Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought I would start a new thread for us Greater Houston Area folks. I'm tired of clicking refresh on my In Production page. LOL. Need something else to do.

I'm Mark located down in Richmond south of Rosenberg. I'm dealing with Tomball Ford for my Bronco order. Waiting on a 2dr Big Bend with SAS. My first ever new car was a 79 Bronco. I ordered what I wanted and about a month later it came in. It was Tu-Tone Candyapple Red and Wimbledon White. It was beautiful to me. Had it about 4 years till I started a family. Traded it in. I missed it so in 2011 I searched for another 2nd gen Bronco. Found a 79 and brought it home and took it completely apart. It's back together and sitting in my driveway now.

Look forward to meeting other local new Bronco owners soon.

If you're in the area introduce yourself. Tell us your Bronco story.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Ashley5180

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey Mark! Thanks for the thread. I'm Ashley, I live in Manvel. My dealer is Big Star Ford. My dad bought me my first car in 1997. He brought home a 1993 Audi convertible and I threw a fit, because I did not want a car (yes, very spoiled ONLY child). I wanted a big beefy bronco. So he took the car back and a month later a 1987 Red bronco was in my driveway. The interior carpet and dash was red. We worked on it together, I had to learn how to drive a standard and he had to put a block of wood on the clutch since I was so short and couldn't press it in all the way. We had it modified so the top came off and we built a pulley system in the garage to assist and store. He added a sound system for my Birthday and when he was with me, CCR and Van Morrison was always on. He taught me how to go "muddin". It was truly one of the greatest vehicles I have ever owned. More importantly was the time we spent together in that bronco. Along came adulthood, marriage and kids and I traded it in. Always regretted that decision. Three years ago when they said it was coming back, my Dad was the first person I called. Now his health is not good and I really don't know how much longer he has. BUT....as soon as I drive off that lot, I will be driving to his house and will load him and his oxygen tank up and we will take her out for her Maiden off road trip. It's a promise I made, and I will keep it. Hopefully she will be here in a couple of weeks! 6/29 Blend - No updates

Last edited:

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am Jason I live in The Woodlands and work in Spring. I too am tired of refreshing my status page. I have a 4 door outer banks ordered with Gullo in Conroe. I have a 1986 Bronco also, patiently awaiting it's descendent to arrive, as it has been produced wine the 23rd.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm Casey, I live in Memorial City and work in Katy. This will be my first Bronco, but not my first Ford. I promised myself after the 2004 Bronco prototype, that if Ford ever reintroduced it I would do whatever it took to get one. I was just a kid then, but I couldn't be more excited about making that dream come true. I'm a 7/14 reservation with a 4 door iconic silver outer banks with Sas, lux, 2.7, MIC and tow. If I get it this time next year, I will be happy. I ordered through Helfman Ford in Stafford, we have used them for years for all of our personal and company vehicles and they are excellent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
79BKO

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Mark! Thanks for the thread. I'm Ashley, I live in Manvel. My dealer is Big Star Ford. My dad bought me my first car in 1997. He brought home a 1993 Audi convertible and I threw a fit, because I did not want a car (yes, very spoiled ONLY child). I wanted a big beefy bronco. So he took the car back and a month later a 1987 Red bronco was in my driveway. The interior carpet and dash was red. We worked on it together, I had to learn how to drive a standard and he had to put a block of wood on the clutch since I was so short and couldn't press it in all the way. We had it modified so the top came off and we built a pulley system in the garage to assist and store. He added a sound system for my Birthday and when he was with me, CCR and Van Morrison was always on. He taught me how to go "muddin". It was truly one of the greatest vehicles I have ever owned. More importantly was the time we spent together in that bronco. Along came adulthood, marriage and kids and I traded it in. Always regretted that decision. Three years ago when they said it was coming back, my Dad was the first person I called. Now his health is not good and I really don't know how much longer he has. BUT....as soon as I drive off that lot, I will be driving to his house and will load him and his oxygen tank up and we will take her out for her Maiden off road trip. It's a promise I made, and I will keep it. Hopefully she will be here in a couple of weeks! 6/29 Blend - No updates
Ashley that's a great story! I hope your Dad gets to enjoy that ride. Be sure and take pics!

Sponsored
OP
OP
79BKO

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh and Manvel! When I got my new 79 way back when my Brother lived in Manvel. Had a couple of acres behind his house. It didn't take me long to bury my new 4 wheel drive in mud. I thought 4 wheel meant 4 wheel! Not without lockers. I was a newb. I'll never forget that moment.

Ashley5180

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh and Manvel! When I got my new 79 way back when my Brother lived in Manvel. Had a couple of acres behind his house. It didn't take me long to bury my new 4 wheel drive in mud. I thought 4 wheel meant 4 wheel! Not without lockers. I was a newb. I'll never forget that moment.
I have been buried/stuck/high centered more times than I would like to admit. I was a little stubborn to learn that you couldn't just rock it like a 4-wheeler to get it unstuck! Then I met the man that is now my husband, he is a great 'teacher'. He had a 93 Jeep that had more mods than any vehicle should ever have. It was a Rock Crawler and I freakin loved that Jeep. Never got it stuck a single time. We lived in Katy during Ike and had more fun driving in all that high water. Couldn't drive over 55 or you would have the worst case of whiplash so we trailered it everywhere. We sold her about 8 years ago to a guy that lived in Dickinson, She had Mud Slut on the Window, I'm sure she is still around somewhere.

AJS

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, Andy Steckbeck from Cypress (Tomball Ford) Bdlands, 2.7L, Lux package, MIC top, tow pkg. Couldn't agree more... And I don't think Ford knows what is up. First day res holder, called Ford on 7-2, lady said it is built and on the lot in Michigan. Called the dealer and they confirmed. Status still says in production for the last ten days. Production date original (6/21) moved to 7/12 and blend date of 7/15....

Story - always loved the 60's Bronco. Always admired. Really liked the concept and stated I would have one if they came back. put a reservation (after wife went to bed) and she loved the reveal.
Actually tried to cancel twice and she talked me out of doing it. Looking forward to getting into a local Bronco group to go on Overlanding Adventures! I saw the two Badlands they had at the Houston Auto Show and I'm super excited.

OP
OP
79BKO

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey guys, Andy Steckbeck from Cypress (Tomball Ford) Bdlands, 2.7L, Lux package, MIC top, tow pkg. Couldn't agree more... And I don't think Ford knows what is up. First day res holder, called Ford on 7-2, lady said it is built and on the lot in Michigan. Called the dealer and they confirmed. Status still says in production for the last ten days. Production date original (6/21) moved to 7/12 and blend date of 7/15....

Story - always loved the 60's Bronco. Always admired. Really liked the concept and stated I would have one if they came back. put a reservation (after wife went to bed) and she loved the reveal.
Actually tried to cancel twice and she talked me out of doing it. Looking forward to getting into a local Bronco group to go on Overlanding Adventures! I saw the two Badlands they had at the Houston Auto Show and I'm super excited.
Mine was supposedly built 7-1. It's driving me crazy wondering what it's doing! Welcome to the Houston Roll Call. Hopefully we can all together for a cruise when they finally get here.

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone got their built and shipped email or still in production? Mine is a hard top so thinking that might be an issue with mine.

OP
OP
79BKO

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Patiently waiting to move out of In Production! Hope to see some movement this week?

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm wishfully hoping that mine shows up with the dealer demos due this week and the status just hasn't been updating. I will be parking it in the back of my store for sure since a lot of my customers are auto enthusiast types.

Last edited:

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine Shipped 7/1 and talked to my dealer today it was in Ft Worth area last night 7/15 BNSF Alliance, so for Houston area shippers there is a BNSF facility right near Hobby airport which is where I believe Houston area bronco's will arrive. Im Herb btw, bought thru Mak Haik on I10 and beltway.

OP
OP
79BKO

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine Shipped 7/1 and talked to my dealer today it was in Ft Worth area last night 7/15 BNSF Alliance, so for Houston area shippers there is a BNSF facility right near Hobby airport which is where I believe Houston area bronco's will arrive. Im Herb btw, bought thru Mak Haik on I10 and beltway.
Hey Herb. Awesome news! Yeah my salesman has a 4 door that came into the Hobby rail yard last week I believe. He said it had a "Ford Hold" on it. He's waiting for his to get released from the rail yard. Hopefully I hear from him today and will update you.
Sponsored