Sponsored

How are you guys getting your BIG dogs into your rooftop tents?

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Struggling to figure out away to get my 90lb bahemoth up the ladder! I’m not really able to carry her. Any ideas?
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Desert Armor over ladder item and my dog won't use it. The problem is you need a really really long ladder to get the angle to make it comfortable for the dog to walk down it, going up seems to be fine.

I gave up with my dog and now bring a Decathlon 2-second tent and set it up underneath the ladder.

https://www.decathlon.com/pages/2-second-easy-tent-story

dequ22p1_compact-pack.png

Ford Bronco How are you guys getting your BIG dogs into your rooftop tents? IMG_2276

Ford Bronco How are you guys getting your BIG dogs into your rooftop tents? IMG_2287

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto about dogs sleeping downstairs in Bronco. I am going to put together my JCR soft top roof rack and when the tent goes on, the dogs take Bronco interior on our trips.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Desert Armor over ladder item and my dog won't use it. The problem is you need a really really long ladder to get the angle to make it comfortable for the dog to walk down it, going up seems to be fine.

I gave up with my dog and now bring a Decathlon 2-second tent and set it up underneath the ladder.

https://www.decathlon.com/pages/2-second-easy-tent-story

Ford Bronco How are you guys getting your BIG dogs into your rooftop tents? IMG_2287

I have a 7-1/2 foot ladder. I open it out all the way and set the end on a cooler like the pictures on the Desert Armor site. So far, I've only set it up once and tested it with my dog for about 15 minutes. He is still not confident going up, but going down is not a problem. Once we start using the tent this summer, I am confident we will get him going both up and down with little issue. I'm sure that how well this works will vary greatly depending on the dog's personality. It probably helps that we also do agility with my dog so ramps are not that big of a deal.