Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Marc,

For MY2023, Is the HOSS 3.0 still available on just the Wildtrak or other models as well?

Is the Ride Height the same as the Bilstein HOSS 2.0?

Thanks
From my understanding only available on the WT but it will be standard equipment, no Bilstein option for the WT in MY23, just Fox. I don't know the ride heights between the 2. The Fox setup on the WT is not to be confused with Fox on the Bronco/Raptor, that is a live valve setup and an entirely different beast.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice!! I like the cantilever rear shocks, you don't see a setup like that very often.

I built one for my ranger and loved how it made my truck a total sleeper. I still had an empty stock bed, but underneath I had deavers, extended shackles and double bypasses.

I'm still waiting to see who eventually goes crazy on the rear of these broncos and extends the links to get more travel. Right now everyone is pretty much just modifying the stock suspension and using stock pivots.

2011-12-26_15-22-39_625.jpg

2011-12-26_15-38-00_657.jpg

2012-04-16_17-03-52_883.jpg
Great work on your setup!! I love the cantilever setup, they are harder to setup correctly, but when dialed in.... they are amazing!
I've had this setup since 2014 and am on my 3rd complete overhaul. Before all the extra work to the body, she was a complete sleeper that would fly by the other trucks at the track.
Other than rebuilding the shocks and adjusting spring rates, i don't think i can do much to the 2 door i have, such a short frame limits doing a lot without having to really start cutting. I think Ford has done a great job with the H3.0, but there is always room to improve.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just received our long awaited Wildtrak last night with the new Hoss 3.0 package. I was extremely surprised how smooth it drove, and it's actually comparable to the ride on our Gen3 Raptor with the 37 package! This is a 2 door with such a small wheel base and i didn't imagine it would ride as good and smooth as it does. It soaks up road imperfections without any body motion. The only time i notice the shorter wheel base is over the bigger and longer road depressions where the rear end drops in when the front end is coming out of it. A friend of mine has the 4 door Wildtrak with the standard suspension and it does ride great, but i wouldn't compare it the ride of a Raptor.

If you are on the fence on if the Hoss 3.0 package is worth it.... get it!!

Now if i can tame some of the wind noise I'll be set.

295510179_765676888217659_6505832887565289325_n.jpg

296470224_1374730892930581_3600596835447130485_n (1).jpg
That's interesting. I had asked about ride quality on a Facebook page, and was told by multiple people that Hoss 3.0 would not improve on-road ride quality at all.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a Jeep guy new to the Bronco side. Can you get the HOSS 3.0 on a 2-door Badlands with the 2.3 liter/7-speed manual?
No it’s only on the wild track at this point.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you, any additional insight into the difficulty of the HD steering rack.
I ordered one and the dealership in is installing today....right now we know there is a program issue.... hopefully it's feasible.

Sponsored

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you, would you mind providing the part# and how everything turns out.
Did you also install the Tie rods and Shocks?

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From my understanding only available on the WT but it will be standard equipment, no Bilstein option for the WT in MY23, just Fox. I don't know the ride heights between the 2. The Fox setup on the WT is not to be confused with Fox on the Bronco/Raptor, that is a live valve setup and an entirely different beast.
Yea no one really knows if it will be standard equipment or not. All speculation at this point but I do believe that is the intention of the wildtrak myself.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you, would you mind providing the part# and how everything turns out.
Did you also install the Tie rods and Shocks?
The part numbers for the Hoss-3 steering kit are listed many times on many threads already, but I don't advise ordering one until someone has this successfully.programed...for example even Loren Healy, The KOH champ, has issues with his new upgraded rack getting the dealership.program done. Let's wait a few days and make sure we get the bugs worked out before we break the internet with new Steering box orders.🤪

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's interesting. I had asked about ride quality on a Facebook page, and was told by multiple people that Hoss 3.0 would not improve on-road ride quality at all.
lots of speculation on the ride by those that hadn't driven one lol

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just received our long awaited Wildtrak last night with the new Hoss 3.0 package. I was extremely surprised how smooth it drove, and it's actually comparable to the ride on our Gen3 Raptor with the 37 package! This is a 2 door with such a small wheel base and i didn't imagine it would ride as good and smooth as it does. It soaks up road imperfections without any body motion. The only time i notice the shorter wheel base is over the bigger and longer road depressions where the rear end drops in when the front end is coming out of it. A friend of mine has the 4 door Wildtrak with the standard suspension and it does ride great, but i wouldn't compare it the ride of a Raptor.

If you are on the fence on if the Hoss 3.0 package is worth it.... get it!!

Now if i can tame some of the wind noise I'll be set.

295510179_765676888217659_6505832887565289325_n.jpg

296470224_1374730892930581_3600596835447130485_n (1).jpg
Looks similar to my Mojave suspension on my gladiator. Does it have the hydraulic bumpers? I googled but didn’t see anything. If it’s anything similar to my Mojave, I can agree. My truck drives like a dream, especially for a Jeep.

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks similar to my Mojave suspension on my gladiator. Does it have the hydraulic bumpers? I googled but didn’t see anything. If it’s anything similar to my Mojave, I can agree. My truck drives like a dream, especially for a Jeep.
i haven't seen any, but other than taking this picture when i picked it up, i have not gotten under to look at the complete setup

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i haven't seen any, but other than taking this picture when i picked it up, i have not gotten under to look at the complete setup
It doesn’t appear to, that’s the only difference between the 2, I think they’re the same fox shock maybe tuned differently. The Raptor has the hydraulic style bumpers. I really like the fox shocks so I’m not surprised people enjoy them on the Bronco, they’re good.

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesn’t appear to, that’s the only difference between the 2, I think they’re the same fox shock maybe tuned differently. The Raptor has the hydraulic style bumpers. I really like the fox shocks so I’m not surprised people enjoy them on the Bronco, they’re good.
different springs, valving, pressures... all make a difference, but the foxs are a good platform to build from and tune to anyone's liking

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm probably most interested in the upgraded tie rods given the failures we've seen. Has there been any mention when the individual parts will become available?
I am sure they will be available to order soon. Keep in mind that stronger or reinforced tie rods will put more force on the steering rack. Newton's third law.....
Sponsored