Sponsored

How "all out" are you going with accessories ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Floor liners and rock rails. If the stealership is reasonable on price maybe Pod lights.
With the base what I really need is tinted windows for the back, and back sides, privacy, light tint for the fronts, not dealer items to say the least. I would like to enhance the stereo, so maybe an aftermarket subwoofer, if I can make it hide somewhere, and professionally installed. My truck is running around 41 k with 2.7/auto/SAS I'm pretty happy with that price.
Ah, I forgot about window tinting. We like to do the front windows to about 50%.

Also, I'm going to get 3M paint protective film. I considered the Ford option but I think I want to do more than what it covers. I may need to search the discussions to see if anyone has asked where the most damage comes from off-roading (not counting the tree pin-striping).
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right out of the gate with the order?
Not much.
1)floor liners,
2)door and top bags (onboard storage is what it is called on my build sheet),
3)towing setup (just so we can immediately add a hitch basket if needed for the trip back home. otherwise I would wait and DIY for less$).
The rest of the stuff coming is what comes on a BL with high pkg.

I plan on seeing what the aftermarket brings to the table.
FOMOCO parts counter will have this stuff if I want it later.
I really wanted the slide out gate but can wait on it for sure (especially now that it is confirmed the doors won't fit back there with it installed).
Drop down table is cool but again, maybe aftermarket has something even cooler coming??
I think it is going to be as wild as we could want and then some.
I'm talking squared-off wheel opening style fenders and 1/4's,
Baja-style body kits,
crazy rock sliders and bumpers,
rear tire carriers (Getting or making one for sure).
door options
Clamshell window delete options (rotopax or Halligan tools, anyone?)
grab-handles galore
front sight rail options galore
Exo skeleton racks
You name it. And that's just the bolt-on off-road armor/visual stuff.
Multiply that by a lot and you get into electronics, drivetrain, who knows what.
It's going to be a lot of fun and some interesting wish lists and Christmas coveting.

Just please, for the love of all that is Holy: No one on here install the inevitable "angry eyes" grille that is sure to come. Just please, I beg you.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First is the compressor. Good thing here is that it is an ARB. Not sure many can argue the quality of a dual ARB compressor. The install is the issue, but can be done yourself if you wrench, but a pro install and connection to battery or a supplemental battery is idea. This can also run the fridge or whatever, but a power inverter install would likely be necessary, plus you want it to be able to take a beating. The price of the compressor offered by Ford is also competitive, but again, don't know if dealers will do an install option or for how much. An aftermarket purchase of this same ARB compressor along with install to either the standard battery, and upgraded one like Optima, or a second battery is where there may be some cost, but good utility for camping.
I would probably opt for the pro install based mostly on the time involved to learn how to do it right and then actually do it. I still need to assess how much I think I might use it. Moab in a rented Jeep has been the only time so far.

The Fridge is going to be an area of debate. I already upgraded my fridge early (last year) to a Dometic CFX35 that will transfer to the Bronco from my old Disco. The fridge before that was a 12 yr old ARB, which I gave to a friend.

I am a Dometic guy now, it works flawlessly, is well insulated, built strong as hell, has safety features that'll save your car battery, and is a fridge or freezer; there are also 2 zone units you can buy that are bigger.

I find coolers for camping to be a total drag with melting ice. Yes, even a Yeti. The fridge on road trips is awesome. The portable battery (Jackery 1000) is just more useful to me than installing a Lithium Ion or another heavy solid state in the truck or under the hood if there is even enough room with the 2.7 engine. I can take the Jackery out and place it in my tent, on a table, or use at home; Options.
Ditto on the coolers. I suspect $299 for that fridge is likely a mistake, but if it's not, I think that would make a great road trip companion. Not sure I want to go in $1-2K because if we decided to go back to doing camping more, we'd probably delegate that capability to a trailer. But I'll be checking out some of the fridge options. I am willing to spend up to buy right once. :)

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
spend up to buy right once. :)
That's a wonderful way to put it. My SO comments how I always get pricey or premium products that I may only use a few times. And I can never find the words to explain why this makes sense to me. In such few words you eloquently laid it out

Stealing it. Thanks

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went into this fully expecting and prepared to order as you did, but it was an "all me" thing and I had not considered that HoosierDaughter would be of driving age. She wants to learn how to drive a manual. That changed my priorities. (shhhh - it may end being her car in four years or so)

(At bmv right now..... SHE PASSED her permit test !!!!! 😁 😂)
@HoosierDaddy I love this. You hardly need an internet stranger to give you props on "awesome dad status", but as a daughter of a pretty awesome dad who taught me to drive all types of MTs I think it is really cool you made that change to your priorities. I love hearing how excited this rig makes people looking forward to connecting more with family, friends and outdoors at every level. This is the good stuff.

Now not to get off track. My adds will be minimal as well. Getting floor mats and the ARB on board air (twin air) if pricing stays competitive would be sweet to have from word go. I have helped install 3 in family rigs already so AM would be fine also. Everything else will be added AM (lights, intake, winch, all protective metals) over time. Eventually there will just be so many cool options.

Sponsored

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a wonderful way to put it. My SO comments how I always get pricey or premium products that I may only use a few times. And I can never find the words to explain why this makes sense to me. In such few words you eloquently laid it out

Stealing it. Thanks
"By nice or buy twice" is what I've always heard/said

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would probably opt for the pro install based mostly on the time involved to learn how to do it right and then actually do it. I still need to assess how much I think I might use it. Moab in a rented Jeep has been the only time so far.

Ditto on the coolers. I suspect $299 for that fridge is likely a mistake, but if it's not, I think that would make a great road trip companion. Not sure I want to go in $1-2K because if we decided to go back to doing camping more, we'd probably delegate that capability to a trailer. But I'll be checking out some of the fridge options. I am willing to spend up to buy right once. :)
Definitely some cheaper options than my Dometic, some may be smaller, but if you research functionality, should be able to narrow the field to fit a budget. Only thing I'll say further is do research and only do it once if you get slightly above what you think you'll need.

With you being in Utah (camp and wheeling heaven), never know when the spirit to go out will hit you, so think of various camping options that may make sense to you and try some out.

The compressor makes life easy in airing up or down. Airing large tires (33" and up) take a while and some power, so the compressor makes taking care of the air up task more manageable. Later, you may need to air a sleeping pad, an inflatable boat, etc. If none of this sounds attractive to you, then definitely save some coin here, as there are a ton of options for many budget levels.

One very important area I failed to detail (hard to believe) in my long ass post is recovery gear. This shit can get expensive fast and unless you've been stuck or know the process of getting unstuck, this stuff may not make a dime of sense. However, this is essential and not an area for cut rate crap.

Tow straps, kinetic rope, soft shackles, tree protectors, etc are so important. Then there are recovery boards. I will only recommend MaxTrax as they can take a ton of abuse, but cost $300 for a set of 4. All in, my recovery kit is over $700 and this is before a winch is involved.

Deadman kit was $450 and includes a kick ass shovel and soft shackles
Kenetic Rope was $125
MaxTrax were $300.
Bow Shackles are cheap as hell.

Last edited:

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah, I forgot about window tinting. We like to do the front windows to about 50%.

Also, I'm going to get 3M paint protective film. I considered the Ford option but I think I want to do more than what it covers. I may need to search the discussions to see if anyone has asked where the most damage comes from off-roading (not counting the tree pin-striping).
Yes here in the desert we call that "desert pinstriping" and it is one of my concerns. I think honestly at some point you have to let go a little and remind yourself "this is why I bought this truck" but for the first 6 months it will be tough screwing up a nice paint job. Maybe that why some people buy ugly colors, to ease their guilt, I get that.

sasquatchrox

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Audi Allroad, Bronco-II (past)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Bronco friends!

While we all await the next phases in the life of a Bronco, I'm sure some of you are thinking about all the fun customizations but big and small that we will be doing! So, to kill time and spend money ;-), instead of the big ticket items from ARB (which I'm sure will come), I focused on some small but useful things.

For those of us with the molle seat-backs (BD, BL), I picked up a couple fun accessories from the ever cool store "5.11 Tactical" https://www.511tactical.com/

See some pics below - practical, yet fun.

Cheers,
Bruce.
Ford Bronco How "all out" are you going with accessories ? PXL_20210212_004533547.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco How "all out" are you going with accessories ? PXL_20210212_004542136.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco How "all out" are you going with accessories ? PXL_20210212_004654434.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco How "all out" are you going with accessories ? PXL_20210212_004826768.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco How "all out" are you going with accessories ? PXL_20210212_004850723.PORTRAIT

Reactions: Dom

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tube doors, Tire Cover, Sill plates, Ditch lights, Roof Tent, Black Stripes on bottom of my Cactus Gray doors.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tube doors, Tire Cover, Sill plates, Ditch lights, Black Stripes on bottom of my Cactus Gray doors.
I will be doing all aftermarket mostly for a better selection choice.

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mesh bemini top (not OEM) is likely the only accessory I'll invest in until I can get ahold of the angular fender/quarter panels - a must have, IMO.

tstefanic

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

oh goodness. now I scared mine is going to come with a front license plate bracket. I had no Idea there was an option to remove that. I put my order in through the dealer a few weeks ago.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for all those saying the tow package is overpriced don't realize it comes with 7/4 pin wiring and vehicle intigration for sway control,just add your preferred brake controller.(is wired for that also)
Well seeing that you cant tow shit with the bronco most will use the reciever for bike racks and as a tow winch point so its still a killer deal

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to say conservative on accessories.

Definitely adding
Sunrider twill top
pod lights
JBL soundbar

Later
mud flaps
cargo liner
spare tire cover
stubby antenna
Is the JBL soundbar separate from the vehicle audio? Is it just like an added BT speaker??
Sponsored