Sponsored

How’s vinyl wrap price, quality, longevity, downsides?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone else vastly disappointed with all the color offerings? I mean sure, you’ve got to offer black and white, but aside from those staples I really wish there were more exciting options.
I feel like I’m looking at 50 shades of grey (ha) and then some actual blue color that isn’t available until god knows when.

i love everything else about the bronco aside from the colors and it’s really making me flustered lol. Throughout my childhood I would build my dream car, whatever it may be at the time, on these OEM configurators and NEVER had a problem choosing some totally rad color.

Now I’m finally a grown adult with adult money and can legitimately purchase a cool car that high school me would have killed for and yet I can’t find a color I like to save my life.

so now I’m looking at my options? Anyone know anything about car wraps? Are they legit in terms of longevity and quality? Any obvious downsides?
Sponsored

MoeMoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is anyone else vastly disappointed with all the color offerings? I mean sure, you’ve got to offer black and white, but aside from those staples I really wish there were more exciting options.
I feel like I’m looking at 50 shades of grey (ha) and then some actual blue color that isn’t available until god knows when.

i love everything else about the bronco aside from the colors and it’s really making me flustered lol. Throughout my childhood I would build my dream car, whatever it may be at the time, on these OEM configurators and NEVER had a problem choosing some totally rad color.

Now I’m finally a grown adult with adult money and can legitimately purchase a cool car that high school me would have killed for and yet I can’t find a color I like to save my life.

so now I’m looking at my options? Anyone know anything about car wraps? Are they legit in terms of longevity and quality? Any obvious downsides?
yes! very disappointed and I was actually just talking to a friend about just wrapping it once I get it. For one, they need to hold events in major cities where were able to see the bronco in different colors.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have a hard time wrapping my $55-60,000 cool Bronco in Vinyl.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need a real green- Guard or Highland Green. Drives me nuts. My first car was a green Explorer, and it would just be so right if I could make that happen again.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no working knowledge about wraps, I understand the basic premise, but, I want to know if wrap will damage the finish over time and will it be removable without damage?

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Car wraps only last a few years depending on the climate you live in. Eventually the sun beats it down and it will show but they have come a long way and offer tons of colors. Would be sort of cool and it should protect the factory paint some.

Check out a guy on Youtube: CKWraps

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the CG (if I can get it with the as yet non-existent white top). But the rest of the color palette is disappointing. I am dating myself but back in the day they had these things you could order called, "options". And of the many colors offered, you actually chose one. Now days you don't order options, you accept packages and trims and such. I know what Henry Ford is saying right now, "They can have any interior they want as long as it's Navy Pier!" Ahhh, the more things change, the more they stay the same. It is a shameful reflection on the American auto industry and ford that so many people on this forum (a small group of buyers overall) have discussed myriad plans to redo expensive interiors and re-paint, wrap, etc. factory paint jobs on the bronco, or in some cases, either wait to order at a later time when hopefully more choices are available- if not taking their business to another company all together. Ford: this is the bronco we are talking about after all. The roll out year should have had some great color choices!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem with wrapping a Bronco is going to be the door jams.

6G Broncos are designed from the ground up to have the doors removed.
The Bronco door jam is;
messy, wide and made to to have the painted part stepped on.
None of these things are good news for vinyl wraps.

Anyone wrapping a Bronco, who is not a Pro, should expect it to look like ass with the doors off.

If the aftermarket comes up with a door sill plate that covers where you step, all will be GTG.
If not, budget rewrapping the door jams often .

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need a real green- Guard or Highland Green. Drives me nuts. My first car was a green Explorer, and it would just be so right if I could make that happen again.
Avery Dennison Supreme Gloss Green Wrap. I could get into this color. Deep greens are one of the few colors that could pull me away from Oxford White.

33DFE590-C7CA-492E-A11E-B8E78A9A1B46.jpeg

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They did ok. Two reds, two blues, black/white, light metallic grey/dark metallic grey, two unique offerings in cactus grey and area 51, and then a yellowish orange.

They completely missed the mark in not offering any of the greens in Fords lineup. Area 51 should have more of a green hue instead of blue.

Magma Red or Kodiak Brown would have also been cool options to have.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
None of rhe colors speak to me at all. But there is no way I would spend between $3000 and $5000 for something that is not only temporary, but also won't hold up over time.

I'm glad I'm waiting until MY 2022 or 2023. Hopefully they will have some better colors. Grabber blue or a cool lighter blue or a yellow.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have wrap 2 cars:

1 - It will NOT damage your paint
2 - It will depend on the environment (garage or not, in the AZ heat, etc. ) BUT it should last around 5 years.
3 - Many think you don't need to wash it, BUT you should.
4 - AND you def want to use some sort of sealant that has UV protection. IF not, the vinyl will start to crack and spider

Ford Bronco How’s vinyl wrap price, quality, longevity, downsides? 1599571647308

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much sums it up there in just a few replies. All accurate info. A paint job is going to cost a few thousand on up depending on a lot of factors as well, so unless you are wanting to invest an additional 2-10k, and you want a first-run Bronco with these choices: We have a few color options to deal with.
I'm considering my options but am going with a color I am ok with for a while and will repaint it once I either get tired of it, it gets to a point it needs a re-spray, or I have extra time to pull it in the shop and start sanding.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's spend decades of R&D to create the perfect off road vehicle. Let's do all of the "difficult stuff" correct, and then let's completely drop the ball on the easy stuff.

Let's release in a color pallete of a Chevy Cavalier and give it a mismatched grey hardtop roof.
Sponsored