Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Hi There, have been following this community for a while and decided it was high time to register an account. This HOSS 3.0 business has got me really interested in seeing if I can get it installed into a Badlands SAS. I spoke to my dealer; they claim to be able to get the rack and tie rods (NB3Z-3504-M), but they’ve got a few concerns. I’m wondering if anyone on here might have any insight.

1. Will the new rack require the steering module be reprogrammed, and if so, does the Badlands module have the logic for it, or will the module also need to be replaced? It would be good even to know how married a rack is to any given module.

2. Do the beefier tie rods still fit into the knuckle on the Badlands, or will there need to be other parts replaced to make them fit? Could someone with a WT HOSS post a photo of the knuckle for comparison?

3. If I opted to just upgrade the tie rods, do they have the same threading/etc to be able to fit into the Badlands rack?

Am pretty happy with the Bilsteins, though would consider upgrading to the Fox coil overs if it will tighten up the rear end, which feels pretty sloppy. I think I may get further along with that by looking at better links though.

Thanks, and appreciate any replies.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure anyone knows.
someone needs to just try and troubleshoot.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi There, have been following this community for a while and decided it was high time to register an account. This HOSS 3.0 business has got me really interested in seeing if I can get it installed into a Badlands SAS. I spoke to my dealer; they claim to be able to get the rack and tie rods (NB3Z-3504-M), but they’ve got a few concerns. I’m wondering if anyone on here might have any insight.

1. Will the new rack require the steering module be reprogrammed, and if so, does the Badlands module have the logic for it, or will the module also need to be replaced? It would be good even to know how married a rack is to any given module.

2. Do the beefier tie rods still fit into the knuckle on the Badlands, or will there need to be other parts replaced to make them fit? Could someone with a WT HOSS post a photo of the knuckle for comparison?

3. If I opted to just upgrade the tie rods, do they have the same threading/etc to be able to fit into the Badlands rack?

Am pretty happy with the Bilsteins, though would consider upgrading to the Fox coil overs if it will tighten up the rear end, which feels pretty sloppy. I think I may get further along with that by looking at better links though.

Thanks, and appreciate any replies.
power steering control module is part of the rack, so you will be replacing that as well. Question is whether the new PSCM will play nice w/Badlands. Won't know till we try. I'm also interested in this upgrade. I've yet to see a reasonable reason why it WON'T work, but no documentation that it will.

OP
OP
CheekyOldMan

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
power steering control module is part of the rack, so you will be replacing that as well. Question is whether the new PSCM will play nice w/Badlands.
If that’s the case, I’d think this would simplify things wouldn’t it? Doesn’t the non-HOSS WT come with the same rack as Badlands? Seems likely the modules would speak the same protocol.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that’s the case, I’d think this would simplify things wouldn’t it? Doesn’t the non-HOSS WT come with the same rack as Badlands? Seems likely the modules would speak the same protocol.
Speak, yes...should be a non issue. however, the modules are often shipped blank and programmed when installed on the vehicle. Might be an issue getting the 3.0 rack to accept a 2.0 VIN...then again might not...really it SHOULDN'T. @BigMeatsBronco is also planning this mod. I believe he posted that he already ordered the rack. Hopefully he gets it soon and posts what he finds!

Sponsored

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m really curious about this too.

Whats the all in for a non sas Bronco to 3.0 upgrade?

What’s the all in for a sas to 3.0?

Comparison to a lift from a top provider?

overall changes (height, ride, etc), cost-benefit between the options, other considerations?

OP
OP
CheekyOldMan

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Speak, yes...should be a non issue. however, the modules are often shipped blank and programmed when installed on the vehicle. Might be an issue getting the 3.0 rack to accept a 2.0 VIN...then again might not...really it SHOULDN'T. @BigMeatsBronco is also planning this mod. I believe he posted that he already ordered the rack. Hopefully he gets it soon and posts what he finds!
Oh, interesting. Has Ford ever locked out a part from functioning like this based on VIN?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, interesting. Has Ford ever locked out a part from functioning like this based on VIN?
All manufacturers do. Generally speaking though, Ford's software is usually easy to work with. For something like a PSCM, they are usually pretty much plug and play, so I'm hopeful this is an upgrade we can do easy-peasy!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why would they do this? Especially when Ford has previously announced there would be a performance rack available through Ford performance? Seems completely absurd to for them to do that!

OP
OP
CheekyOldMan

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it seems unlikely that Ford would lock out a performance part; are there any examples of people trying to fit a Raptor part onto a non-Raptor vehicle and having it electronically reject programming? Seems more likely something just wouldn’t fit.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it seems unlikely that Ford would lock out a performance part; are there any examples of people trying to fit a Raptor part onto a non-Raptor vehicle and having it electronically reject programming? Seems more likely something just wouldn’t fit.
The most likely scenario is that Raptor/HOSS 3.0 and all other Bronco racks (and most likely several other models) all use the exact same PSCM, and it is shipped blank, then programmed to the vehicle once installed. If that is the case the swap should be no different than installing a replacement rack. That's what I'm betting on, however, it will need to be programmed once installed, just as an OE replacement rack would. Asbuilt software (I'm hoping) should work, as the PSCM has no idea that it's bolted to a Badlands and not a Wildtrak, nor should it care. More likely it needs to know if the vehicle has lane keep assist etc, that comes w/lux package or not. The reason your dealer is sketchy about it is on paper it seems simple that it should work...but until somebody has done it in the real world we don't know for sure. If you guys are 100% sure that NB3Z-3504-M is the HOSS 3.0 rack, I think I will call tomorrow and find out what availability is. If it's not hopelessly backordered, I'll order one!

OP
OP
CheekyOldMan

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone with a HOSS 3.0 post a picture of the knuckle? The dealer was concerned whether the beefier tie rods might attach differently.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone with a HOSS 3.0 post a picture of the knuckle? The dealer was concerned whether the beefier tie rods might attach differently.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Technical Questions 5E789ED1-87A5-4A91-97BB-8815B178BA00
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Technical Questions CD0395C2-2028-40CA-8286-161EB7FAB6A3
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Technical Questions 8231E7C9-B139-4153-9AD2-FC9F88738EF9
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Technical Questions CBE2571E-F0CE-40F8-A904-70BA8A1AA7DC
Sponsored