Sponsored

How are you planning on protecting your bronco once you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
Valid concern!
I am feeling it too!
However.... I cannot WAIT to park it in the way back away from every car and their owner, and answer questions. It will most certainly be an attention getter for awhile.
With that.... def getting a tracker on it and whatever else sounds like good protection!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used to be that way. Now I just try to have faith in humanity…and my insurance company. Otherwise I’d go crazy. Good luck!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d move if I didn’t feel safe to own a nice vehicle but that’s me. I got insurance just in case.

The way I’m going to treat it, my Bronco might need protection from me.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll probably have Ravelco install their kill switch in the first couple of months. Kind of see how many thefts get reported, no idea how hard or easy it is to steal these rolling computers. (why there isn't a kill switch option in the app is odd though, I can remote start it, I should be able to remote stop it too)
I'll have at least one set of security lug nuts to make stealing the spare/tires harder. But that's about it. I'll park it at the store where I always park and since I'll never take the doors off, I'll roll up the windows to make touching less likely.

I'm not a car talk guy at all, so anyone trying to chat me up will get a short and friendly answer and I'll make sure to look really busy and drive off. I have zero interest in listening to somebody whine how Ford "betrayed" them and the roof problem and yada yada yada, nor do I have interest in comparing horse power or listening to some dolt telling me that my 4 door is not a "real" Bronco, LOL. (hey buddy, check the front, what does it say there???)

I'm sure my Cyber Orange Badsquatch will attract attention here and there, but I'm buying it for me and that's the only color I like. And if somebody says "nice Jeep" I'll thank them and move on.

I don't think I'll have to deal with jealous assholes doing damage or tossing trash in where I live.

In the end it'll also all depend on the person looking/asking, there are some people on this forum I'd love to meet, others I hope to never encounter 🙃

In general, don't worry, have insurance and enjoy the ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.