First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Place your bets for the next constraint.
I have $5 that says they run out of VINs. Not the plates, just numbers in general.

That or the paper the window stickers are printed on.
Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone start a new post about what cars to buy now since the bronco’s a pipe dream…. So 😡

my list-
New bmw i4
Tesla 3
New land rover defender
Anything but a ford
I understand COVID issues, but it has gotten to the point of ridiculousness. I mean is there any non-constrained option.

I ordered on the day after the release (7/14) and don’t see me getting it anytime soon as I have every constraint except I switched to a soft top. If they could at least provide some kind of real estimate, but nothing but bad news. I believe this is the last straw for me.

I am not a Chrysler fan, but after considering it for months I believe I will be ordering a Jeep Rubicon Diesel. 10-12 weeks is what I am being told. If the Bronco gets here first (pipe dream) great. If not, I will sell it.

I sold my Toyota and am stuck driving my old truck or steeling my wife's (she wants it back).

Maybe I will feel differently in the morning.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco bolts shortage is my guess

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That ship has sailed... er rather sunk! Only thing left to do is swim to a life boat.
I swam to my lifeboat a month ago - a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible and I couldn't be happier!

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was joking the other day when I said the Bronco was almost as hard to get as one of these:
Ford Bronco Hot off the press… constraints on modular front bumper, 2.3L engine, 10-speed auto transmission and 4x4 system fmUrW9FHTxKqbfXPI-FGIw

Feels more prophetic than funny now...
Wish Ford was being more communicative with you'all as the 'air of mystery' just ain't cutting it.

Kinda surprised this hasn't popped up on the JL forum yet. I (mostly) love my fellow jeepers, but, holy crap, the spiteful glee they've taken from these issues is depressing. Good natured ribbing is one thing, but reveling in others disappointment pisses me off.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doesn't seem to matter to some if it's the truth or not. Some are still not satisfied when it comes directly from Ford. They want a document signed in blood.
@Bronc-O every post by anyone saying something against Ford, you have to chime in as the Ford apologist since you bleed Ford Blue, regardless of what Ford does or does not do.

Really, it's getting tiresome, please, learn to read the room, thank you.

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

edit: I wrote couch so much that I no longer see it as a real word. Weird how that works. Couch? cooouch?
This happens to me with words all the time. I’m happy someone else experiences it too! 🤣

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This makes sense to me. Alright get your pitchforks ready:

It's not entirely Ford's fault.

Why? Because anywhere else you look in industry, supply chains are completely FUBAR.

Doesn't matter what the market is. Doesn't matter if it's Webasto or whoever stamps the modular front bumper. All industries are in this shitstorm together and economies are out of whack all over the place.

Ford is one of 1000s of companies right now who cannot keep their promises, and don't even know what to promise.

So no I'm not surprised, and no I don't place 100% of the blame on Ford. Just be thankful they're not raising the prices on us because it is definitely a seller's market. (Curious what 2022 prices will look like - they won't be lower)

I know you don't want to hear it, but COVID created a massive bullwhip effect which will not stabilize for YEARS. Even thought the pandemic is effectively over for many, the initial upheaval which was caused was devastating. Combine this with growing pent-up demand and this is what you get.

Even if COVID wasn't a thing, Ford would still have had issues no doubt, but not on this level. Oh and just wait till people freak out with "The Delta variant"...
COVID or supply chains aren’t the problem. Ford’s communication is. Every company is dealing with constraints, and we all understand that. The difference is, most of other companies would keep you informed about your $50k order.

@Stroopaloop said it best...

And still no official word/email/phone call to reservation holders from ford. I say again. What. A. Fucking. Joke.

And if this constraints post isn't true...
What. A. Fucking. Joke.

Ford communication is straight garbage. Like a scared little kid trying to hide something from adults.

And I highly doubt ford just found out about this today. But zero comms.

What. A. Fucking. Joke.

P. S. I'm not on a rush, so no Chance I'm cancelling. Just extremely disappointed in lack of honest, non propaganda communication.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I swam to my lifeboat a month ago - a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible and I couldn't be happier!
I hear ya, my jump was after the early Dec order submission thing...

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting for the next Ford press release where they announce the all new 2021 Bronco Lite. All the features of a regular bronco except none of them installed!
I’ve been so mentally abused by Ford I would probably buy a 2WD Bronco at this point.
Sponsored