Sponsored

How are you planning on protecting your bronco once you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like some of you need to move to a better neighborhood
Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did we already forget about the nuclear option to be used in the event that the vehicle is stolen or you have that annoying passenger that asks too many questions?

Ford Bronco How are you planning on protecting your bronco once you get it? 1623887993142

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
Your Ford Pass App will at least allow you to track it if it is stolen: Do Ford Vehicles Have Tracking Devices? (Solved!) (motorandwheels.com)
Or you could do a slight modification to this device: SOUTH AFRICA: FLAME THROWING DEVICE TO COMBAT CAR JACKING (V) - YouTube

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get this and leave it on the front seat when you get out....

Ford Bronco How are you planning on protecting your bronco once you get it? 1623888599001

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jim Rockford (I’m old)
The Rockford Files! When I was about 10 years old, we went to the Ft. Worth Stock show. There was some kind of private party thing my parents went to afterward and James Garner was at that party! I actually recognized him because my parents watched The Rockford Files religiously!

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
A canon. Just kidding… I have a 7/14 reservation. By the time I get mine, my kids will be in college.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so with all the gun waving here, do you just plan to sit next to it all day and night, or how does that work? Not sure of the logic behind those posts. You're at the movies or in a store or on a hike or just asleep at home, how is your gun going to keep your Bronco from being stolen?

Not sure how owing a gun will prevent that - unless you kind of live in the Bronco and never ever leave it out of sight?

Besides, getting into a gun fight over an insured car seems a bit extreme to me...

I'll go for good insurance, a kill switch and that's it. Somebody wants it bad enough to put it on a trailer while I'm shopping? Oh well. Nothing I'll plan for or concern myself with. Life's too short to be that paranoid IMO.

But you do you. I don't carry a gun around 24/7.
Modern technology is wonderful
They have these things called camera's that detect motion and alert you in a variety of different ways.
That cover's the home situation.
I am always of the mindset that if someone is willing to steal something, I can't trust that they would not be willing to cause physical harm to an innocent person to get it.
Car jackings are done with weapons, I don't want to walk out to my car while someone is attempting to steal it, and not be prepared.
But you do you.
I prefer to never be a victim.
To put it into terms this forum may understand [Except for one person]
A gun is like a winch. Most of the time you don't need it, but the one time you do, you better hope you have one

Last edited:

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To put it into terms this forum may understand [Except for one person]
A gun is like a winch. Most of the time you don't need it, but the one time you do, you better hope you have one
Amen Brother!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern technology is wonderful
They have these things called camera's that detect motion and alert you in a variety of different ways.
Takes a pro less than 30 sec to steal a car, so not sure where that helps. but yes, you do you, I do me.

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so with all the gun waving here, do you just plan to sit next to it all day and night, or how does that work? Not sure of the logic behind those posts. You're at the movies or in a store or on a hike or just asleep at home, how is your gun going to keep your Bronco from being stolen?

Not sure how owing a gun will prevent that - unless you kind of live in the Bronco and never ever leave it out of sight?

Besides, getting into a gun fight over an insured car seems a bit extreme to me...

I'll go for good insurance, a kill switch and that's it. Somebody wants it bad enough to put it on a trailer while I'm shopping? Oh well. Nothing I'll plan for or concern myself with. Life's too short to be that paranoid IMO.

But you do you. I don't carry a gun around 24/7.
Was going to comment something similar to this. Can't wait to see people crouching with their hand at the hip 2 parking spots over from their Bronco instead of taking it off road.

'No honey, you go inside the Walmart to get the groceries... I'll be out here keepin an eye on mah Bronco'

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lasers
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.