Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been meaning to post a thread asking this question….

a local shop (another local shop “sprays undercarriages”, and I think it’s just an oil spray, it was $100-180 and they over sprayed on my jeeps bumper) will treat the undercarriage, pull everything off the frame, roll it on… they say it’s the same treatment they do on bridges (isn’t saying much, America had some rusty ass bridges), but it’s $1,500.

worth it?
I live in the rust belt and I have seen just about every attempt to rust proof the bottom of cars.

The ONLY thing that seems to moderately work is

1) Keep it clean. Wash the salt off it.

2) Super light coating of Cosmoline. Similar to what they spray on the bottom of BMWs and those seem to hold up pretty well.

I would never have a company do any kind of "coating" to the bottom of a vehicle. Those seem to trap in moisture more than prevent it.

My good friend that was always into Toyotas just crawled under his truck after winter, gave everything a good washing, scrubbed off any surface rust and hit it with some epoxy primer. Seemed to work ok.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does this mean that they aren't pumping out Explorers either, since that has the 10R60 as well? From what I could tell, Chicago resume production this week. That would be a lot more damning for Ford since the Explorer is currently a way higher volume product than the Bronco.
My dealer has 4 in stock. In April when I was looking at vehicles, they had over 70. That's a pretty good indication of how bad things are.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fuck. I’m right there with you, I thought things were about to get better not worse.
Ford royally fucked this launch up. Not really Ford more like webasto but Ford contracted them so they fall on that sword.

MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's only bumpers, engines, transmissions, and tops. Anything else and you're golden! Steering wheels, turn signal stalks, seat belts.... All good (at least for this week)!

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as a Cincinnnati native myself I owe you some Skyline for all the fanboys antics surrounding your post.
🍻
Ohio native here. My first "solid" food was Skyline. It's the greatest thing man has ever invented.

I used to work with a guy that went to high school with one of the Lambrinides granddaughters. He would tell me grand stories of all you can eat skyline chili buffets at a local Cincinnati skyline.

Back on topic. WHERES MY BRONCO
crying-baby-istock660.jpg

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t read too many responses yet, I’m sure that’ll be fun 😂 in true news anchor fashion, I reported without having my proof fully. Here is a pic of the restraints on my bronco.

Ford Bronco Hot off the press… constraints on modular front bumper, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto transmission and 4x4 system crying-baby-istock660
No 2.3L and No 10 Spd automatics? Sounds to me like they need to drop in some 2.7 L with 7 Spd manuals. :p

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, this is for real.

Ford is now saying there is a shortage on modular bumpers, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto and the entire 4x4 system…..

The lady who orders our cars at my dealer has been checking on updates daily. Today, she stumbled on this information. That explains why they cancelled scheduling this week. Who knows how long this will last.

Updated with document:

Here is a pic of the restraints on my bronco.

Ford Bronco Hot off the press… constraints on modular front bumper, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto transmission and 4x4 system crying-baby-istock660

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So we need to change our orders to 4dr soft top 2.7 in 2WD, with a stick shift??
Asking for a friend

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol now I kind of feel good that I had to cancel my reservation before I made it an order in January, due to unforeseen circumstances. On the flip-side guys, I have a Bronco Sport Badlands now that I've already been taking off-road, and will be lifting and putting bigger tires on soon to have about 10.3" of clearance. If things keep up like this, I will still have more Bronco than you in 2025. Sorry, I had to rub it in. I actually really feel for you all because I wish I had my Basesquatch to complement my BS Badlands.

Ford Bronco Hot off the press… constraints on modular front bumper, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto transmission and 4x4 system Day I brought home my Bronco Sport

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if that is true, then there is no item that will be a Bronco. now it is both engines, and the 4x4 system. If so it is not a Bronco but a Maverick.......lol

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m thinking OP is riding around in his wrangler laughing his butt off!