Sponsored

How 2022.5 protection works in real life?

How did you get 2022.5 Price protection

• Check from Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Check from dealership

• Don't care about money

• Did not get price protection

• Total voters

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi,
I am a first week reservation holder with shipped 4 door Black Diamond. I will be (hopefully) picking it up at Central FL dealer in mid-June. Blend date was 05/11/22, order date 10/17/21 for Mansquatch, reservation date 07/17/2020.
I know all details from Ford Q&A how it supposed to work.
I just need details from real life from early reservation holder who already picked up their Bronco recently with sticker reflecting 2022.5 price increase. I have $825 certificate in Smart Vincent for 20 to 21 price increase. Did anyone receive full price protection and how it worked at the dealership?
Again, I am asking for real world experiences.
Thank you so much!
Dimasin
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The MY21-22 increase is pretty simple, as you states, it's a certificate # you can get by calling Ford, or the dealer can look it up.
For MY22-22.5 price protection, you automatically qualify if you qualify for the 21-22 protection. IF you do NOT change your order after March '22.

The price protection depends on your model / style.

We ordered in 12/21. We of course did not qualify for MY21-22 protection. The buyer's order I signed ('22 2dr BB) was exactly $1500 LESS than the actual window sticker for our Bronco. Our dealer just honored the original price -but they didn't have to.

You buy the Bronco at the MY22-22.5 increased price. 30-45 days after sale, when the info gets into the Ford system and they verify the customer who ORDERED the Bronco actually BOUGHT the Bronco - Ford sends the money to the dealer and they are supposed to pass it along to the customer (you).

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^ what he said.

My dealership had some difficulties with it. When I went to buy my bronco, they showed my rebate in Smart Vincent ($975 I believe) but that was it. I showed them the Ford Q&A section that detailed the total amount that I was supposed to receive and they said they knew nothing about it. The dealer did show me that here was another entry under my name, but it had a $0 amount attached. When he looked into it further, it said a rebate from $1200-2000 was available but did not offer much more information. I tried explaining to them that I was supposed to get $2975 based on the model I had ordered according to the Ford price protection document. After showing them enough things online, they reluctantly agreed and printed up a new contract with the correct price. I paid and went home.

3 days later, the finance guy called me back and said they still did not have any information on the additional $2000 rebate and that I needed to come back in and pay the difference. I politely declined and researched on this forum further where I found this and sent it to them:

Your dealer won’t be able to pull it. It isn’t a certificate or rebate, it is an invoice credit from Ford once the sale of that vehicle is reported sold to you and a DORA/WBDO order date before March 19th, 2021 was verified. If they don’t give it to you today, the dealership will have to wait up to 45 days for it to show up on their statement - and then issue a check… but then you’re dealing with another headache.

They must have researched it more with Ford because I never heard anything more about it. I honestly don't think the dealer was being shady. I don't think Ford is communicating this process very well to the dealers.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
dimasin

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone there having rebate check on hands already?
Is it a check from Ford or dealership?

OP
OP
dimasin

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry for bumping this thread, but is there anyone who received a check after delivery? My dealership states they don't know how this whole thing works, so whatever is on the sticker, that's the price.
Sponsored