Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that your current Toyota in your avatar pic? I had one for 10 years before the Jeep I had for almost ten years.

I miss it sometimes.

IMG_5107.jpg
yup...she's still running great and I love that pic of yours...what size tires did you have on her?
Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with the dealership and if I wanted to get the HOSS 3.0 parts, it could be done...does anyone here have a listing of ALL the HOSS 3.0 parts...or has it already been completed but it's like 7 pages back?

I'd be putting them on a 2.7 badlands with sasquatch...

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with the dealership and if I wanted to get the HOSS 3.0 parts, it could be done...does anyone here have a listing of ALL the HOSS 3.0 parts...or has it already been completed but it's like 7 pages back?

I'd be putting them on a 2.7 badlands with sasquatch...
shocks/springs numbers are in this thread.
there’s another that had discussions on the Raptor/3,0 rack and TRE parts.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ers-starting-to-show-in-catalog-system.44571/

Last edited:

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
shocks/springs numbers are in this thread.
there’s another that had discussions on the Raptor/3,0 rack and TRE parts.

I'll look through the previous posts to find. There are shocks/springs...what else makes the HOSS what it is?

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm messing with you. But you know if someone didn't know and they genuinely asked you shouldn't respond with "you're joking right ?" Not everyone knows everything . Just food for thought 😉
Nicely stated... I, for one, am a newbie in the Bronco world. I have a 1985 4Runner that is incredibly upgraded, but am going to sell to get one of these bad boys....the BL, WT, and Raptor are all options...I think the Badlands with the Hoss 3.0 would be like a baby raptor for me, allowing me to have the sway bar disconnect for easier off-roading, the SAS, HOSS 3.0, wash out floors, MGV, etc...being I'll be on the road most of the time, this option seems to be a good one for me.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those were 4 door part numbers.

2 door would be:
Front struts: NB3Z-18124-A
Front springs: NB3Z-5310-C

Rear struts: NB3Z-18125-A
Rear springs: NB3Z-5560-B
Thank you. The owner of the dealership asked why I'd want to do this as the BL is great unless you pound the heck out of it...
Can I assume the Badlands has a HOSS 2.0, then? The biggest complaint the badlands gets is the Tie rods and steering rack, correct? The shock and struts are just another plus? Bumper, bash plates don't really need on a Badlands...Dampers?

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. The owner of the dealership asked why I'd want to do this as the BL is great unless you pound the heck out of it...

Can I assume the Badlands has a HOSS 2.0, then? The biggest complaint the badlands gets is the Tie rods and steering rack, correct? The shock and struts are just another plus? Bumper, bash plates don't really need on a Badlands...Dampers?
If your gonna do it, do all the parts! I am also waiting for somebody to put 37’s and a lift on a Hoss 3.0!

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, second would be rack and tie rods for wheeling.
I’m really interested in the Fox bypass shocks. They should have a far better ride than the 2.0 Bilsteins.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, badlands has HOSS 2.0. If I already had a badlands, I wouldn’t worry about the suspension right away. I would focus on the steering depending on what kind of off roading your doing. That’s just my opinion.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely stated... I, for one, am a newbie in the Bronco world. I have a 1985 4Runner that is incredibly upgraded, but am going to sell to get one of these bad boys....the BL, WT, and Raptor are all options...I think the Badlands with the Hoss 3.0 would be like a baby raptor for me, allowing me to have the sway bar disconnect for easier off-roading, the SAS, HOSS 3.0, wash out floors, MGV, etc...being I'll be on the road most of the time, this option seems to be a good one for me.
unfortunately, the last time I checked HOSS 3 is not available on Badlands, only WT and the auto sta-bar disconnect and MGV are not available on WT.

I started with the Badlands for the auto sta-bar disconnect and the rubber flooring. Those seemed the most difficult to retrofit later. I enabled Sport mode with ForScan.
The Bilsteins are fine for me and there are also aftermarket options but I'll be retrofitting the HOSS 3 upgraded tie rods and rack.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
unfortunately, the last time I checked HOSS 3 is not available on Badlands, only WT and the auto sta-bar disconnect and MGV are not available on WT.

I started with the Badlands for the auto sta-bar disconnect and the rubber flooring. Those seemed the most difficult to retrofit later. I enabled Sport mode with ForScan.
The Bilsteins are fine for me and there are also aftermarket options but I'll be retrofitting the HOSS 3 upgraded tie rods and rack.

What you did/are doing...is exactly what I want to do. The tie rods and steering rack seem to be a 'must' and the shocks/springs not a must but a huge upgrade...

Regarding ForScan, does that void a warranty and is Ford aware of this?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you did/are doing...is exactly what I want to do. The tie rods and steering rack seem to be a 'must' and the shocks/springs not a must but a huge upgrade...

Regarding ForScan, does that void a warranty and is Ford aware of this?
Maybe and yes. Depending on what the failure is on the warranty claim and the mood of your dealer when you make the claim.

All this does is enable the mode. Sport mode is available on WT which is mechanically Identical to my build (except sta-bar disconnect). I think it is arguable that this "mod" cannot contribute to premature wear or excess stress on any part of the Bronco because it is a Ford mode available on other trims.

It this was an aftermarket tune or custom mode, then I could see it voiding your entire powertrain.

I'm taking a chance b/c my engine falls in the known bad valve/destroyed V6 build range. If it all goes south and I'm stuck with an engine replacement bill, it won't be the end of the world for me. I will take the slim chance it happens and it's not covered under warranty.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe and yes. Depending on what the failure is on the warranty claim and the mood of your dealer when you make the claim.

All this does is enable the mode. Sport mode is available on WT which is mechanically Identical to my build (except sta-bar disconnect). I think it is arguable that this "mod" cannot contribute to premature wear or excess stress on any part of the Bronco because it is a Ford mode available on other trims.

It this was an aftermarket tune or custom mode, then I could see it voiding your entire powertrain.

I'm taking a chance b/c my engine falls in the known bad valve/destroyed V6 build range. If it all goes south and I'm stuck with an engine replacement bill, it won't be the end of the world for me. I will take the slim chance it happens and it's not covered under warranty.
If I recall, it's the Magnuson whatever law that states the change must be the cause of the problem...if they cannot prove that, it has to be covered....
Sponsored