First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer is trying to give me some trouble about changing my order to a WT with Hoss 3.0. Is it really that constrained? And also isn’t it going to be standard for 2023 anyway?
at time of my order it was only available to early reservation holders who hadn't taken delivery or had a vin# assigned. Word is that the H3.0 was supposed to be how the wildtrak was supposed to launch but constraints cancelled that. If it becomes standard for 2023 lots of early Wildtrak owners are gonna be pissed!!
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

at time of my order it was only available to early reservation holders who hadn't taken delivery or had a vin# assigned. Word is that the H3.0 was supposed to be how the wildtrak was supposed to launch but constraints cancelled that. If it becomes standard for 2023 lots of early Wildtrak owners are gonna be pissed!!
Okay bet. Well I’ll be a 2023 anyway so I’ll just order a WT when I have to resubmit lol

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer is trying to give me some trouble about changing my order to a WT with Hoss 3.0. Is it really that constrained? And also isn’t it going to be standard for 2023 anyway?
Not likely.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right, that was my next question, is it too strong for the rack. And how does it compare to the sleeves and reinforcement brackets we've seen from aftermarket (which also potentially transfer forces to the steering rack)
The plastic sleeve insert keeps the rack from over extending and breaking the housing in simple terms. I believe they sell an improved housing as well. The rack and pinion gearing may also be a little light or weak in terms of design and or materials which also causes or will cause problems in time. The HD rack should fix all that. So just popping the ford performance tie rods on and hoping your other components down the line hold up is definitely a gamble.

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you upgrade to the hoss after delivery, have a loaded wild track on order (no build date) and dont want to delay the build with a change but may have to??

Sponsored
OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you upgrade to the hoss after delivery, have a loaded wild track on order (no build date) and dont want to delay the build with a change but may have to??
not at this time, but folks are working on it

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any more reviews on the ride quality? My intended use is ripping down washboard and bumpy forest service roads. My partner gets sick from excessive body roll, how does it do cornering on the road and taking turns in town? My Tacoma was awful.

Reactions: bek
OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
nose dives down when braking like a gen 1 raptor, body roll is not bad for the height of it. Runs a lot like a gen 1 raptor( prob due to the same size shocks) of road at a good clip.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got it a few days ago. I go looking for speed bumps. I can’t feel them. Makes me laugh. The higher rate of speed the more they disappear.
Can’t wait to run this through Mississippi Delta Fields.
Let’s go.

I just received our long awaited Wildtrak last night with the new Hoss 3.0 package. I was extremely surprised how smooth it drove, and it's actually comparable to the ride on our Gen3 Raptor with the 37 package! This is a 2 door with such a small wheel base and i didn't imagine it would ride as good and smooth as it does. It soaks up road imperfections without any body motion. The only time i notice the shorter wheel base is over the bigger and longer road depressions where the rear end drops in when the front end is coming out of it. A friend of mine has the 4 door Wildtrak with the standard suspension and it does ride great, but i wouldn't compare it the ride of a Raptor.

If you are on the fence on if the Hoss 3.0 package is worth it.... get it!!

Now if i can tame some of the wind noise I'll be set.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 suspension ride quality review 309340391_5514839445297795_1523871818415759803_n

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 suspension ride quality review 309340391_5514839445297795_1523871818415759803_n

Sponsored

Agr142590

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received our long awaited Wildtrak last night with the new Hoss 3.0 package. I was extremely surprised how smooth it drove, and it's actually comparable to the ride on our Gen3 Raptor with the 37 package! This is a 2 door with such a small wheel base and i didn't imagine it would ride as good and smooth as it does. It soaks up road imperfections without any body motion. The only time i notice the shorter wheel base is over the bigger and longer road depressions where the rear end drops in when the front end is coming out of it. A friend of mine has the 4 door Wildtrak with the standard suspension and it does ride great, but i wouldn't compare it the ride of a Raptor.

295510179_765676888217659_6505832887565289325_n.jpg

296470224_1374730892930581_3600596835447130485_n (1).jpg

I traded in a non sas Badlands for a Wildtrak 4dr Hoss 3.0. I also have a Wildtrak 4dr without Hoss 3.0. Hands down the Wildtrak w/Hoss 3.0 is by far the best ride, Handling and quietest of the three. We’ll be a two Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 family soon if my wife’s new one shows up that that’s two weeks late vs delivery email

Eruption_OBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 1997 SC300 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch, and I hate how bumpy it is. Can i just order the Hoss 3.0 shocks from the Ford dealership and install them or is there more involved in making them work?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch, and I hate how bumpy it is. Can i just order the Hoss 3.0 shocks from the Ford dealership and install them or is there more involved in making them work?
I don’t see why you couldn’t. The dealership won’t touch it for install though. I am upgrading to the Hoss 3.0 steering rack and tie rods but have to do the install myself or pay a non ford shop to do it.

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
installing the shocks is strait forward and an easy bolt on, not sure on the upgraded tie rods, as they may have a different diameter thread? The steering rack is also doable but it is a bit involved.

Eruption_OBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 1997 SC300 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t see why you couldn’t. The dealership won’t touch it for install though. I am upgrading to the Hoss 3.0 steering rack and tie rods but have to do the install myself or pay a non ford shop to do it.
Yeah i'd either attempt to do it myself or have a mechanic do it. But it's going to interfere with any sensors or codes or anything, right? I don't think the Bilsteins on the Sasquatch are adaptive

installing the shocks is strait forward and an easy bolt on, not sure on the upgraded tie rods, as they may have a different diameter thread? The steering rack is also doable but it is a bit involved.
I guess my question is, do i have to purchase more than just the shocks to make this work? I just want the softer ride.
SO i have to get the upgraded tie rods? Don't care for the upgraded steering rack since this truck will be mostly a daily with some weekend light offroading
Sponsored