proper management.

They should have been spending more time and money making HD components available, instead of teach folkers how to drive at the rodeos.
The dealers can install the FP rack, if Ford ever delivers.
that was my point

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either that or $600 of every Raptor rack sold goes to somebody's retirement fund. Not like we haven't seen that before!
Want to really cook your brain? NB3Z-3280-A is the raptor inner tie rod WITH boot and clamps and has a list price of $99.17. The tie rod by itself, NB3Z-3280-B has a list of $101.67. Someone please do the math for me.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealers can install the FP rack, if Ford ever delivers.
that was my point
I've asked a couple dealers about this and they 100% have no idea that there is even any customer interest in doing steering upgrades. It's not a job remotely on their radar screen. I think its a good job for us in the aftermarket.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Want to really cook your brain? NB3Z-3280-A is the raptor inner tie rod WITH boot and clamps and has a list price of $99.17. The tie rod by itself, NB3Z-3280-B has a list of $101.67. Someone please do the math for me.
200w.gif

Sponsored

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been wheeling my Fist Edition with 37s, Camburg and Fox suspension with no problems, but being pretty careful.

Now you can get the proper stronger Icon tie rods for less than the price of that silly BroncBuster block, and you can get the rack bushing for $50 from Rough Country that he tries to sell for $300 lmao. I feel for you guys that bought into his stuff!

I’ll be running the Icon tie rods and RC bushing, and also carry an extra $15 ranger spare tie rod. If and when I ever have a rack issue I’ll upgrade it then … having good driving skills is likely all that most of y’all will need to keep from blowing up your racks for the wheeling that you actually do …. Off to Moab again!

Last edited:

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been wheeling my Fist Edition with 37s, Camburg and Fox suspension with no problems, but being pretty careful.

Now you can get the proper stronger Icon tie rods for less than the price of that silly BroncBuster block, and you can get the rack bushing for $50 from Rough Country that he tries to sell for $300 lmao. I feel for you guys that bought into his stuff!

I’ll be running the Icon tie rods and RC bushing, and also carry an extra $15 ranger spare tie rod. If and when I ever have a rack issue I’ll upgrade it then … having good driving skills is likely all that most of y’all will need to keep from blowing up your racks for the wheeling that you actually do …. Off to Moab again!
Proper technique is a big part of any rigs survival, stopping when you start to bounce to avoid shock loading, keeping the wheels straight when going into something that could bind the CVs in droop, and not pushing the rig further when you do bind will all help, but with rigs that have a marginal setup like this, it's always going to be hard to know where those limits are.

Those of us trying to be moderate while wheeling will be the ones to find the practical limits and things that truly need to be upgraded, but it will take more time to find them this way.

The Gonzo test to failure approach used by BroncBuster is quicker, but going to have people replacing every part in the steering, because it will break every part in the steering, and true failure testing like that would require replacing every part in the steering after every failure, the current approach is leaving abused and fatigued parts in the mix, leading to false failures on the next test.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Proper technique is a big part of any rigs survival, stopping when you start to bounce to avoid shock loading, keeping the wheels straight when going into something that could bind the CVs in droop, and not pushing the rig further when you do bind will all help, but with rigs that have a marginal setup like this, it's always going to be hard to know where those limits are.

Those of us trying to be moderate while wheeling will be the ones to find the practical limits and things that truly need to be upgraded, but it will take more time to find them this way.

The Gonzo test to failure approach used by BroncBuster is quicker, but going to have people replacing every part in the steering, because it will break every part in the steering, and true failure testing like that would require replacing every part in the steering after every failure, the current approach is leaving abused and fatigued parts in the mix, leading to false failures on the next test.
Agreed … and remind me, how many times has that “BroncBuster” guy rolled his Broncos lol.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

THIS. Broncbuster is not valid scientific method to do failure analysis. Just a clever marketing scheme to reach many people and get them spun up.

Modding IFS is highly challenging as opposed to our SFA counterparts...but man, are we making progress?
the design envelope is tight but much progress has been made and will continue. It is perhaps a slower process than many would like to see but necessary for good results.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is NB3Z-3280-A called out as a kit in an official replacement procedure? They might be trying to encourage techs to replace all those parts to address a specific failure.. (Inner breaks and rips boot)
Sponsored