Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. A button would save 4 minutes every few weeks or so. And sure, it would be a luxury. But not a necessity. Totally agree with you that the 3.0 should be an option on the Badlands. I'd like to have a steel rear bumper, but also plan to replace it with aftermarket.
I'm going to ask the dealership if they will do an install of hoss 3.0 on a badlands...figure it cannot hurt to ask...then it's closer to a junior raptor...but it'll fit in my garage...lol
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm very interested in the beefed up steering , but have no interest in anything else that the $2,500 price tag comes.

Hopefully there are better fixes for cheaper to Ford's bad design.

What gets me is it for made a very conscious decision to go IFS and then they turn around and built it weak. WTFF

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to ask the dealership if they will do an install of hoss 3.0 on a badlands...figure it cannot hurt to ask...then it's closer to a junior raptor...but it'll fit in my garage...lol
Is that your current Toyota in your avatar pic? I had one for 10 years before the Jeep I had for almost ten years.

I miss it sometimes.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Suspension Bronco Wildtrak Brought Home Today! (Photos) IMG_5107

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn ok you got HOSS 3.0 right?
I was going by this

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Suspension Bronco Wildtrak Brought Home Today! (Photos) IMG_5107

but looks like when you add the modular front bumper you lose the powered coated rear steel bumper…interesting….just one more mod I will make because there are some good read steel bumpers out there…no big deal since the rear plastic bumper ain’t too bad looking.

do you see any other changes like did they throw you a full raptor LCD instrument cluster or hood gas struts? 😂

#dreams
That is a build and price change that happened after they closed the order banks. It looks like the 23 MY HOSS 3.0 will likely get the steel rear bumper in addition to the front. The 22.5 HOSS 3.0s get the plastic rear bumper. So we will see come august, and I am sure there will be many upset people.....

Sponsored
OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad to see you got the new ride Brent! I'm guessing it was less expensive than the "temporary" Wildtrak you got while waiting for that beauty to get built since you got it from Two Rivers. I'm sure I will see you cruising in the Bellevue/Franklin area soo bud!
Hey man. I missed your note until now. Yea I came out way ahead in the end. Got a fantastic deal on the new one and made some money on the old one. Never thought of cars as appreciating assets before. I've seen you around quite a bit (sometimes without my Bronco) and I'll make sure to wave next time!

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a build and price change that happened after they closed the order banks. It looks like the 23 MY HOSS 3.0 will likely get the steel rear bumper in addition to the front. The 22.5 HOSS 3.0s get the plastic rear bumper. So we will see come august, and I am sure there will be many upset people.....
So many good after market rear bumpers it’s hard to choose and many more coming!

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a nice looking rig you have there....

You may be used to manual sway bar connect and that's awesome...tha'ts all Jeep has...however, if I can get the HOSS installed for far better 'parts' and already have an auto sway bar disconnect in there along with a rock crawl mode, it's easier for my needs. I also really do not want a carpet flooring...I intend to get this thing wet and they should offer the MGV and floors with plugs on all the models, imho.

I love the HOSS but I lean more towards the Badlands 'easier to clean up' approach. The Raptor is my first choice, but the 3 inches on each side of the garage for getting in and out makes me nervous...
Jeep has push button sway bar disconnect too. It’s on the rubicons. I have it on my rubicon XR

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’d be interested in giving it a shot on my BL. Even at double markup these prices aren’t bad. $2500-ish be a set?
Wonder what the travel on these is compared to the Squatch Bilsteins?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder what the travel on these is compared to the Squatch Bilsteins?
Not sure. If it's the same as the WT, a BL has .6" more wheel travel.
Swapping these into another vehicle, say a BL or Non-3.0 WT, and the suspension height will be likely critical due to the inner bypass sleeve.
Still think it's work on any SAS equipped vehicle, possibly in a BL.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure. If it's the same as the WT, a BL has .6" more wheel travel.
Swapping these into another vehicle, say a BL or Non-3.0 WT, and the suspension height will be likely critical due to the inner bypass sleeve.
Still think it's work on any SAS equipped vehicle, possibly in a BL.
I agree - was wondering if it removes the bump stop limits of the SAS and gives you the .6” of Badlands articulation back.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anybody drove the wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs the badlands squash back to back yet? No reviews I have seen yet!

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say I’m really liking the latest option of hoss 3.0 on the wildtrak. I had a day three reservation and had a 2dr badlands Sasquatch lux on order. The delays pushed me to cancel and build the Jeep rubicon XR in 2021. After offroading it I found myself really wanting a 2dr for better clearance. Now that they have to top issues sorted and are offering the hoss 3.0 I’m putting a order in when they open back up in August. I never use the back seats. I plan on taking them out in the bronco and putting in a goose gear flat floor.

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody drove the wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs the badlands squash back to back yet? No reviews I have seen yet!
Not back to back, but I've owned a regular Wildtrak and now the hoss 3.0 Wildtrak. This isn't a very detailed review, but for on-road driving, my wife and I both notice a smoother ride on the hoss 3.0. I didn't notice a drastic difference, yet, but my wife unprompted told me that she thinks the new bronco is much smoother.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not back to back, but I've owned a regular Wildtrak and now the hoss 3.0 Wildtrak. This isn't a very detailed review, but for on-road driving, my wife and I both notice a smoother ride on the hoss 3.0. I didn't notice a drastic difference, yet, but my wife unprompted told me that she thinks the new bronco is much smoother.
That is what I want to hear but I have never driven a bronco yet this will be my first one! Maybe I will end up with a Bronco R in a few years! 😆 #dreams
Sponsored